566 Users Online
Hazelnut, Bing, Google

She seems green — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
 @Adelayde near the gateway

If Askan had to say one thing was out of place, it would be that he hadn't seen Adelayde in a while. He knew that she was about, after the  trails of her scent told him so but as to why she was hiding remained a mystery. Perhaps saying that she was hiding was too strong, too dramatic, but at the same time she hadn't sought him out for her training sessions either. She'd been suspiciously absent from his life for the past few weeks and he couldn't help but wonder why.

Not for a second did he suspect that he'd done something wrong,but surely something had to be amiss. She was no longer in heat, nor were the other Rye ladies, so it wasn't that. And from what he can remember they hadn't parted on sour terms. She just... It seemed as though-whether on purpose or not, he didn't know- she'd put distance between the two of them.

And being the nosy sod he was, Askan had to know why, he would get to the bottom of this by the time the day was done. Or at the very least he would have a suspicion as to what this change was.

Trotting along the creek side, Askan headed north-east towards the gateway with his nose to the ground. From the smell of it, she had to be nearby, loitering, or doing whatever she did to pass the time when she wasn't tending to her pack duties. He wasn't going to ask, it didn't matter really. Not in the grand scheme of things.He wasn't in the mood to spend ages looking for her, he had better uses for his time, but fortunately once he drew closer to the valley of the gateway her large, familiar form came into sight.

"Oi." Askan beckoned, then stepped through the creek to meet her on the other side. "So this is where you've been hiding? I swear you're worse than Icicle these days." Now that was an exaggeration if he'd ever said one. No one was worse than him.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

With her little excursion out of the territory, it seemed to greatly improve the rut she had suddenly fallen into following the instance heat of March. Meeting a few wolves along the way, she felt that she was finally back to normal with their help along with the chance to get away and find herself again. Though getting back to her usual routine seemed to be the hardest part now that she was back in the Rye fields. 

As she crouched down near the bank of the creek close to the Gateway, she looked out at her reflection across the choppy surface. She had felt guilty before at the way she isolated herself from everyone, but she felt all she needed was solace from even those most close to her like Askan. The guardian in training opted out of her usual training sessions and instead practiced lightly on her own with the guidance of his past teachings. Thinking then she perhaps she should seek him out and see if he wanted to practice with her once again. 

Speak of the devil. It seemed her thoughts summoned her equal as he announced his arrival with a usual, "Oi." Crossing the creek, the tawny woman rose to her haunches to glance his way as he drew closer. Rolling her eyes at his light jab, she shook her head at his words. "Man, I must have a problem then." She chuckled lightly as she watched him settled next to her. Letting a pause fall over them, she looked out past the creek into the Rye fields. 

"I just felt like in a rut or something, but--" pausing again as she watched a bird soar passed them from a distance, "--but I'm better now."

and there's beauty in everything
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan snorted at her response. He was glad that she was used to his ways at this point, but that being said she had always been rather forgiving. Even when they'd first met, rather than take offence she just took it in her stride. Like water off a ducks back. It was refreshing really, Askan never liked the fact that people often disliked him at first sight. Considering how long they had known each other, it wouldn't be unfair to say that they were friends-of a sort-but you'd be hard pressed to get the Guardian to admit that aloud. Adelayde was okay, and that was all that counted in his eyes. She was a good wolf to have around.

And for as much as she usually liked to talk, she wasn't all that annoying. The words she uttered now were of interested to Askan, so much so that he tilted his head as he listened. A rut? What was that supposed to mean? Was that why she had gone AWOL? Did he not understand because it was a... woman thing? If that was the case then he wasn't sure whether he actually wanted to ask or not. Somethings were better left alone. It was her personal business, did he really want to get into that sort of mess? Frowning, Askan paced a little in thought as Ade watched the sky.

"Good. Cause if you weren't I'd kick your ass into gear again. What got you into the rut in the first place?" The way Askan saw it, it had come up out of the blue. Nothing had really changed or incited it.

So for all he knew it could happen again, and with her being his equal she was supposed to have his back, to share the load. She couldn't do that if she was off brooding, now could she?

"It's not a woman thing is it? Like a regular thing? Cause...That's something I don't want to have to deal with."

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]