Broken Bones — Nightingale Palisade 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by wolfsi who has 114 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Zilas
Set some time after this Broken faith
@Drestig
Early morning, Freezing fog, -1 ° F, -19 ° C
Set somewhere between WRF and the border of Stone watch timbers, closer to WRF then Stone watch

The ghost had been wandering for a few moments the thick fog still hiding the path ahhed. Where they even on the right path or had the foggy break of dawn lead the astray? how could they know? how would they find it?  Honestly, they knew it was the right path knew the placement of the terrain. But something inside of the kept insisting that they were lost, that everything had gone all wrong. why do you still walk? why not just lay down and die already? IT sang in their mind, It's voice poisoning soft and soothing. "Can't give up not yet, we have to get there, get back home." they whined as they stopped the wind pulling their long fur as it blew past them. home? your home is gone destroyed, you are returning to the ruins of a shattered kingdom we were never part of! IT howled in their mind and yet another whine escaped their lips. "I know." they mumbled as their head dropped "I know."

They looked around mismatched eyes gazing into the nothingness of white fog were shadows of trees stood out aginst the foggy white. They shivered as the sat down with a sigh. Why had they even left in the first place? Why had they left the Notch and the king? to get rid of ghosts, who just grew stronger. It mocked as they let out a whimper "yes" they said as they flopped down onto their belly. "Fenrir help us" they mumbled.

"Talking." IT.  
(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2017, 12:21 AM by Sahalie. Edit Reason: changed tag from pack thread to private )
please don't judge me for talking to my self, after all, you were the one who ruined me.

Keala is permitted to enter any thread Zilas is part of regardless of the tag unless otherwise stated 

Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

He travelled south today, in fact that was what he did most of the time now, at least when he went out on his own. He could no longer trust the Lowlands; Damn it all! His whole body was flush with nerves, he couldn't stand to stay idle, stuck within pack borders, endlessly patrolling a border that meant so little right now. But going out was hard too, what if something happened and he wasn't there? With a snarl the graying man shook his head, snapping irritably at the fog that snaked all around him, thick and icy. He longed for his clear, open lowlands. Here, everywhere he looked he saw ghosts, hiding in the mist  like they had in Spectral Woods, this placed was way to similar to the Oaken woods.

This was pointless, wandering around this foggy wood wasn't gonna calm him and he'd much rather be with his family anyway. And so he was just about to turn back when muffled sounds caused him to pause. Frozen in place, silvered ears perked at the distant noise, what sounded like a voice somewhere deep in the fog. A chill ran along his spine and he clicked his teeth irately; Get a grip! Obviously someone else was out here, and they might very well be lost. Straightening up, Drestig narrowed his eyes, starring into the whiteness, looking for a figure. "Hello?" He called, voice gruff. Finally his ember gaze landed on something that appeared even more solid than the dense mist, though just as white. Taking a few steps forwards, he called again: "Who's there?" The spindly silhouette was fuzzy, bright-white hairs mixing with strands of fog, but faint, darker makings slowly began to form a face. One dark brow quirked, nose quivering as it sniffed at the cool air. Something about this stranger made his hackles stand on end, but he couldn't quite place it. Yet.

Thoughts ”Speech”

Word count: 318

(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2016, 11:53 PM by Drestig.)

pride12
Played by wolfsi who has 114 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Zilas
A bit short sorry.

The call of someone ells had the freeze ears peaked and head turned to the side gazing into the white nothingness. They started and kept staring but there was no one just fog and a voice who had called out. run IT urged them but their legs were as rooted to the ground. As the stranger gave his second warning his dark shape created a blurry shadow in the fog. They blinked before the open their mouth as if to say something but then shut it again. What should they say? should they say something? What if it was a notch wolf? or another wolf from the open tundra? or a monster, RUN! It howled in their mind and legs finally obeyed as they backed away from the stranger. But they could see him , so he could see them as well. They could run, they could still hide. Unlike the stranger, they were of the same color as the world around them. But did they dare? Would he chase them or leave them alone?

The ghost hesitated tail pulling in under them wagging slightly, ears pulled back and head lowered while fear slowly took hold of them. "We are" they finally answered as they stopped the dark shape of the stranger still visible. "who is there?" they called back.

"Talking." IT.  
(This post was last modified: Dec 28, 2016, 09:53 PM by Ainashi.)
please don't judge me for talking to my self, after all, you were the one who ruined me.

Keala is permitted to enter any thread Zilas is part of regardless of the tag unless otherwise stated 

Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
I'm sorry for letting this go - I promise to prioritize it from now on <3

It was a miserable figure that appeared out of the mist, scraggly and skeletal, white and silver hairs matted together over jutting out bones. Drestig immediately breathed easier, eyes growing soft as they studied the young wolf. Whoever he was, it was clear he had been on his own for a while, clearly struggling as most loners were this time of year. When his eyes lifted and found the dark caller – or well, eye, one of them was motionless and milky, while the other had a rich, brown color and glowed with emotion – fear clearly flashed over him, body growing rigid and then curling in on itself. Drestig sighed at the sight, offering the stranger a gentle smile as he recoiled, trying to appear as non-threatening as he could. It seemed likely this guy's previous encounters with other wolves hadn't been friendly; Let's try t fix that, shall we?

In the moist, still air, the voice carried easily, silvered ears twitching and head titling at the odd phrasing. Perhaps the kid had grown a bit nutty out here all alone? Drestig shrugged his shoulders, deciding not to fault the boy for his quirkiness; Just yet… Instead he dipped his muzzle a little, hoping some courtesy of his own would inspire the stranger; "Name's Dres…" His voice faltered, whole body freezing in place while his nostrils flared, taking in the scent that had finally reached him through the stale fog. His breathing grew rapid, hackles rising as the stench reached deep into his brain, digging out memories he'd thought buried for good. Claws dug into the snow, a grimace of rage and pain twisting his face as images flashed before his eyes, bloody fur, his love in pieces, then faces, one hooded in brown, the other hideously pale, streaked with grey; It can't be! But his nose didn't lie, he would never forget the stench. He thought he'd gotten them, submitted them to the only fate murderers deserved, but here and now; I killed him! I tore out his throat! Could one of them really have escape?

All previous signs of friendliness were gone, every hair on the ebony man's body standing on end as his tail curved high above his back. His thoughts had slowed, as if moving through tar and all he could focus on was those ghastly images, the pure hatred burning in his veins. A vicious snarl lifted from bared teeth; "You..! Murderer!" And then he leaped forwards, snow flying from his paws as he hurled himself towards the ghost, determined this time to make sure it never returned to haunt him again.

Word count: 436Thoughts ”Speech” 

pride12