489 Users Online
Bing, Google

Break Bones — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
For @Aleksei Backdated to before the pups were playable roughly. <3

After a few days of relaxing after the birth of her three beautiful newborns Jessie was bored and ready to do something other than lay around and allow her two sons and daughter to take whatever nourishment they wanted for her. Though it did provide a certain amount of relieve from her aching underside, it did nothing to quell the ache of her muscles wanting to move. As days stretched into weeks and her children grew, Jessie became more confident in leaving the birthing den during their naps. She would not stray far. Only enough so that she could stretch her legs a bit before looping back around to check on her children.

Ever since Percy left, the Tainn was reluctant to see her children disappear. She would not be leaving again for another scouting mission; she would send someone else. Jessie would not leave them. As she returned from her stretch, the petite woman stuck her head into the den, emerald eyes sweeping the three figures curled tight against one another. They will surely outgrow me! After all, Jessie was the runt of her family and she hoped that her small size did not get passed down onto her children. Besides, a wonderful scout could still be in the making with a medium physique. Drestig had done it.

Content that her pups were safe within the den and would perhaps nap a tad bit longer, Jessie happily stretched down to enjoy the rays of the sun. She did not want to expose the pups to the open rays so early into their lives, with the fear of damaging their vision. It was only right that she would get to enjoy this time while she had a moment of peace.

Played by Mimi who has 192 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
Aleksei was content to lounge in the sun these days. He was separated from the main source of his anxiety, and he could find calm in enjoying the sun on his fur, warming him through until he felt it in the depths of his soul. Of course he still woke in the night, choked by the weight of the world and struggling to swallow air into his lungs—depression would not be so easily shaken off. It was a stubborn blackness that shrunk back, left Aleksei vulnerable and hopeful that maybe today would be the day that he would be at ease with it all. And then it rolled forward unexpectedly, a tidal wave of inky blue water that battered him senseless.

He sighed as he rolled from his side to his stomach, hoisting himself up to shake the debris of the fields from his pelt. Despite his want to bask in the sun, he still had duties to do (even if they were self imposed). He reckoned he should take a quick walk to check on the lead female, see if she needed anything. Aleksei hadn’t formally met her yet, but they were pack mates—she was his leader. He had no worries.

With a casual trot, Alek made his way towards her den site. It didn’t take too long, and he slowed as @Jessie came into view, enjoying her moment out of the den. With an amicable wag of his bushy tail, the agouti male gave a soft woof in greeting. “Ma’am,” he lowered his head, “sorry for disturbing you, but I was wondering if there was anything you needed?” As much as he loved to relax, he needed to keep busy, too. He didn’t want to come across lazy.
Let the roots & soil drink of me
Whispering leaves & pointing branches will tell them where I'm lying
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Drestig had informed her of the arrival of Aleksei. At first, she had not been overtly pleased with his decision, especially given the circumstances but after she had been given time to herself to sort through her feelings, she found that ultimately she was glad that the man had come to them. In the end, Aleksei was still family, Kisla’s son. The Rye Queen was not expecting a visit from the young man, or anyone really, so at the sound of approaching footsteps and a friendly woof, emerald eyes snapped open.

At his greeting, her features twisting into a frown but she mentally shook her head, forcing herself up so that she was in a sitting position. He was large, much larger than her but Jessie was immediately drawn to his off-putting green eyes, a few shades paler than his mother’s. His offer was a kind and one she had encountered an endless amount of times since the arrival of her children. The mother only hoped that the pack was not worrying to much over her state of health, she was being perfectly well taken care of.

A half-smile curved onto her lips, her words gentle as to not disturb her children, “You can start by calling me Jessie. And you’re not bothering me. I enjoy the company.” Unless it was someone who was nervous around her, which seemed to be a majority of her pack mates. She was not a heartless creature.

The mother inspected the boy, emerald orbs tracing his face and muscular build, another frown tugging on her lips. The young man had left his family and Jessie rather doubted it had been easy for him. It had been hard for her to leave Oak Tree Bend and she had not grown up with those around her. Eyes traced back to the boy’s face. “I don’t need anything. Is there anything I can do for you?” Her head tilted slightly to peer up at him, jade eyes curious.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity