(See All?) Announcements
724 Users Online
Google, Nori, Finley, Sophrosnia, Bing

At Long Last — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
@Vespertio and @Namid to begin with, because Tagg doesn't know  Namid is no longer technically alpha

Tagg stretched, enjoying the feeling of having his full range of movement back.  He was getting older, but he still considered himself on the young side.  The faintly familiar tang of snow graced his nose, and he sighed.  He’d been looking forward to finding his way back here for months.

As he crossed the familiar snow-covered terrain, Tagg remembered the first time he’d been there.  He’d met Rift and Ceara, though both had disappeared long ago.  He didn’t expect he’d ever find either of them again.  

He crossed the river he’d gotten caught in when he and Rift had first gotten separated.  He snorted at the memory; he’d been much careless then.  He carefully marched over the ice, glad he didn’t break through again.  This time would be different.

Tagg wondered about the pack; how were the pups? Had they survived their first winter? The days melted by and as he drew closer to their borders he began to feel anxiety gnawing his belly.  Would they even be glad to see him? He had just gone out for a hunt, and ended up not coming back for more than a year.  It wasn’t his fault he’d been ambushed by coyotes and drawn into a small war between them and a pack beyond Relic Lore’s boundaries. He would never have left if he’d had the choice. But they wouldn’t know that; why should they take him back? Why should they care? 

He halted, the strong scent of the border finally at his feet.  He hesitated.  Much had changed since he'd been here last - he'd changed - but he still wanted to come.  He still wanted to be part of this pack, if they would give him the chance.  Taking a deep breath, Tagg threw back his head and let out a long howl, calling to Vespertio and Namid.  He hoped they would come.  He hoped even more that they would understand.

"Speech"  Thought

(This post was last modified: Dec 14, 2016, 12:45 AM by Tagg.)
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Creamy brows came together in knitted surprise as the sound of a beckoning howl for both himself and Namid breached the silent wintry air, the song striking a chord of familiarity deep within the agouti man, yet all the same filling his ears like the voice of complete stranger. He could not say he knew this wolf at his threshold, but apparently they knew them enough to call out by specific names despite the shift in ranks that had boosted the ebony woman Moonshadow into the slot Namid held formerly. Alas, a call was a call and the lakeside patriarch could not ignore a summons for it was part of the responsibility that lay so heavily among other things upon his shoulders.

A swift shake to rid the snowflakes from his pelt that had gathered first and Vespertio was off, the snow underfoot flying in his wake as the man wasted little time in responding to the wolf that waited at his front door. It was not uncommon for this time of year to drive those wolves caught alone in the frigid grip of Winter to seek shelter and warmth among others until the thawing of Spring, a blessing in disguise for a pack lacking in numbers, yet that did little to soothe any unease the agouti man felt manifesting within the pits of his stomach. Fallen Tree Cove hardly received visitors.

Molten gold irises scan the vicinity for signs of their visitor once he becomes closer to the border surrounding his lakeside kingdom, an agouti male appearing against the near colorless backdrop. For a moment a look of surprise flashes across Vespertio's face as he takes in the features of this wolf. A blind eye, the torn ear and pelt coloration all bringing back memories of a time that felt like years ago, but a name would not grace his tongue. He couldn't recall it. Until a name was offered, this wolf was just another stranger to him. "Hello there, may I ask what brings you to my borders?" Charcoal dusted tail habitually curling to flag above his spine silently in display of his superiority, a reminder just who's lands these belonged to.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

Word Count: 292

Tagg didn’t have to wait long for Vespertio to answer his call.  He didn’t see @Namid , though perhaps she was on her way. As soon as the man came into view, Tagg assumed a respectful position, the guilt still gnawing at his insides.

He was slightly surprised by the expression on the alpha’s face when he saw Tagg, though chastised himself; it had been a whole year, and he’d disappeared with only a word to Anthem about hunting.  Of course his former leader might not remember him.  This was confirmed in the younger wolf’s mind when the agouti leader spoke.  That was hardly the way he would ask a wolf he knew what he was doing there.

“I get the feeling you don’t recognize me.” Tagg began carefully, swallowing the lump forming in his throat.  “I’m Tagg; I was in your pack a while back… I went hunting about a year ago, and that’s the last time you saw me…”  He paused, hesitant to continue.  “I don’t want to sound like I’m making excuses, but… I was ambushed by a pack of coyotes while hunting, and I wasn’t able to return until now. I promise, I never would have left if I’d had the choice.”

Tagg took a deep breath, hoping beyond hope his next words wouldn’t be met with ridicule or aggression.  “I was hoping you might take me back and give me another chance.  I’ve learned a lot; I can fight, despite my… disability, and I can hunt well.” It all came out in a rush; he felt the need to give him a reason to accept him back after everything.  He bit his tongue, hushing himself. If Vespertio wanted to know, he would ask.  With baited breath, Tagg waited.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Namid has been doing rounds like normal, marking borders and checkies supplies, when the call rang into the air. She paused, brows creasing and head tilting. Who could be calling her both her and her husband? And...why did the voice sound so familiar? Of course they hadn’t had any visitors from their allies in a while so she supposed it could be one of them, unaware that their ranks were in a temporary shift. Pegging it down to that she still moved to the call, curious as ever to see who it could be. They’d need to clear things up anywho.

As she happened upon the scene she moved to stand just behind Vespertio’s hip, not yet being able to see who it was but hearing the voice even clearer she was frustrated as to why she couldn’t identify them. She hadn’t been there to hear him identify himself, but as she moved to get a better look she stopped almost slack jawed. Namid was far better than her husband, it seemed, at remembering faces and she always made it a purpose to remember each and every face that entered and exited her...no their lands. And, with a face like his it was certainly difficult for her to forget. She had managed to show up for his explanation and she wondered what her husband would do. It wasn’t their decision to make anymore, it was his and Moonshadow’s. However, if she still was in her previous placement she might have reminded him that they were a pack of second chances. But, they never gave a third.

[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Grae who has 891 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Out of character comments here

Mercury eyes watched the small fishing hole waiting for her prey to swim close enough when the call reached her ears. One silver dusted audit swung back towards the direction of the call. The voice called for her co-leader and the rightful queen. How strange. Not having been called herself the ebony woman waited a few more moments for a fish to swim by. With none being dumb enough to swim within the reach of the wolf she turned to head towards the boarders where the call originated. Large dark paws carried her over the snowy terrain. The cut that she acquired from the sharp jagged rock had begun to heal and the discomfort was easy to ignore. Trotting at an easy pace she eventually made it to the borders. It wasn't a surprise to see that Vespertio had gotten there before her and it pleased her to see Namid was feeling well enough to answer. Moon walked up next to the pair on the opposite side of the agouti king. She greeted them both with a nod of her head and a smile for Namid. Her tail curled over her back and her head was held level with his. Months ago when she had returned and stepped up, the lake king had told her the importance of showing dominance as alpha. While she didn't like doing it with those in the pack she couldn't allow this stranger to think the pack was without proper leadership. While this particular stranger wasn't really a stranger there was no way of her knowing that. She had joined after he had disappeared.

Having arrived after the two males had started conversating the midnight pelted woman decided to let them talk as she took the strangers features in. The wolf before them was a stark red with hints of tawny and black woven in, a much different set of colors than the ones she was use to seeing around the cove. He had brilliant green eyes - well eye. The dark woman could see that his left eye was damaged and he had a notch in his left ear. His scars were intriguing to the young woman, oh she wondered how he got them. Gathering that information would depend on how this encounter went. After studying the male across the border Moon glanced at the Vuesain couple to see how they took the stranger in, little did she know that he wasn't actually a stranger at all.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Tagg, Tagg, Tagg.. Vespertio continued to replay the name in his mind repetitively until finally something clicked; whether it was the stress disintegrating his brain prematurely, or Vesper's lack of retaining memories after a certain point of time that kept him from realizing this information sooner, and his expression showed the dots connecting. Creamy lids blinked rapidly a couple times as if the action had cleared the fog that blocked his mind from registering his former subordinate that stood before him now, jaws parted to begin speaking properly now upon the matter, but the sound of crunching snow behind him caused russet ears to pivot off to the side although his head remained facing the wolf at their doorstep. It only took a quick inhale to reveal the mystery guest to be his mate, no doubt curious to find out whom had beckoned her by name since the recent shift in the female ranks and her silver shoulder was given a gentle nudge once her body came closer to investigate.

Not long after another set of paws were heard crunching against the snow and molten gold irises shifted to catch the ebony woman saddle up to his open side, a small smile adorning his inky lips watching the new Lead Female give the whole dominate posturing a try for the first time in front of a complete stranger to his knowledge. The agouti man's attention soon fell back upon Tagg, replaying the sob story he felt like he heard a million times already which in turn weighed the scale further into the side that would have Vesper chasing the other man from these lands, but then another glance was taken toward Moonshadow. Only months ago hearing a similar tale from the ebony woman at his side, had he not given her a second chance and wasn't Fallen Tree Cove a place that wolves were giving second chances to live up to their full potential? An inner war about what the right move to do began to fill the man's mind. A mixture of anger and pity washing over the man's facial features.

Finally Vesper began to speak, a verdict not yet made, though. "Fallen Tree Cove has become a pack that believes in second chances, but not in thirds. If I was to accept you back into this back, how am I to know that you won't just desert us again and that I can trust you again?" If Tagg truly wanted a place among them again, Vesper would hear the sincerity within his voice regardless if the man said the right words or not.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

Word Count: 376

Tagg was relieved when Namid finally joined them; he had been slightly worried something had happened to her.  He was surprised, however, when a third wolf joined them.  Her posture stated that she was the alpha female, but…

“I seem to have missed something important.” He realized.  Of course there was the possibility there had been a shift in ranks; it had been a long time after all. He genuflected to her.  “I apologize for any disrespect I may have inadvertently shown you by failing to realize the ranks had changed.”

His ears swiveled back to Vespertio as he spoke.  Tagg could see when he was finally remembered, but beyond that he wasn’t sure of the alpha’s thoughts.  His hopes lifted for a moment, but as the agouti male continued they returned to a more realistic level.  Tagg dropped his gaze to the ground in guilt, trusting that none of them would attack him while showing them such vulnerability.  He could feel the fur along his spine tingling with the action; it was very much outside of his character to do so.

“You don’t.” Tagg said softly. “I don’t even have any proof of my story except the new scars I have earned, and the training I have received.  I will understand if you decide to turn me away, and I’ll go without a fuss.  But if you can find it within you to give me another chance, I will do everything in my power to prove to you that I am a worthy member in whatever way you deem best.  The thought of coming back here was the only thing that kept me from giving up and giving in.”

He dared peek up, more to assuage his need to have his eye on something than to read their faces.  He quickly lowered his gaze again, however, wishing to show them not only the greatest respect he could offer them at the moment, but also that even after his absence he still trusted them.

His heart pounded.  It had all come to this.  There is no way he will accept me back. He thought.  I was a fool for even thinking it… But it was too late to turn back, and still he hoped that maybe…

"Speech"  Thought

l
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

A rustling alerted Namid to the arrival of another and with a quick turn of her head she identified them as Moonshadow. Moving back a little more to allow her and Vespertio their rightful positions she hung a little lower, happy to see the woman posturing appropriately. It seemed she was learning after all. Her husband spoke and she listened, happy to hear that they were on the same wavelength. Of course he was much more forceful about his approach, but he understand what they stood for. If he didn’t have the morals that he did, she wouldn’t be standing in these lands. She might be a corpse at the bottom of the mountain.

It was clear that he was shaken up, Tagg, and she couldn’t blame him. But he couldn’t have expected an open welcome could he? His answer seemed earnest enough to her, her mismatched gaze taking in his posture and his expressions as he spoke. Plus, they would always use the extra help on the mountain. But still, it wasn’t her call to make so she sat back and waited to see what Moonshadow would say about it. After all, it was her job to make these decisions as well.

[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Grae who has 891 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Sorry bout the wait y'all!@Vespertio

After studying the loner the dark woman glanced to both Namid and Vesper. Noticing the small smile on his face and the way the silver female moved back some. She could tell they were pleased with her stance. Their approval and confidence in the young leader gave her a much needed boost in self confidence. Her talk with her friend and mentor had gone very smooth and helped the most with her doubts. She gave a small smile to the couple in return when the loners words reached her ears. He was apologizing for unintentionally being disrespectful. While she did find it odd that the true queen was requested it didn't really shock the temp lead. Namid had been alpha for as long as Moon had been there and she knew for at least as long as @Kajika had been there even if she didn't know the exact amount of time. The shift had only been fairly recent and she doubted anyone outside of the pack knew of it. So she gave the strange man a warm smile "No harm done. One couldn't possibly know the interworkings of a pack unless they were apart of it or informed by someone who is."

Silver eyes moved to the lake king as he began to speak. By his words Moon gathered that he was answering the red males question but what shocked her were the words 'If I was going to accept you back'. So this stranger wasn't much of a stranger after all. He had once been apart of the cove which was why he had called for Namid. The young woman didn't recognize the rust colored man and she had been within the cove for about a year now. She quickly figured out that he had been gone a long time and so Vespertios words made since. How could one trust someone who had been gone for so long. But the cove was a pack that believed in second chances; Moonshadow knew that first hand. Had it not been she'd be without a home right now. Agreeing with her co-leaders words her gaze fell once more upon Taggs features waiting for his response.

Silver dusted ears pressed forwards to catch his words. He spoke of not having any proof outside his scars and newly acquired skills and would willingly go without a word if Vesper decided to turn him away. Well it was actually up to her too now. His story reminded her of when she had returned to the mountian seeking forgiveness and it was her empathy that made her decision for her. She had been given a second chance why should she not give the same benefit of the doubt to another? Granted she didn't know what type of pack member he was before he had left but she could easily see his guilt and desperate need to make up for his mistake. Feeling it was best to allow the experienced leader voice his thoughts on the subject first. Her quick acceptance could be way off base and if she were to voice it and be wrong, all of her fragile confidence would be shattered in an instant.

(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2017, 10:30 PM by Moonshadow. Edit Reason: Add tag )
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]