Google, Bing, Viorel

something to prove & nothing to lose — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall
don't worry about me the heart is suppose to bleed

The grin brought Renier from his thoughts for a moment. It was hard not to see the a young boy, tackling another mountain. He felt both proud, even if a little torn. Yet, the Lyall smiled back sincerely.

"You have earned it in your actions Sven. You have taken great care of your sister, and have always been quick to answer when I or anyone else needed you. You have ambition, like your grandmother. You won't sit idly by and let others do the work. I know you'll do what needs to be done." Truly, he preferred Sven have it than Nicolo. At least he would make the effort for the pack. Even if Renier thought they would never agree on what was really best.

The young wolf's surprise was evident by the sudden change of subject. Did he really think Renier could fully celebrate under the circumstances? Sven had stated his reason, but he did not believe it was his only one.  If things would have turned out differently would he have told him well done, well deserved in turn? Spoken or not, a challenge of leadership was a clear sign change was wanted. It was hard not to take it personally, especially with other events.

A slow sigh pulled from his lips, and his eyes dropped for a moment. He really wanted to be the joyful mentor, and assure the others of this new reign. He did not feel he knew how, or if he could.

"I'm sorry. My mind is running in several directions. I didn't notice them in the territory when I arrived and I'm not sure where they headed. I can't help think how her parents must fear the worst." Briefly, he lifted his eyes to a silver gaze. Maybe it wasn't a good enough reason. Renier had others for his eagerness, his sudden loss of rank pushing things forward. He might as well get it out now.

"If you wish to talk, it would be better now. I plan on traveling with them, and will not make a quick return. Even if you had not challenged me did you think I'd really want to sit by and take care of Nicolo's pups? Why I know Enoki is thrilled and she deserves to be a mother,  I have still found little reason to like the man who is suppose to be their father." He still wanted to sink his teeth into that damned imbecile. Give him a reason not to be able. Didn't it bother anyone else he hadn't attended Elettra's burial? Or even paid much acknowledge to the rest of them? Would it bother Sven now he was leader, that he had broken pack law?

No, by spring Renier would be severely outnumbered, and that was reason enough. "You don't need me. Especially as the Ridge will continue its legacy with Archers." Just like you wanted. My absence isn't going to be missed.

(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2017, 05:53 AM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
His ears pressed so far forward they quivered, the boy took in every word his elder had to say. Nothing he heard served to satisfy the craving for assurance that he had, instead driving the wedge further between them. He had to wonder, truly, how long Renier had been considering all this, if his thoughts had been the same before this very shift. Of how much of this could be considered Sven's influence. He would not shoulder blame, however. Not anymore. The young Archer had learned by now that he did not share fault for others abandoning this pack.

"Your answer, even as alpha, was to just hide from it?"

More than ever, he felt assured that taking this from Renier had been the right decision. And where exactly was this place that Renier was venturing with strangers to, and why? He remembered that Bojack had found the girl in the North, had always assumed that was where they would have found the girls home. Always thought it was silly that the man would drag her so far South. Could it be... ? Why not. It was who he had lost his father to, his mother, even Sahalie for a time.

"You're crawling back to her, aren't you?"

His gritted fangs bared as the words wrapped around them, tail slowly rising. Traitor, fucking filthy traitor! Running from them because he hadn't gotten his way and didn't have the stomach to do anything about it, right back to that same wretched woman who, even miles and miles away, continued to steal everything from her nephew.

"I want you gone before the sun sets."