665 Users Online
Bing, Google, Sophrosnia, Aven, Jadon

Discomfort — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 192 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
All welcome ♥
Aleksei had never felt more uncomfortable in his own home. Not even when he had struggled beneath the burden of being the first born heir.

He spent most of his time by Kisla's birthing den. Since the arrival of the litter, Aleksei had felt a constant need to protect and defend his mother and his siblings, but he'd also felt a growing discomfort in his heart, a nagging loathing for everyone else. More unsettling was the fact that he was content to wallow in the festering feelings. He was tired of beating himself black and blue. It was so mentally taxing to blame everyone else's fuck ups on himself.

God, why had he tried to shield Inna from her mother's anger when she had been stupid enough to get knocked up in the first place? Why had he not chased Lorcan from the territory the moment he caught the scent of him? Why did he habour so much guilt over the death of his father, something no wolf of the river could have ever predicted? None of this was Aleksei's fault, so why did he once feel as though it were?

He had laid still for hours, listening to the sounds of his newest siblings mewling and suckling. It had given him time to think and stew. Given him the moment of idle peace he needed to really think things over. On the day he had returned to Hearthwood River, the eldest brother had promised Inna he would not leave again—hell, he had practically sworn an oath … but oaths and laws and promises clearly meant little his black furred sibling. What loyalty did she deserve after abusing the family so carelessly?

Aleksei scoffed and rose to his feet, shaking out his pelt, dislodging dust and—ah. A gentle drizzle was passing through Kingsfall. Perhaps he could take this moment to clear his thoughts, cool his building temper (best not to thrash and grumble to himself with newborns so close by). He didn't mind the rain, and in fact welcomed it. Perhaps it would wash away the grime he felt on his skin.

With a slow walk, he left mother and children to their own peace, tucked away within the earth, warm and full and loved. He thought briefly about how easy it would be to simply keep walking, to the borders and beyond, without a word to anyone. No one spoke to him about pack happenings, so why did they demand he do the same? No, why did they expect? It left a bitter taste in his mouth to consider, and his brows furrowed. He discarded the idea quickly. If he were to leave again, he would say so. He would tell them. He would tell them the truths they certainly would not want to hear.
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Aytigin had intended on dropping by to check on Kisla's birthing den and make sure everything was in order. He'd been feeling so restless after all of the brand-new pups had been born, and so he'd channeled his energy into moving around the territory, checking to see that there was nothing out of the ordinary near the borders or the birthing dens. He couldn't help but feel a bit protective - a lot protective - of any puppies and their mothers. It was just like second-nature to the dark man. After spending so long with his own mother - horrible though she might have been - and then so long with the gypsies, he had natural tug toward mothers and puppies. A respect had been built within him so deeply that it might have just been considered a part of who he was.

So he padded up next to the clearing surrounding Kisla's den. Not too close, lest that one grumpy wolf fuss at him. But close enough to hear the puppies suckling and whimpering, and close enough to put a smile on his face and a wag in his tail. He couldn't believe how fortunate this pack was, to have three mothers and - so far - four healthy puppies to look out for. It was simply wonderful; Hearthwood river was just swathed in blessings.

But then there was another smell, through the drizzle surrounding the territory. That one man who was always sitting watch outside Kisla's den was nearby. And, though Aytigin wasn't really keen on getting his nose bitten off for being too close to the puppies, he thought that, perhaps, he could meet this temperamental packmate of his. So, brazenly, the espresso-colored wolf padded off after the scent at a trot, aiming to catch up with the other wolf.

It didn't take too long for him to find the tawny boy, and when he spotted him, he set his tail to wagging and loped up so that he could be closer when he introduced himself. "Hey, there!" he called easily, a bit breathy from his jog. "M'name's Aytigin. Ayti. I'm new here, but I've seen you around a couple times." Mostly snapping and snarling next to the alpha's birthing den, but who was counting? "Just figured it'd be nice to meet all of my packmates. What might your name be?" He smiled, hazel eyes seeking out the chartreuse of the other massive wolf's.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Mimi who has 192 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
Bleh, this is short! Sorry ;;.

He hadn’t expected company, hadn’t wanted company, so the fact it came left him feeling a little exasperated. It felt even worse when said wolf came trotting in, happy as a pig in mud. Aytigin was his name, and Aleksei wished he’d take himself and his name and piss off to bother someone in a mood more in tune with his own. Instead, the Baranski just heaved a sigh and gave his name in response. He may be disillusioned with everything, but he still had manners. “Aleksei.”

As Aytigin sought eye contact, the Baranski merely stared at him, expression dead of anything. Well, this was weird. He hoped the male would get the message and excuse himself, but no. No, they just stood there, and stared. “Is there something you actually need, or … ?” Not that Aleksei was busy. No, he was brooding in his personal brain storm, whizzing around and around inside his head and trying to get it to stop. “Because I was going to take a walk and find some food.” He was hungry, now that he thought about it, Lucky for him, knew of a cache not too far from here with dark meat stored within. He knew, because he had been the one who stashed it there, hoping no one else would find it, hidden in one of his favourite territory haunts.

Aleksei had grown tired of nothing but small game, so the idea of venison was now starting to make his mouth wet in apprehension.
(This post was last modified: May 29, 2017, 05:09 PM by Aleksei.)
Let the roots & soil drink of me
Whispering leaves & pointing branches will tell them where I'm lying
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Don't worry about it <3

Well, this man was positively a ray of freaking sunshine today. Not that Aytigin had ever actually seen him smile, in the few brief times he'd actually laid eyes upon the younger man. The dark wolf had never really understood the brooding, stay away from me when I'm in a bad mood or I will bite your nose off type, but if he had to hazard a guess, this boy was one of those. Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing, because everyone was different. It just made things a bit more difficult.

"Uh, no, nothing I need. Just... I've seen ya around and I thought it might be nice to meet you," he reasoned, wagging his tail slowly behind him. The paler wolf then mentioned something about getting food, and Ayti was reminded of his own empty stomach. "Let's go together," he offered, a smile spread across his lips. "Everything's better with a companion around, and I'm craving something fresh anyway. Whaddaya say we go catch somethin'?"

He hoped the idea of fresh, warm meat would be enticing enough for the other wolf to cave and perhaps give him an outlet to get to know the second-in-command a bit better. Something told him to play it safe around this one - do not flirt with Aleksei. Not that he was really the mocha-colored wolf's type, anyway. Aytigin liked happier, more upbeat wolves that he felt comfortable around - not the stiff, angry wolves whose noses scrunched up like they were always smelling something gross.