When I was six years old, I broke my leg — Dragonfly Fen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
So sorry for the wait. :(

you do not know who is your friend

and who is your enemy

It wasn't the reaction he had expected. Not hoped, because he hadn't hoped much at all, to be honest. But, he was definitely surprised by how profound Mace's shock at the news was. He'd just found an unlikely coincidence, brought to his awareness by proximity in time—had he met Rowan either not at all, or much longer ago, he likely wouldn't have thought much of Mace's remark at all. Just another family full of misfortune. Ice knew what that was like all too well.

No; it was the fact that he'd run into Rowan just a month ago, and rediscovered more facets of his past that had him flooring Mace with a simple name. Concern knitted his brows together. His tail wagged slowly still, and his broad head tilted. Ice was too old to be easily insulted these days, and least of all when the direct gaze boring into his was so vacant. Clearly, Mace was elsewhere, and so, Ice chose to forgive it. He wouldn't even mention it. It didn't matter.

Rowan hadn't told him much of what had happened when the Rapids went under, only that it had happened, and in a flood. And where Ava had gone.. he hadn't known. Ice had automatically assumed that Mace wouldn't know either, and the trail was stone cold since years ago. Slowly, Ice found himself smiling, a smile both grim and friendly. He assumed he'd felt much the same way if somebody showed up and told him Snow was here.

Snow Aesir... Now that had been a long time ago.

"Just a day's travel or so north-east of here," he said calmly, waving his pale muzzle in the direction. "He passed into the Lore from the east. He was looking for his yearling daughter, whose trail led here." There was still a little concern in his eyes, because Mace still looked quite shocked. Ice shrugged a little. He didn't really know that much more about Rowan, or where he'd gone after that.

until the ice breaks.

let the stars above shine in your soul