(See All?) Announcements
713 Users Online
Google, Bing

Half a World Away — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
 @Drestig & @Jessie. Any other Wild Rye Wolves are welcome to join.  Kajika is outside the border. Scouting Dem 1/3

It surprised the beta and maybe shouldn't that the further he traveled from Fallen Tree Cove the better he felt.  He'd been on his own for nine days and had visited two packs and was in search of a third further north he'd heard whispers about.  Being on his own again traveling the Lore reminded him of his time as a loner.  He realized that in some ways he did miss it a great deal but he had a home and family now that he had to return to.  After all he'd promised all of them that he would return to them safely but it didn't change the fact he was terrified.  Would he slip back into the darkness once he did go home?

He'd entered the lowlands where he'd met Des all that time ago, it was hard to pinpoint exactly where they had met. It was a different time then that he chose not to dwell on as he trotted across the land nose working to find any hint of a pack near by.  It was faint on the wind at first when he became aware of the scent but as he followed it he could smell it getting stronger. He found the border without a problem the markers strong in his nares as he approached.  Remaining a respectable distance as always not wanting to give a bad first impression he called into the territory for the alphas.

(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2017, 08:56 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Post 1/3 of Guardian demonstration - Border thread

she says beauty is pain

With @Askan and @Reyes gone on the southern scouting trip for Percy, she was attached to the borders to say the least. Throughout the day, she was picking up the rounds that the other two usually ran. Making sure that despite them being away, the borders were no less secure. The search for the missing Rye heir was still ongoing and still unsuccessful. Even with @Jessie back, the Rye wolves still found no sign of her and the overall mood of everyone was solemn and down. Adelayde couldn't help but think the poor girl was hurt and out there alone, but never did she voice those worries. She was too worried those thoughts were true.

Once again, the Rye beta was reinforcing the borders. Her large tawny body rubbing against a rogue rock, ensuring others could recognize the borders. Stopping to inspect her mark, an unfamiliar howl traveled to her tawny ears as they perked up to hear who the stranger was calling for. Quickly leaving the rock, she galloped towards the origin of the call. As her mismatched eyes caught the dark silhouette of the caller, she slowed down to a trot until she was few lengths away from him.

Noticing the stranger was outside and a respectable distance from the borders, her dominating posture relaxed slightly, though her guard did not. Ears and bicolored eyes forward and alert, her large frame stopped a few lengths from him. "Hello, anything I can help you with?" She questioned as her eyes looked over the male in front of her. Unfamiliar to her, she waited for his response and if any of her pack mates would arrive as well.

and there's beauty in everything
(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2017, 10:05 PM by Adelayde.)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Ever since she returned home, she felt as if everything were in a panic. Her daughter was still missing and Jessie could not quell the evil thoughts and memories that arose in her mind. She's dead. The idea made her ill and the Tainn made sure to steer clear of her pack mates, not wanting them to know the affect that this was having on her. This is like Rissa all over again. At the reminder, Jessie lurched forward and emptied the contents of her stomach. She released an uneven sigh, a groan escaping her mouth. Askan and Reyes, a new member, she reminded herself, were away on a trip to the north to look for Percy. Hopefully, they would find something. The pepper-and-salt colored woman was not sure if she could take another bloodied body. Another loss to her already fragile heart. A call from the borders interrupted her thoughts.

Jessie would not be allowed to remain on her own today. Letting out an anxious breath, the woman turned towards the borders, her pawsteps light on the ground. Whoever called for them at the borders, she was not familiar with and it caused concern to form in the pit of her stomach. What if it's more bad news? Taking a moment to steady herself on the way to her borders, the mother took a deep, cleansing breath. She could play the role of calm diplomat, it was something the Tainn had perfected over the years.

She was only slightly relieved to know that someone else had arrived before her, Adelayde. At least it was someone she knew and not a new member that Drestig accepted. The woman lifted her banner as she approached, hearing her Second's question. Good, I won't have to say anything yet. Emerald orbs took in the man in front of her, nostrils flaring as she tried to identify him. He was dark with light amber eyes but nothing about him physically struck a chord with her. Neither did the pack scent he gave off. Where are you from? Silently, she waited for his answer, holding onto the slim hope that it was not something dreadful.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Drestig, please feel free to jump in at any time if your able. Scouting 2/3

While waiting for either the alphas or another member of the pack to come to the border Kajika tried to remember if this pack had been  in the Lowlands before.  He couldn't so had to assume that it was in fact a new pack, he was sure that Namid and Vespertio would want to hear about this. He knew that there wasn't any chance he was going to be visiting every pack in the lore. If he remembered correctly there was another pack on the other side of the lake but he'd never found it. Just remembered running into one of their wolves once but that had been so long ago.

It was very long after his call died that a tawny  female appeared at the border with striking green eyes.  She also seemed very pleasant in her greeting which he had been hoping for.  A few moments later another black and white female appeared. He turned his attention back to the first “Hello to you, I'm Kajika Tallis Second in command of Fallen Tree Cove and I was hoping to speak with one or both of your Alpha's,” he explained looking between the two wolves before him. They seemed nice enough so he hoped this meeting would go well for all involved.

(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2017, 08:56 AM by Kajika.)
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Squeezing in a post here! Tagging @Drestig again!
she says beauty is pain

With the dreadful fact that Percy was still out there lost, it made calls from the borders extra urgent. It could bring news of their missing heir, and Adelayde could only hope that if it did, it was good news. Though with the unfamiliar scent that hung on the male's coat, she started to doubt he was bringing news of Percy. Nobody came back smelling like this wolf, so she didn't think they would even know of their missing adolescent unless a neighboring pack spread the news.

Luckily, her newly returned alpha quickly joined her side just as the male asked to speak with her alphas. Nudging Jessie softly in comfort, the Rye second responded quickly. "You are in luck. You are already in the presence of the Rye Field's leading lady. So you may speak freely, as I'm sure Drestig will be joining us shortly." She hoped, their other alpha was on his way, but Ade was sure Jessie could pass on any information this man had for them. Falling back onto her haunches, her bicolored gaze crossed to both her leader and this Kajika from Fallen Tree Cove. Quietly, the second wondered where exactly his home was located as she had yet to hear of such pack around these parts.

and there's beauty in everything
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

This was the first time he'd come to a border and not been greeted by an alpha. Kajika didn't mind as it was nice to meet other members of the packs he was visiting. Especially when they were as nice as the female who'd come to meet him seemed to be. The wolf that appeared next didn't say anything but when he introduced himself he addressed them both. Kajika wanted this visit to go as well as the other two he'd already had. Perhaps he could gain a few more friends for Fallen Tree Cove even if the last two packs he'd visited were quite some distance from the cove.

He wasn't too surprised to hear that he was already speaking with one of the alpha's. He gave the black and white wolf another respectful dip of his head. “My pack resides on the mountain and I've come mostly to let you know that we are up there but I was also hoping that maybe we could open up communication between our packs.” He paused for a moment to give them a chance to take in what he was proposing. “I do realize there is quite some distance between our packs so it might not seem to be beneficial but there could come a time when it could be.” That said he waited to see what the reaction to what he was proposing might be. In the meantime, “May I ask who I'm speaking with?” As he was curious about the names of the two wolves in front of him.

(This post was last modified: May 15, 2017, 12:48 PM by Kajika.)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

The Queen's ears flicked forward at the man's words and she had to stiffle a grunt. Not very good with social cues then. Adelayde was quick to wash away any confusion and Jessie was grateful. Less for me to do. Though the alpha did hope that her mate was resting and certainly not on his way here. The searching and worrying for their daughter had worn him out, just as it wore them all out but he had been at it for so long. The Tainn just wanted to be able to take care of something. Including this Kajika Tallis from Fallen Tree Cove. In all her years in the lore, Jessie had never heard of the pack before, never passed by it, which was curious considering she had been on the mountains many times over. Traveled over them, visited Hearthwood River, and never had she heard of Fallen Tree Cove. She did not say this but kept her neutral mask of professionalism on, listening to the proposition given to them. It was curious that they would do this, especially with wolves they didn't know. What if we were cold blooded murderers?

But Jessie would not deny their need for allies, especially in the situation they were in now. She would not jump into anything, however. They would not look desperate. She remained where she was, shoulder to shoulder with Adelayde, her voice calm when she spoke, "I am Jessie Tainn and this is Adelayde Snow, my Second." Emerald eyes remained trained on their guest, mulling over what to respond. Yes, it was appealing but there was something else to consider here. "Indeed, I agree that open communication is important and in that case, I must ask. What is your relationship with the Hearthwood wolves?" Jessie had family there and if there was bad blood between the two packs, the Tainn would have nothing to do with them. Her tail waved lazily above her back, lips pursed in a thin line. She would make sure that everything was laid out clearly before they made any kind of deal.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]