(See All?) Announcements
574 Users Online
Bing, Google, Matos, Miriam

I need some more of you to take me over — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Reyes remained silent while his grooming continued; even as his mate shuffled, he persisted until he felt the man had been cleansed enough. Did he need it? No. There were no mats in his fur, no icicles clinging where they shouldn’t be. It was a comfort, for both of them, and only once the younger wolf started to relax did Reyes do the same. Once Askan was comfortable, he shuffled just enough to rest his chin in a similar manner – they formed a wolf circle. A wolf donut. Perhaps a wolf dreamcatcher, or something equally as sappy.

His eyes slipped back shut even as a small smile threatened to lift the corners of his mouth. “Won’t. I won’t.”

He had no where else to go – except for maybe the place he’d left his sister and mother. If he went there, he’d bring Askan along; the man would want to see something different, right? The place didn’t particularly matter to Reyes – the company was better. He yawned. “Got no where better to be. No where else I want to be.” His tail twitched and he nuzzled into Askan’s ruff. “No one else I wanna be with. So there, amado. Now, go back to sleep. M’ still tired.”

[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Maybe it was a childish fear, the sort little puppies would have after waking from a bad dream. And maybe Askan was too old for this shit,  should just grin and bear it like everyone else .But as much as he wanted to be like everyone else and abide by the norm he just couldn't. He wasn't strong enough. It was a scary thought on a good day, but when he was like this, teetering on the brink of exhaustion it truly was terrifying. More than enough to tear down the concrete constructs he'd built to keep himself safe, to hide his weaknesses.

Not that it seemed to matter anymore.

Reyes was here to stay. His word was his bond and so he wasn't going anywhere. He might nip out in the middle of the night to go for a piss, or do his own thing throughout the day but in the end he'd come back. Time and time again. Because being together just felt so right, and Askan wouldn't have it any other way.

Nodding at his words, the Selwyn visibly relaxed and leaned into his touch. Talk was usually so cheap and yet Askan believed each and everyone one that passed from Reyes' mouth. He was right, there was no better place to be then their little den, safe , warm and out of the cold. And furthermore, there was no other wolf Askan would rather be with. It was Reyes or no one. Because the prospect of having someone else at his side, of someone else touching him like this made him want to shiver with repulsion. And the same applied to Reyes. Askan had never considered himself a possessive man before, but he knew that if he ever saw someone try and touch him like this...Well he wouldn't stand for it, he would make his feelings known, loud and clear.

Yawning, Askan was in no state to argue. Now that all the fear had drained out of his system and had been replaced with the warm and fuzzies, it was hard to resist the urge to sleep. There was one more thing he wanted to say. Sure, he could have waited till the morning, but knowing him he would have forgotten about this whole mess by then. Which was both a blessing and a curse really.

"Reyes I-" Maybe not. Now wasn't really the time, considering what had just happened. There was no rush, it could wait. Surely."Night."

And with that the Yukon wolf closed his eyes and allowed sleep to take him once more.

Fade

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]