(See All?) Announcements
538 Users Online
Google, Bing

Happiness, I'm sorry you've been on hold — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Aideen Your Gift is: You've found a crop of apples, but they're floating in a nearby pond! Can you bob them all out?

She had been a fool! She had been selfish and thoughtless, storming off like a petulant child, and look what had happened. How could she have thought that Miccah could handle everything on his own? When they’d been struggling so much as it was. In her rage she’d just dumped it all on him, thinking that he could use the lesson. And what had she returned to? A pack even smaller than the one she’d left, her son disappeared; And Miccah..! Her poor husband! She’d been close to breaking from the pressure as it was, now thanks to her carelessness, he had suffered instead.

Things could hardly be worse, now she was struggling to handle everything, which even less help. The pack needed to be maintained, Miccah needed care, and in between, she desperately searched for Bero. She couldn’t cover much ground, unable to stray far from the Woodlands, but she would do all in her power; I will not lose you too! She would use any spare moment she could scrape up, forgoing sleep for as many nights as necessary until she found her son; Wherever he’s gone… She refused to even consider the possibility that he’d been hurt, that he would never return, there was room for no more loss in her life.

This evening she’d strayed as far as the  Cherry Orchard, senses on high alert as she searched for any sign of the lost boy. But she was coming up short, yet again. Head hanging low and heart heavy in her chest, she was about to turn back, when she caught sight of the large tree up ahead; The Arbol Rosado, naked now in the cold of fall, but still easily recognizable above the smaller trees. With a fresh stab of pain in her chest she closed her eyes and turned away. The memory stood clear in her mind, finding Rayne beneath the spring-budding branches, his dead body dusted in snow.

Aideen shook her head to try and clear the image, and promptly bumped into a trunk. Blinking her eyes back open, she looked up at the tree in confusion, tilting her head slightly. It wasn’t a cherry tree, oddly enough, instead small apples hung from the bare branches, the last of the season, surely. Suddenly she felt a tight knot of hunger in her belly; When did I last eat? It must have been days. Tiny and shrunken as they were, the apples looked immensely appetizing. But they were too high to reach, and her gaze turned down with a sigh; Perhaps I knocked some down..? She scoured the ground, below the tree, sloping vaguely down towards a small pond, and there, floating in the water were several, glistening fruits, just out of reach.

Word Count: 459

Thoughts "Speech"
(This post was last modified: Oct 31, 2017, 10:25 PM by Aideen.)