(See All?) Announcements
555 Users Online
Google, Bing, Adora

euphemism — Jasper Rocks 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

“I would like to think I know what sort of man Rook Lyall is, yes.”  But he keeps his secrets, a small voice in the back of his mind whispered.  Kept things from Quil.  He often wondered if he was the cause of the breakdown between the leading pair then.  Perhaps it was simply the straw that broke the caribou’s back.  There was a young son to care for, a new pack to handle, Borden’s death, Cinder’s disappearance and--  The man sighed and shook his head.  These dark thoughts were not one to share with a visitor.

“As you said, Rook’s heart is a puissant thing.  It is all or nothing – and it is usually all.  Rook’s happiness is paramount, and should this flame burn itself out…”  Veho trailed off, mouth twisted as he stared at his counterpart from Renegade’s Reach.  “I asked one thing of him when he recruited me to Grizzly Hollow, before this was anything other than a friendship.  I asked him not to tether me.”  The grimace morphed back into a tired smile, something glinting in pale, moonlit eyes.  “And though it seems I have bond myself to these wolves and these forests, I made this choice.  But if Rook seeks to move on, if he can no longer find happiness here, with me, than it is my oath to see that he finds it elsewhere.  Love is not a selfish thing.  If you love it, you let it go.  If it comes back to you, it is yours.  I will not hold what wishes to be free.”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Siki who has 152 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Trisden Lyall
Am happy to wrap up here <3

Eloquent and composed, @Veho's response earned him an ever growing portion of Trisden's respect. Say what she would about Rook's tendancies, at least he knew how to pick them; those of good heart knew how to recognise others of the same, she supposed. If Grizzly Hollow had to exist, and not under Lyall care, then she judged that it could do a lot worse than the man stood before her now.

And as far as Rook went, she silently willed him not to fuck this good thing up. While she couldn't convince herself she understood it or necessarily approved of it, it wasn't her business, and if her brother was happy, then it was hardly her place to end it.

She listened to Veho's reply with a faintly furrowed brow and set jaw, but by the time he was finished, she had softened a touch. That was, ultimately, all she could have asked for. He had offered a little bit of context around his coming to the hollow, which she appreciated, but decided that she had interrogated the man enough. This was his home, now, and he had been gracious in letting her lift her head and behave as though she were still on her own soil. Veho had earned that much respect.

Dipping her head, in both acknowledgement of his words and his authority in this forest, her lips draw up in a half-smile and she snorted in gentle, wry acceptance. "Then we are of the same mind, and I'm glad of it. Good luck to you in this place, Veho - I hope it treats you and yours better than it did me and mine. You've a friend in the Reach. Don't be a stranger."
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
And fin!

Veho hummed softly, appreciating the relax in the woman’s posture more than he let show.  It was exhausting, constantly being on your guard – and it could be called nothing else, for he knew very well this was an interrogation conducted by the Lyall matriarch.  Whether it had been condoned by other family members?  He knew not, nor was it his place to inquire.  Perhaps one day, when things between himself and Rook were looked more kindly upon.  Until then, he would have to accept her consent of his leadership as just that.

Dipping his head to Trisden in return, he gave a second small hum.  “Thank you,” he murmured softly, for both the well wishes, and the extended welcome.  “I wish you and yours health and happiness.  Know that there will always be room for you and your family here as long as I maintain authority.” Another hum, and he bobbed his head.  Oh, he was so tired.  “May the Ancestors guide you.”

And with that, Veho made his peace, watching Trisden until she disappeared from vision before turning back to return to the heart of his own territory, his own space.  Half a mind wished for little else than to find Rook and curl up with the man – but the other half won out, insisting he get back to work.  An alpha’s job was never done.

Fade.

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]