(See All?) Announcements
542 Users Online
Nori, Google, Bing

winter dawn is the color of metal. — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
RE: Desideria, your personal cache has been frozen over.
For @Namid -- 10F/-12C, moderate snow.

Everything changed, and yet, nothing did.

Desideria sat in front of her cache – or where her cache used to be – with a grim expression. There wasn’t much to the small stash; it was compromised mainly of the few squirrels that had woken early, and one terribly unlucky marten. It could hold a wolf over for a few weeks at best, but it meant the subordinate didn’t have to deal with the pack cache. Or the pack. Or anyone. Kajika was gone for the time being, and quite frankly, the women knew not how she felt about the matter. She had thought they were friends.

She had thought they were more than friends.

“Yes, I wanted it to be a surprise. I thought you might want the chance to be mother and that having a child all your own might bring you some happiness.”

For the thousandth time since she’d awoke, those stupid, awful, terrible words hung around her, circling her like ravens overhead. They’d found something dying, almost dead – ripe for the picking. Des would offer a feeble snap of her teeth and briefly they’d abate, but as soon as the wolf let her guard down, they would return, cackling and crowing just out of reach. Empty orange eyes stared down at the snowy seal, a withering sigh escaping the woman. Did she attempt to claw away the ice?

“Why do I even bother?”
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
I have loved the stars too fondly

This spring was certainly not turning out the way that she had expected it. The first reason being all the new prospects of pups, none of them being from herself. The second being the weather, which didn’t seem to want to do what to do what it was supposed to and save them from an eternity of freezing to death. It was a bit frustrating to her, honestly, but what mother nature wanted is what she did.

It had also been a few weeks since the departure of their second and she wondered how he was doing. Along this train of thought she thought about her red-headed friend Des, deciding to seek her out to find out how she was doing. She knew that, despite Kajika’s asking about them breeding, they hadn’t acted upon the inquiry before he’d left. That much was shown in the fact that the subordinate’s scent hadn’t changed. The lake queen wondered how things had gone down and how Des was dealing with it all.

Namid found her camped out at her cache, staring down at it like she was willing to do something or perhaps shrivel into nothing. Whatever the case it was clear that she was troubled. Moving forward she brushed her shoulder against the other woman’s offering a small smile before sitting down across from her. “What is that look about?” she inquired with her kind eyes, head tilting to the side curiously and auds swiveling forward to say she was all ears.

To be fearful of the night
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]