(See All?) Announcements
492 Users Online
Bing, Google

we're all in search of the lion's share — Jasper Rocks 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
RE: Snowmaggedon! A foot of snow has fallen overnight! || For @Ophelia only please c:

Laike Artemieva
And I try to show emotion
But my eyes won't seem to wet

He had made is way into the unknown day by day. The weather wasn't fantastic but it had been okay enough to travel in. That was until he had woken up this morning. He had been mostly buried underneath a fresh batch of snow. It was a wonder that he hadn't frozen to death in his sleep. The large male had shaken off the snow and walked around to warm up his cold body. He wasn't sure if he had ever seen this much snow in his life.

Laike moved about without much to go off of. The land amongst the cedar woods was white as if the color and life had been drained from everything. He did eventually come across a few large stones sticking up from the snow which grabbed his interest. What exactly was underneath them? Was if safe to walk across the freshly packed snow to find out? He tested his luck by moving closer to the large stones. His pace was kept slow until he was close enough to try and climb on top of one of the stones. It took a few good tries but eventually, the Artemieva was standing tall on top of the cold surface. Had this been in a field or at least somewhere less dense he figured he would be pleased with everything he could see. Instead, it was tree after tree after tree.

He let out a sigh and settled himself to lay down. It was time he started thinking about the long haul of things. What would be his next move from here?

[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Vet who has 89 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ophelia Macieo

If there was one thing Ophelia excelled at, it was disturbing the peace. The foot of piled on snow couldn't temper her boundless energy and she was putting it to good use. She found it amazing how much simpler it was to track rabbit in the snow. Their burrows were so much more apparent and their tracks obvious that she really didn't even need to use her nose. She was currently in pursuit of one and barking her fool head off while she was at it because why not? It already knew she was there so why not entice it into stumbling over itself in fear?

Zigzagging through the trees, predator and prey played the most dangerous game as Ophelia felt herself gaining on the vermin. Though it was still a stretch, the pale princess dove for the rabbit just before it could make another turn. Powdery snow flew up in a cloud as the rabbit's screams were cut short. The girl's tail flagged high with heady success—she was getting good at this hunting thing—as she stood over her kill.

Belatedly, she realized she had an audience. Fearlessly, she stared up at the large male with a lifted brow. "Can I help you?" she asked with that tone. The one that said whomever she was addressing was automatically beneath her and thus of no threat. "You're pretty close to Grizzly Hollow territory," she warned, chin uplifted in an attempt to appear regal when really it only served to make her look like a conceited brat.

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Laike Artemieva
When your mourning has a sound
And you hesitate to laugh

Laike heard the barks but he didn't move as it became apparent someone was hunting. Maybe they would leave him alone then. Yet he was met with the bratty tone of some child. "No." He answered in a deep tone as she asked if she could help him. Laike wasn't in need of help for any reason right now. He was a grown man and could take care of himself. "Good to know." It didn't mean much to him. If he wasn't crossing borders than it shouldn't matter at all. He also wasn't concerned with the name Grizzly Hollow. Nothing about it rung any bells in his mind yet here she was informing him like he wouldn't be able to find it out if he was too close.

He kept his orange eyes trained on her in case she was gonna try and pull anything. This by far had to be the snootiest wolf he had come across so far. If this supposed Grizzly Hollow was full of wolves like her then he would happily carry himself elsewhere. He wasn't going to settle down or hang around somewhere if there weren't like-minded individuals about. Perhaps he was best trying to find a meal then scram. If this young girl could catch something around here then surely he could.

Inactive Deceased
Ophelia Macieo

Well, if that reaction didn't rankle her fur! The pale princess scowled in apparent distaste for the male's less than impressed demeanor. Didn't he see her take that flying leap after that rabbit? He didn't even say anything about it! Of course, she hadn't realized she had an audience, but she would have worked it a little more had she known. But obviously her efforts would have been wasted anyway since he didn't even care!

"My Daddy runs the pack," she told him with a pout. Why in the woods wasn't he interested at all? He looked like he was watching a dragonfly in a marsh in summer! "What are you doing here, anyway? Just sitting there staring at young girls like a creep." Ophelia's scowl only darkened as she stomped around the stone the man was standing on, her catch forgotten despite her previous pride.

Maybe she should go get Daddy and Papa and have them show this...this punk how men were supposed to treat a princess! No, she'd rather show him herself! Demand it of him. @Nineva would handle it herself. She knew how to handle herself and never needed to wait around for someone else to fix her problems for her.

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Laike Artemieva
When your mourning has a sound
And you hesitate to laugh

"My Daddy runs the pack,"

He raised an eyebrow like he was supposed to be impressed. "Congratulations." He remarked in a dead tone. Just because her father lead some pack (which he had no concerns about or affiliations with) didn't mean she was going to get a lick of respect or praise. She was just a child who was clearly lacking some manners.

Her next words caused him to rise up to his paws and give her a cold hard look. "There are more interesting ladies to stare or even glance at than you." He kept his voice firm and hard in case she wanted to think this was some game. "I'm passing through but if that bothers you so much why don't you just say so?" Laike's orange eyes narrowed into a hard look. She was merely a little girl trying to act like a queen and so far she was failing miserably. He had no problem serving out some discipline even if they were close to her pack.

He held his ground on top of the stone not moving. He hadn't done squat but here he was being insulted by some child. Wasn't some father or mother concerned that she was out here in all of this snow? Or were they as unruly as her?

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Ophelia Macieo

Ophelia knew she should shrivel under his cold gaze. She recognized it as one she'd given Pip time and time again. But pride and childish righteousness gave the girl every ounce of bravery she needed to hold his eyes and mirror the gaze right back. Her pale green eyes flashed with fire as he dismissed her yet again.

The pale princess lifted her tail higher than she'd ever seen her father's and peeled her lips back in a furious snarl. "Don't you talk to me like that!" she barked. "You think I'm afraid of you?" she demanded. "I'm not! I'll fight you right here, right now!" Ophelia boasted. Aside from her siblings and beating up a terrified omega, the pale coated girl had never been in a fight in her life. But angry as she was now, she was certain she could beat this creepy, annoying man! Her fury could topple the mountains in the east!

"You should beat it before I make you."

Even in her state, Ophelia knew her parents would be horrified at her behavior. It didn't matter if she was in the wrong here. Because he had insulted her. Said she wasn't worth even a glance! And maybe...maybe he was right. But she wasn't going to just stand here and take it either. She'd make him take that glance. Make him look again.

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
He had to admit that he was amused with her hellfire. Laike had been a blaze of fury too when he was younger but he'd learned that if anyone was going to take him seriously he needed to cool down his approach. She didn't seem to be familiar with that concept. The large male could almost be positive that she would learn soon enough and if not life might be hellacious for her.

The large male stood at his full height, coat fluffed, and tail raising to her own demanding banner. While one might think of him as lower for challenging a child, he saw it as a chance to teach her. "You want to play with the big wolves, princess?" His tone was harsh as his eyes locked onto her own. "Prove yourself then. Every king and queen, princess and prince is nothing off of their throne or beyond their kingdom walls. Trust me, I know." When his brother had taken the throne and chased him out he had lost any title, meaning, and power in the Valley. While she may have still been a member of her home, this land where he stood wasn't hers or her father's which meant she too was without power no matter what her small brain thought.

With the snow surrounding them, he wondered if she'd be dumb to keep challenging and possible fight or give up because he wasn't going to play her game.
Inactive Deceased
Ophelia Macieo

Most were outfitting with an instinct for survival upon birth. They would land themselves in a situation and realize they were in far too over their head and find the best route for escape. That self defense mechanism didn't exist in Ophelia for she'd never been given a real reason to fear for her life. As the stranger stood, towering above her from his perch upon the stone with tail flagging high, Ophelia bared her teeth in response and met his gaze with reckless determination and not a lick of fear.

The demeaning way in which he snapped princess only fed the fire of her fury. "You're not so big," she commented, an obviously gross understatement. He was taller than both Daddy and Papa by a few inches, but that meant little to the girl. "And kingdom or not, I'll never be nothing." She said it with confidence, the thought of losing never once entering her mind. Because regardless of the outcome, this man would remember her. And he would know her name.

"I am Ophelia Macieo, daughter of Oula Whitebark and Veho Macieo. And you do not intimidate me." Her chin was lifted with noble pride and foolish convictions. On a snarl, the pale princess surged forward to snap at his paws with every intention of clamping down on his thick legs. Today, she would show the world she was her mother's daughter and her father's pride!