487 Users Online
Google, Bing

it's only the shadow of the cross — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
For @Namid <3

It was time to fulfill his promise to visiting Fallen Tree Cove. Kerberos knew that Maera would be taken good care of in his quick absence. The trip was about four days total and he knew he'd move fast with the thought of both seeing Namid but returning to Maera.

The dark tawny Rigel had picked up a branch of White Fir on his way to the mountain. It wasn't a lot but he didn't have the time to gather a proper bundle and bring it up the mountain to the Cove. He figured one stick would be good until he could make another trip. Kerberos just hoped that the lead female wouldn't be disappointed with it. Kerberos had tried to find the biggest one he could for her.

He made his way up the mountain with sore paws. Kerb knew he couldn't waste a minute, though and kept pushing on. He followed the instructions Namid had given him on how to find Fallen Tree Cove. He was positive that he had stumbled upon the place. Mostly because it was the first set of borders he had run into up here. Not to mention he wasn't sure that they would have many neighbors up here. Kerberos set down his white fir branch and lifted his head to call for Namid. Once his call ended he stood and waited patiently in a rather neutral position.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
-Cowers because I am a horrible person-

I have loved the stars too fondly

Lunette was missing. She had been missing since the beginning of the month but time didn’t lessen the blow any more. It was certainly not something that the lake queen wasn’t familiar with but it still stung all the same. She wished that she could have her family whole, with Lunette and Ismena together and even her long lost boy Aleister. The mother wondered how her boy was doing, if he was okay, where he was. Just the knowledge would be enough to know and put an ease to her soul, the same being said with her girls. The situation only furthered her idea that it was the best idea that they not breed this year.

She’d been digging through a few caches when a call rose into the air, the voice familiar and causing a smile to curl onto her lips. Turning she broke into a trot toward the borders, eager to see her friend. A chuff was given in greeting to the ashy tawny male, her tail swaying leisurely. “I was beginning to wonder when you were going to show up,” she chuckled, meeting him and offering a friendly bump to his cheek. Her mismatched gaze crinkled at the edges at she looked at the gift he’d brought; a white fir branch. There never seemed to be enough around and it was thoughtful of him to bring some.

To be fearful of the night
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

His call was answered quickly and he couldn't stop the large grin taking over his face as the female came into view. Kerberos returned her greeting with a lick to her chin out of respect. A small laugh of his own filled the air. "I apologize to have kept you waiting, Namid. Hope the gift makes up for some of that." He lowered his head to roll the branch towards her with his nose. The tawny second hadn't forgotten that she wanted some more White Fir. He had wished he had brought more but it wouldn't have been an easy trip had he carried more than this one large branch.

"It wasn't an easy trip but the scenery and destination certainly made it worth it." His tail swayed behind him as he looked at the area around them. This was a rather nice place to set up home and he was positive it was even nicer once everything thawed. "I do hope all has been well with you and the Cove? Sorry to not have my alphas with me but the season has kept them a bit busy. I do believe once the land gets warm that a more formal trip will be due." He mentioned kindly hoping she would understand. Perhaps he'd only manage to bring Triell (if Naira was going to have more children) but one was better than none.

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

She moved forward to grab the stick, tail wagging behind her frame happily. She set it down at her side to allow herself to speak clearly. “The stick was a wonderful offering. Up here we get plenty of cracked paw pads and cuts, so we could never say no to this and its abundance in the winter when other plants are dead. Thank you,” she said, giving an appreciative dip of her head.

Pride shone in her mismatched gaze as he mentioned how beautiful her home was, pelt fluffing up. She was, of course, well aware of the beauties her paradise showed and was always pleased to hear others appreciating it as well. “Follow me, I’d love to show you more,” she said, bending to pick up the stick in her jaws before heading further into the territory. Her auds swiveled to catch his words and she nodded in understanding. The weather certainly was bipolar these days, though she was glad for the cool weather staunching some of her heat. Any other time she would have been rid of it by now but with her and her husband’s decision to not try for pups this year she was finding it increasingly annoying to have the heat flood her bones. She wished for it to be gone, but she knew she’d just have to wait it out.

They had to walk a few more moments in silent, the branch preventing her from speaking. But once they’d reached the medical den and she was able to go inside to store it she came back out fully prepared for a response. “Do not worry, I understand with the weather being the way it is. I am surprised you even made the trek up with it, truly admirable,” she said with a flicker of her tail. “I wish things were better, if I were telling the truth. I have 5 pups, though only 2 are currently with me. Aleister left shortly into his first year and has been gone for a long while, Ismena from my second litter decided that she wanted to go and see more of the world. At least I know she left with my permission and understanding. Now my youngest is missing and I do not know where she has gone,” she said with a sigh, her lips dipping down into a frown. She couldn’t let it slip yet that her and her husband weren’t planning to have pups this year to even Kerberos, as nice as he seemed, but these events were the biggest reasons why they had decided. The heartbreak was too much and they needed time to recover.

“I worry for her as she is a very meek girl who does not know much of the world. Truthfully she is practically afraid of her own shadow. If you happen to see a young girl who looks much like me with brown eyes and a timid personality I would like to ask that you send word at least,” she said, turning her attention to the man with drawn brows.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Sorry for the wait D: @Namid

Her scent was noticeable but he didn't say anything. Perhaps had he been like his long gone father or even lacking love he would have been mad to help. Yet Kerberos knew he had the most lovely girl of them all waiting at home for him. She was carrying their first child/children. The young second wasn't sure he would have wanted to start a family with anyone else in the world.

"Of course." He smiled softly and followed alongside her. The Rigel could certainly see why she had spoken so fondly of this place. Its beauty was almost unbearable. Part of him felt like he shouldn't be here walking by the Cove leader. Still, he moved next to her with ease as his yellow eyes took everything in. It was so much different from the place he called home. To each their own, though.

His tail wagged happily at first but gently slowed down as she proceeded to inform him. Missing children. Many of them. Even though he wasn't a father, yet, he could feel his own heartbreak. He couldn't imagine losing Reiko or Treyah nor his own future children. "I'm terribly sorry, I'll keep my eyes peeled." He spoke kindly as Namid gave him a description. Suddenly his gut did flips. He knew that child. Lunette. Reiko's friend that had been hanging about the Draw like a ghost. All this time Kerberos thought nothing of it and now it came back to bite him.

"I think one of the Draw's children have seen her and made friends with her. Lunette?" He whispered softly as if the wayward child's name might break the mountain in half. "If that is her then she is well and safe. I can see to it that she makes it home. I had no idea she was from the Cove, my deepest apologies Namid." He felt awful. This was all one big jumble and Kerberos would certainly be having a talk with Reiko when he got home.

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

"I'm terribly sorry, I'll keep my eyes peeled," he said and she gave a nod and a small smile in gratitude. It was all she could hope to have more pairs of eyes looking out for her daughter. She had prepared herself for the child to turn out like her siblings, to leave and not return. That seemed to be the reoccurring theme in her life.

Her head whipped to the side, mismatched gaze widening as he mentioned one of his pack pups seeing her. They widened to the size of saucers as he mentioned that she was even within his borders, safe and sound! For a moment she grew dizzy and forced herself to sit down, a heaviness that had been weighing down her chest lifting. Tears formed in her gaze as she let out a shaky breath. ” Please...there is no need for apologies. In fact, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping my little girl safe. You do not...you do not know how thankful I am. I do not know how I will ever be able to repay you,” she said wetly, dipping her head low to the man. “If you need anything, ever, the Cove is in the Draw’s debt. But...would you be able to keep her for a little while longer?” she asked. The queen knew it was a lot to ask for but she felt it might be good for Lunette to stay with them for a little longer. To get off the mountain so she could become her own wolf. Here it was like she was always being stifled, like she couldn’t breath. Some fresh air would do her good.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
@Namid sorry for taking forever!

Perhaps he had been expecting to be met with teeth of ever be chased from her home so her reaction caught him off guard. Was she thanking them? Hadn't she just wanted her daughter back? It made him feel a small bit awkward but he simply nodded. "A little longer shouldn't hurt." Of course, he would have to alert the others. That this child had a home and she would need to go back to it. Kerberos wondered how Naira and Triell would feel. He stuffed the feelings down for now. Certainly, they could chatter about other things of lighter nature.

Carefully the tawny male moved forward to offer the Cove leader a friendly nudge. "How about something lighter?" He hummed softly and raised a brow. "You know, this place is already more beautiful than what you described. I'd love to see more." His tail swayed behind him as a soft smile seem to worm itself onto his face. He didn't think he could ever live up here but the view certainly was worth it. Even the wolves who he thought would be rugged and tough seemed rather nice and mellow. Granted he had only really met Namid but mentioning she was the leader he figured she would set some sort of standard.
(This post was last modified: Jun 30, 2017, 09:10 PM by Kerberos.)
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
One more post from each? I can fade out in my next post c:

"A little longer shouldn't hurt." he commented and a bit of shameful relief surged through her. She was sure it seemed like a strange request, especially after how much she had pleaded for him to keep an eye out for her, but in her heart she felt like it was the right decision. Of course the queen herself would find a way and a day to hunt and return some kills to the borders of their allies to make up for the food her child was eating from their caches. But until then she would have to ask the Ancestors to watch over the pack and Lunette and bring them good will.

"You know, this place is already more beautiful than what you described. I'd love to see more." the man commented and she brightened, trying to expel the tense atmosphere she had created guiltily. “Of course, follow me. Are you hungry from your journey? Hiking up the mountain certainly can work up quite an appetite. I am more than willing to guide you to a cache before we start making further rounds?” she said, tail swinging merrily at her hocks. Yes perhaps Namid could be seen as too open, but she was also a good judge of character. She sensed no ill will from Kerberos and if she proved to be wrong he would rue the decision to encroach upon them.