(See All?) Announcements
732 Users Online
Google, Bing

But now it's too late — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 105 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Dread Flint
As the dove into the den to escape the rain, a small chuckle escaped him as she laughed at his words, a slight feeling of tension he hadn't even been aware of before lifting from the air around them.

Even though they had been quick in entering the den and only a little amount of water had hit him, Dread have a quick shake. Being cold he could deal with, as long as he wasn't also wet.

"Perhaps she's still wandering the mountain?" It was an undesirable thought, particularly in this weather but it was still a possibility in his mind nonetheless. "I mean, if she lived around here but she doesn't want to be found, I'd imagine she could have a few hiding spots."

As soon as the words left his mouth, it struck him that perhaps speaking about her mother like that - like she was someone who didn't want to be found, especially when it was clear Treyah truly wished to find her - probably wasn't the best course of action, no matter his actual intentions of trying to make her feel better. Because if she was simply in hiding, they might still find her right?

But perhaps he should.shut himself up before he blurted something else stupid out. It wasn't like there was anywhere to go or to do now, as they waited the rain out.

Noticing her shiver, he raised his eyebrow at her. "I'm not so bad company that you want out already?" Using a light joking tone, he pretended as if he were pouting. "I'm hurt if that were the case my dear."
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Stay along the beaten path
Treyah Tainn

It wouldn't surprise the yearling if her mother didn't wish to be found. She caught a sigh as it half escaped her chest, "Wouldn't surprise me, sometimes she doesn't even know who I am and things were... volatile at times. She might have herself convinced she's still at war with the pack that used to live here." It wasn't that her mother wasn't capable of looking after herself by any stretch of the imagination, but she just wished she could know for sure that she was alright. Just like Reiko, it was the what if that was killing her.

Treyah managed a rueful smile and a shake of her head, "Not at all!" her response was louder than she had intended, and she adjusted her voice acordingly. "Just cold, been walking for two days in this rain." Really it was a silly time to be travelling at all but the black trees had become oppressive. Sometimes when it got wet, the wood started to smell smokey like it hadn't been more than half a decade since they were ignited. It made her skin itch. It made her want to run. "Do uh..." she could feel her skin growing warm despite the chill of her damp fur "Do you mind if I get a bit closer?" She'd understand if he said no, after all, they'd just met moments ago, but another shiver overtook her body and she sneezed. Silly, silly girl.

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by Silvia who has 105 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Dread Flint
"well, no offense but that was a bit stupid. Can't find your mum if you're holed up sick." It was stupid, to climb a mountain in this sort of weather for two days.

But he supposed if his mother went missing like Treyah's did, he'd try and find her regardless of what the weather was doing. And from what Treyah was saying about her mother, between not recognising her and thinking she was still in a violent past, it was understanding that she was so worried for her mother.

Yet he wasn't surprised when she shivered again before sneezing loudly. Rolling his eyes, he shook his head and stretched out onto his side, pushing pushing his long limbs out comfortably as he gestured for her to lay beside him.

"No, I don't mind. Besides, it'll keep us both warm in this weather."

And as she tentively curled up next to him, the two waited for the storm to end before they headed back to her home.

~fade~
(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2017, 06:11 AM by Dread.)