333 Users Online
Bing, Google

old bones for young dogs — Antler Ring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
For miss @Adelayde! || Afternoon, Partly cloudy -21 ° F, -29 ° C, Antler Ring

Piety found herself lingering outside of Whitestone Monadnock's borders today. Heading south with no destination in mind. Most prey was scarce so if she could find scraps or something smaller to hunt she'd consider it a lucky day indeed.

She stumbled around through the snow here and there, reaching a small incline that she decided was worth going up. Her eyes saw nothing at first just snow that was preserved thanks to the cold temperature and patchy clouds. But then she noticed a circle of antlers? Well, that couldn't be right. The pale woman approached the circle with curiosity. It seemed her eyes hadn't failed her but she still found it strange. What or who had placed the antlers like this? Why? Where did they all come from? She huffed and laid down in front of a large pair. He teeth gently gnawed on one of the nubs.

The antlers certainly were real from her gnawing on them. If they weren't so big she might have considered dragging home a pair for anyone to claim. Perhaps the overly active children would enjoy a pair. Granted Kara usually teased her with a little song about her ear but she didn't mind. It wasn't a tender spot for the woman anymore. Perhaps the gift would cease the teasing for some time.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Sorry for the wait!!

Taking a unusual trip north, she let her limbs take her as her mind wandered. She was purely testing her confidence, making sure her subtle fear of the monstrous trio would come back to finish her off. Though Askan had made sure to thicken her skin and strength her fighting skills since the attack. So there shouldn't be any question if Adelayde still feared the northerners, because she shouldn't be. She was tougher than that. Stronger than that.

Not paying attention to where exactly her legs were taking her, when she reached a small incline she climbed it with ease until her mismatched eyes spotted another around a uniquely crafted ring. A ring of antlers? Eyes glancing from the ring and back towards the alabaster wolf standing on the other side of it, she wasn't sure what to focus on. Taking a tentative step forward, she continued her climb as she reminded herself that this was neutral lands and she didn't need to worry. At least yet.

Stopping a few lengths away, she glanced from the antler ring back up towards what now she knew was a female, a female Whitestone wolf as the breeze gave her away. Opting a neutral posture though her ebony nose crinkled with displeasure for brief moment before she adapted a soft smile. "Quite a peculiar sight."

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
She wasn't alone it seemed. A voice spoke out and the scarred face raised to see who it may be. Someone she wasn't familiar with. Piety simply kept a neutral stance. Her head nodded as she looked from the antler ring to the earthy wolf. "I agree. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. Have you?" A soft smile wormed its way onto her ebony lips.

"I'm Piety of Whitestone Monadnock, by the way, I don't think we've met before." Her tail set into a swaying motion as she rose to her paws. Her scent was one that the Santoro felt like she had crossed before somewhere but couldn't exactly remember when. She almost wished she had brought Wraith out with her. The male seemed good at knowing everything about anything. Perhaps had he been her he could enlighten her on where this scent belonged to.

Her eyes looked slightly past the strange female to see if anyone was following after. It seemed it would just be the two of them. For now at least. She didn't have an issue with that, though. It meant they could get to know each other a bit more personally without any distractions.
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

"No, not at all." She answered as her eyes lingered on the antlers. It seemed that they all seemed to drop dead in a perfect circle. However, she assumed someone had took the time to arrange them in a such a fashion. There was such a slim possibility that they could have all dropped dead at once like that. And if someone had arranged the mighty antlers like they had, why? Peculiar certainly.

The woman announced her name, her mismatched blue green eyes glancing to meet her light brown gaze. "No I don't believe we have. I'm Adelayde, second of Wild Rye Fields." She returned a smile, matching the politeness of the other and remaining neutral. She seemed nice enough, unlike the trio of Whitestone wolves she met out in the lowlands at the caribou carcass. She had the scars to prove they weren't as nice as this one seemed to be so far. "It's a pleasure to meet you." She added, grateful this Whitestone wolf has yet to prove the she was like her leader and his kin.

Her eyes drifted back to the antler circle, her curiosity like always swirling with interest. Why would someone take the time to do this? Where they just bored or did they have a certain mysterious agenda? Either way, the Snow woman was curious to find out, though she was sure she'd never really succeed in such a feat. "You think someone did this? I couldn't see them all dropping dead at once like that." She mused to Piety, curious at what she thought.

and there's beauty in everything
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
It was a relief to hear that the tawny female hadn't seen anything like this either. That fact made Piety feel a bit more normal and not so left out on the wonders in the tundra. Her eyes lingered on the ring with obvious interest. It seemed almost too perfect. She wondered how long it had taken someone or something to set this all up. Had they meant for it to happen? Where was whoever did it now? Piety had so many questions but she wasn't sure that she'd ever find answers. Perhaps Morganna or even Craw would know about this place and have answers.

Her ear flicked at the name of Wild Rye Fields. Piety knew they were supposed to play nice with these wolves. Granted the pale Santoro didn't think anything was going to go bad. Even before she had known where she was from they were getting along well. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Adelayde. Pretty name." She complimented with a genuine tone. It was no surprise that such a nice looking wolf would have such a stunning name.

Piety's brown eyes also drifted to look back at the antlers. It was nice to have someone to share an interest with. "I suppose so." She slowly walked around the antlers to get a better look. "I just wonder why someone would do this."
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

This female was peculiar and alluring all in the same. They seemed to be playing the same polite and nice game like they were supposed to, however it seemed she was just genuinely easy-going. Hard to believe she was a subordinate for Craw, though she had seen stranger things. The scars that marred her petite skull made her question how could such a polite wolf receive such treatment from another? Was Whitestone a place where you had to watch your back at all times, or did she get those markings before her joining. Before she tried to ask, Piety complimented her.

"Thank you, I could say the same to you. I've never heard a name quite like yours." She returned with a smile. Her mother never told her how she came up with her name and honestly Ade wasn't too concerned about it either. Piety's soft eyes returned to the antlers and her bicolored gaze followed. Questions riddled her brain about the stranger, but she mentioned the antlers directing Adelayde's thoughts back to them.

"Perhaps, they marked it so they could remember this place? Maybe something important happened here." Trailing off, she glanced over to her new acquaintance to see what she thought of her suggestion. Certainly that could have happened a while ago.  

and there's beauty in everything