(See All?) Announcements
588 Users Online
Google, Isla, Neo, Bing

with wild wolves all around you — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
Partly Cloudy — Current Temperature: 50° F/10° C. Early dawn.

A heady scent surrounded him, but Indru made sure to keep well back so that no mistakes could be made—though the smell of Grizzly Hollow was strong he had taken care to make sure he kept a good distance between his paws and the borders the pack had marked. Curiosity had brought Indru here, a leader politely probing the edges of the closest pack to his own, the newest pack in fact to have sprung up in Relic Lore even if they had been here a fair while. With a leathery nose held slightly risen to the air it was not difficult to work out the pack's rough numbers—he could scent the wolves that held their allegiance here under the musty, dominant scent of the female—but the weakness of the pack was not lost on him. Though they had a female leader the Hollow wolves lacked a dominant male and Indru's brow crinkled in confusion, was there no male of age within their ranks to challenge an empty rank? It seemed absurd but if anything it soothed him, he already knew Swift River had higher numbers but their ranks were also more stable and they had a future, he and Corinna could breed again and give the pack more pups, but at the moment this pack could not.

Large paws had brought Indru here when he followed the gentle river that surrounded his pack; his route diverting to follow the stream that snaked into the cedar wood instead of following it in a circle around his territory. He did not often wander far now, but it seemed important too—with winter coming it was vital to check the strength of the pack and compare them to any threat they might face through the winter, resources would be depleting after all and the forest would have to feed them both. With a small 'huff' of affirmation and a quick, cautionary twitch of his ears, Indru turned to continue his path parallel to the borders, making sure to retain the careful distance between himself and their edge each step, a fact that their own member had failed to do with his own borders lately.

Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i>i couldn't help it, Jayse has not met Indru so I couldn't resist. Since I do not know what will happen with Borden I'm going to be vague on that.</i>

The change of events were trying to take their toll upon the light colored female, but she was much to stubborn to let them. After her slight break down in Hush Meadow, and the site of Borden she had grown rather sober, trying to be empty of any emotion. There was a lot to be decided on, and though she may have some to help her make the decision, the choice was up to her. She did not want to choose wrong, and was trying to make the right coarse of action, but not for her, she had to do what was best for her pack, and her children. She had pushed away what her life could have been, and instead concentrated once more on keeping her home safe.

Her stride was stiff as she checked the spots that determined Grizzly Hollow apart from the Cedar Forest, and she was thorough in making sure there was not any more strange scents she did not know. Some time she might make note of where Elettra or Raigo had stepped, but she did not slow her progress. She was almost done making her rounds, ready to head back when instead she saw a figure in the distance, just outside the border. First look she would have thought it was Ruiko, but the scent in her nostrils told her it was not him. Was this Indru Tainn? It made little sense for it to be anyone but, who else could resemble Ruiko, but the same littermate. More so what was he doing walking along her home?

She had never met him, and did not think his visit meant harm or any <span class='word'>knavery</span>. He had sent his condolences for Prosper, and he was Corinna's mate a wolf she had gotten along with. The prospect he was so close without calling, or news had her wary of his intent, though. He was not on her lands, but her head and tail carried high when she took a step in his direction, letting out a soft woof to get his attention.</blockquote>
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
♥ always wanted a Jaysyek thread. :)

The heady scent of the dominant wolf of the pack soon reached Indru's nostrils once more, but it was fresh this time opposed to the stale, yet still strong, scents that surrounded the pack's territory. He turned to her just as she came into view, tensing briefly as he wondered how his presence would be received—though he knew he was doing nothing wrong, he had made sure to keep not only a distance between himself and the borders but a respectful one to show he posed no threat beyond polite curiosity. Her woof reached his ears through the small space of the forest and Indru inclined his head in response to her, dropping it briefly to show that he had no knavery intentions but rising it once more to show that he would not submit when not on her land either.

Through Indru turned his body so that he faced the female head on like he had previously faced the empty borders he took no step closer, not wishing to startle her and still not wishing to seem like a trespasser unless she showed acceptance of his presence there. I'm sorry for you and your packs loss, his voice was gentle but it still had its usual strength; he had not known the pups or even their parents well but he could only imagine the pain the loss of his own would cause Swift River. Me and my pack offer our condolences, there had been no serious bad blood between the two packs—though Indru still bristled when he thought of the breach to his borders by this packs' second—and he did not wish for there to be, especially with winter approaching.

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i><3 it's about time they met lol</i>

Eyes studied the figure, noting the slight differences he held to his brother. From her distance she did not find many, though she did notice how his head lowered upon her call, then shifting upward, likely to it's normal position in which it was carried. It assured her he meant no harm, and as he was a leader she did not feel this was challenge, but only what she would do in his place. It was hard to be completely neutral. She walked closer as not to have to shout if they were to converse. She still could not guess why he would wander this far, as she did not know Raigo had pass their borders, nor it was his curiousity that had taken him this way.

The male turned to face her, and she immediately saw the difference between Ruiko and Indru. Their eyes were different tones, and perhaps there was a suttle difference in expression. Stopping not to interfere with his own space, ears cupped forward at his words, which were soft despite their deep ring. She took in a swift breath, and only nodded. She had never found right words to say to the phrase. They did though,mean a great deal to her none the less. The word condolences, she met his eyes, and whispered a quiet,<b>"Thank you,"</b> hoping that might convey what she was holding back. A silence hung for a moment, as memories old and new entered her mind. Attention never left him, and she spoke in a much louder, clear tone. <b>"I hope your pack is still fairing better, and your mate Cori is alright?"</b></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

The approach of the pretty white shewolf felt like an acceptance, or at least a lack of disapproval, for his presence near her lands. He was unsure whether the white leader had ever travelled closer to his own home but it was a sensible thing to do, especially in time for winter, and he knew it would not anger him if she tread as carefully around his borders as she had. Jaysyek's thanks were unsurprisingly quiet and he would have been shocked if the loss of the pups was not still raw, and from the lack of a male dominant scent her mate was still missing too, or at least had yet to claim his rank back. Silence fell between them after but he let it remain, it was comfortable and it gave her time to grieve silently once again without his interruption and Indru took the opportunity of her small distraction to glance over her frame, pleased to find her still healthy and well even with the unstable circumstances.

She asked a question in return and Indru could not help the smile that curled his muzzle quite handsomely as she asked about Corinna, yes, she is very well thank you. The pack as well—we are preparing for winter of course, but we are strong once more, tact caused him to not mention the pups on their own, he had no desire to brag about the well being of his own children in the face of her loss, though he understood that she had taken on rogue pups and briefly could not help but wonder if they had lessened her own pups chances of survival. Like all wolves Indru never wished to see harm come to any pups, his blood or not, but his father had taught him to err on the side of caution when it came to accepting strange pups not into your pack—they would not continue the future of his pack, not being of his blood, but they would drain resources and time from those children that would. It was a tricky situation, but he couldn't help her admire her a little for it, while also treading the fine line of finding it irresponsible.

Your mate, Borden, he is still missing? With a brief indication of his head towards her borders Indru tried to express that he was inquiring about the rather large gaping hole in her ranks, it was hard when a leader went—he had seen the aftermath his disappearance had caused within his own pack—but the fact that the gap in the ranks still remained made him curious.

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>A broad smile lit his striking face upon her question. A hint of one lingered at her own lips, but was yet to exist further. Despite her own losses, and what she had heard from Ruiko it did her good to hear from Indru himself they were doing well. She was not cruel to ever wish her fate on someone else, and she considered the grey female, and Ruiko her friends despite hardly seeing them.

It was in return she'd nod as he continued sharing they were getting ready for the cold winter ahead. <i>At least they are manging through it all.</i> She thought to herself, hoping for their own children, and pack both leaders had no more trouble. She noticed how he did not talk of his own pups, and she couldn't blame him. She wouldn't feel like he was sticking it to her, but it was a delicate subject. Well, and she assumed that's because they were doing well, but she didn't have the heart to ask about them. In time maybe she would meet them, maybe she wouldn't. Her loss was still heavy in her heart, and though she Elettra had blamed Borden for the death of her sons, she could not. She felt whatever wrongs were her doing, something she had to be responsible for in the position she was in. She would never regret taking in Theo or Arlette. She'd felt like she'd owed it to the large grey, and white male. Truelly they were much her own like Propser, Hocus, and Trisden.

<b>"Good to hear,"</b> she replied in sincere tones. She had nothing further to comment, only hoping winter was not so harsh she didn't feel it was necassary to say. It came as a surprise when he asked about Borden, but she could not deny by his action he was asking about the issue, the lack of a dominant male. Gently she cleared her throat, and gave the Swift River leader a steady study with her eyes. She had no harsh feelings for his curiosity, nor the fact Ruiko had shared what he knew of Grizzly Hollow. <b>"He has returned, but he is not who he once was."</b> She kept her voice indifferent not to betray the chaos his name caused inside of her. She was quick to continue by saying, <b>"I do not know if he can stand by my side, if I can trust him too, or if it would be for the best...for everyone. Though I can't deny I need someone, nor his chance to prove if he can be whole again."</b> She admitted to the river wolf.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Nov 19, 2011, 08:59 PM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

He couldn't doubt the sincerity in her words as she stated her pleasure in his packs well being and Indru nodded to her once more in thanks, a friendly smile curling his muzzle. This was the first time he had met with any form of leader from the pack in the old bear den but so far he sense good things—perhaps winter would not be so bad with a pack nearby as he had worried. I hope winter treats you as fair as she's able, Jaysyek, he would be sorry to hear if the pack faced any more losses, especially those of the pups, you and your pack. Indru was not privy to the inner workings of the pack beyond what he could make out from the scents coating the borders and the few tidbits of information he had gleamed from his river wolves, but he hoped for their sake it was strong.

The female was open about her mate and Indru listened intently as she explained, he was not aware of the reasoning for this male's absence but in a way he saw parallels with his and Borden's life, though at the moment his seemed to be far more settled and hopeful. I'm sure with the strength you've shown your pack your members will follow you regardless of your decision, I just hope you can make the right one, he thought, remembering how hard it was to earn back Corinna's trust, and he was still not entirely sure he had recovered all the wounds his absence had caused. Whether Jaysyek accepted Borden back among her ranks or not would not effect the pack's future too dangerously, he knew, there must be some male able enough to take the lead role and until breeding season mateship was not necessary, perhaps between then and now she may find another to take her fancy if Borden can not win her favour back. A lead male would strengthen your pack, his tone was cautionary as he did not want to overstep his mark, but he liked this female and he truly did not wish to see her pack come to further harm, especially if a lone male decided to try and take advantage of the pack's clear weakness, and he did not need to point out that if the pack wanted a future a potential breeding male would be vital.

Soon herds of caribou will come from over the Pass, he offered, the female had won his respect enough that he wished to help her even if he could only provide a little assistance, they normally stay down south, if prey gets sparse as it gets colder try Hush Meadow. Having being born in Relic Lore Indru had both his own expertise and knowledge of the forest as well as his father''s to fall back on when times got hard and he did not mind lending the female a few tips here and there if she needed them.

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>His best wishes she gave a fleeting smile, though was much obliged to hear them.<b>"Thank you, as to you and yours."</b> She spoke, knowing it didn't take much to unbalance the good to bad, sometimes it was a single mistake, or merely a wolf deciding to leave on their own accord. The little things sometimes mattered far more than the great, because the smallest of wrongs was all it could take. She had a feeling if the Tainn's continued sticking together, and their own pups were doing well perhaps Indru's misfortune would be the only bad thing that happened to the river wolves.

She had not met to be so telling of herself, but she felt if anyone might offer advice it could be him, not just because he was older, and had led longer, but because he had been on the other side -the one who had to return home after being hurt. She was eager to listen, and it was clear he had her attention. She took to heart his words, knowing her pack looked to her. She was worried if Borden stayed, Elettra might go, and therefore it was an even harder. To choose a wolf she fell in love with who left her, or a wolf who stood by her side, helping not only her but her children through it all. No, she knew it would be hard as one way or another it would change not only her life, but it would affect her children, and the pack's future. She alone felt she owed Borden a least hope things could be what they once were. But if he couldn't.....She agreed a lead male regardless was needed. It was getting to be to much on her without, and if a rogue pack, or male decided to attack she was hardly capable of protecting anyone, though if it came to such she would fight till death.

<b>"That's kind of you too say, and in these passing months I know it would be better for everyone if there was another leader, especially before the snow piles high; it's just no easy thing to let someone take that place. In time I guess things become possible."</b> She knew someone did not have to be her mate to choose, ad if Borden had not come, she would have easily entrusted it to Kade if he was willing as she remembered Cori and Indru had not been mates at first. Yet the fact was Borden had come home, and she was split. The thought of another breeding season only furthered the chaos she felt. She was hesitant to have more pups, because she wanted to keep alive the ones she had now. The most important detail was someone had to be a father to those pups, and she wasn't sure if someone could get that close again.

She payed mind to telling of the caribou, as she had not seen any last winter. It was good to know, as they were a great source of meat, and Hush Meadow was not far from the hollow. Studying his fiery gaze she was glad to know Cori had a decent fellow, and she too respected the Tainn glad to have finally met him. <b>"Thank you Indru, for your advice, and not only your kindness but your family's, it means a great deal to me."</b></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Though having a leader was the most sensible thing Indru could understand Jaysyek's hesitation in finding someone to fill that role—even with the fact that mateship did not fall hand in hand with two lead wolves (at least, not until breeding season) if the roles were reversed he could imagine the difficulty of someone standing in Corinna's place. The brown furred male and the white she-wolf's conversation was surprisingly pleasant to Indru's shock, it was not as if he expected any hostility if they were to finally meet but he was surprised at their amicability. After all the pair hadn't met before yet Indru found himself taking a instant liking to the white leader. In time I am sure that whatever decision you make will be the right one—for you and your pack. A brief smile curled his muzzle once again as he met her mismatched eyes quickly, fairly confident that she would understand the gesture was no threat to her. Borden may prove worthy of the rank he held once more too, now that he has returned. Though he was not privy to why the leader had gone missing Indru did not wish to presume it was for his own reasons or just pure abandonment, after all from the outside his own disappearance could be portrayed as the same to those not aware of what happened.

With a leader like Jaysyek he did not worry too much about the packs longevity, while clearly possessing a caring personality she seemed practical too—if the pack required a leader to keep it strong he could not see Jaysyek refusing it as such to keep it weakened. She seemed thankful for his advice and he nodded in return, pleased to help her if even it was only a small offering, it was difficult for him to give her too much assistance without overstepping his mark or hindering his own pack in return. My pleasure Jaysyek, and he was speaking truthfully, while he had never met the leader or Borden before now he had only heard good things. I'm sure in this coming winter our packs could rally perhaps if anything was to happen, it was a casual suggestion of an alliance if it ever became necessary, but now he had met her he knew that if it was needed her end he would consider it where before he would have most likely declined. Though I don't think I am wrong in saying that the Forest has been more lively of late, Relic Lore seems to have enticed a few new visitors—whether it is our packs that draw them, a search for security before winter falls, I do not know, but I hope they only help your pack through the winter, especially with pups to care for still. This was not Indru's first winter fully in charge of the care of pups, last year it had been his youngest siblings who had been in the position his children now claimed, and for that he was thankful. Last year he had been overwrought with worry over keeping them safe, but at least this time he had his own small experience to fall back upon, as well as memories from his father. Most of those in my adult ranks are family, Indru suspected that it maybe would not be the case for Jaysyek, have you had many lone wolves try to join your pack lately?

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i>Oh Tara can Jayse adopt Indru as her big brother? XD</i>

His word did little for her confidence, it was not his fault she did not believe in herself. It was something natural, in her genes to hold doubt about herself, adn what she did. The last months well they seemed to screamed she had not made the greatest of choices. When she thought about it, what did she regret? If anything she would not trade her world for what it could have been. Any change of coarse would mean all her children would be non existant. A light seemed to go on, if he thought her capable she should take that as a compliment, take it as something to remind herself look at how far she'd come. What all she had suffered, and how she could still live through another day. She reflected back his smile, <b>"I try to think so."</b> Eyes met his bright orange gaze, and she did not see it as dominance, but as a good sign of his character.

Upon Borden's name her black lips drew in a tight line, but she listened as there was something in her that believed it could be true. It had been the reason she hadn't chased him away...the man had to be in there somewhere. <b>"Well, I dare not let my hopes get to high, but that is what will determine the future one way or another."</b> If he was not whole again, she would not know what to do but let someone who was step up. Time...it could only tell what would come.

Jaw slightly lifted at the offer of a rally in case things turned for the worse. She knew it was no small thing what he was offering. It was something she had hoped to build between the two packs, she had never found the time to really hope for such things. The respect she had for him only seemed to amplify, and she took it as an honor. What she knew the Tainns had settled Relic Lore, and to have them be thoughtful of her had her shocked by gratitude. She suddenly knew why Indru, and Ruiko had went their seperate ways, but then came back together. It was in this she couldn't deny she missed her own siblings, but those bonds had been severed. However, it did give her much hope her own children would take care of each other. <b>"And if nothing happens we should get together, and celebrate,"</b> she added with a smooth smile. Why not? If anything it would do her heart good to sing a good song, with good friends. Something to look forward to if nothing else. They would just have to see, and hope for once life was not against them.

<b>"Your right about that, there is something about the cold that brings many this far."</b> She had been one of them last year, all to willing to join a pack not to be alone when coming into heat. She was quick to smile, at his hopes some might join her to further strengthen the pack. <b>"It would be nice, but something I won't count on,"</b> she was not trying to be negative, but might have come off that way. She thought it was just having realistic expectations if anything. The idea family filled most the rank of his, sounded like the best thing to have. She did not know if her children would stick with her, or if wanderlust would call them.

<b>"I recruited a fellow a few months ago, but I think it was all too much for him. Whether fate or chance about the same time I ran into another fellow, who helped me catch a deer. I thought I wouldn't see him again, but most recently he found me, and let's just say he hasn't run yet."</b> There was hint of humor to her voice, talking of Crux, and Kade. If anything Kade had been tested within the hour of him joining, and well if that didn't scare him she had her belief he would stay.</blockquote>

<i>by the way i hope this make sense...Switch writes late instead of going to bed early.</i>
(This post was last modified: Nov 22, 2011, 06:15 AM by Jaysyek.)