393 Users Online
Bing, Google

Nobody Said It Was Easy — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
For @Oisin <3

She’d decided to stay in the Hollow for the time being. Her friend needed her, and she needed time away from the Woodlands. Putting up some distance to her own problems and working as a medic again might just be exactly what she required. But of course, there was only so much she could do; Grief was a tough malady to tangle with, and the silver man had been hit so very hard. He was her friend, and she hoped she could help his healing process, but must of it would hitch on what remained of his family, the pack that surrounded him every day; I just hope they’re up to the task..! But who was she to judge? She didn’t know these wolves that well, that didn’t make them bad though, just strangers, which made it hard for her to place her trust in them.

Perhaps she could amend that now. Hovering over the man constantly wouldn’t serve any of them any good, and as long as she was staying with the pack, she wanted to support them too. She could hunt as well as any adept wolf, but she thought the best way to help was doing what she knew best; And with their main medic such out of commission, there might be use for her abilities with others of the pack. So she sought out the infirmary, following the familiar scents of herbs and those working with them. She wasn’t sure what she would find exactly, with the same burdens as herself, the Grizzly Hollow leader might very well have let his medic duties slide, especially lately; Unless he was wiser than me… And had found himself an apprentice among the pack, to take on the responsibility.

Word Count: 290

Thoughts "Speech"
Played by Becca who has 53 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Oisin

Oisin was almost always in or near the infirmary den. She made sure everything stayed fresh and organized even if things weren't being used. Today she was grabbing new things. Lavender Hyssop was the first plant on her list. The small healer in training was going to grab enough to put in the den along with giving a few nice stocks of it to @Rook. Although she wasn't very close to the masked male she appreciated him and noticed his interest in plants.

Next up was the bark of the Redcedar trees. This was one of the medical supplies that gave Oisin a bit more trouble but she managed. With a chunk of bark and a bundle of Lavender between her jaws, the small female took off back towards the infirmary. Her tail lazily swayed behind her as for the first time in a while she felt rather content with her work.

Dirty yellow eyes spotted someone near the infirmary. They were only slightly bigger than her and their hues were more vibrant than her own. As she got closer the healer-in-training set down her supplies. "Hello there." Oisin easily called out from a few feet away. "Are you alright?" That was the most logical thing she could ask right now. The Hollow wolf wasn't used to having visitors at the infirmary besides Veho. Usually, she was out checking on the others but with their numbers low she started to not even do that.

[Image: oisin_sig_by_becuffin-db825sv.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

She expected to find the infirmary in some state of disarray. But instead, what she saw when she arrived was a neatly kept store with herbs in different stages of drying, and a clean, roomy area for treating patients. An old, familiar calm settled over the tri-colored woman, followed by a pleasant buzz down her back as she breathed in the smells of the many medicines, almost untainted by hints of all the illness that had no doubt passed through the space; This is impressive..! A voice behind her startled the Woodland medic, her body jerking a little as she quickly turned from the den opening to face the newcomer. She’d gotten so engrossed in the nostalgia of a restocked infirmary, she hadn’t even notice the other’s approach. Now she studied the young wolf, a friendly, and perhaps a bit sheepish, smile slipping onto her features.

She was small, tiny you might even say, smaller than Aideen herself which was a rare experience for the Woodlander. Though her frame was a little more stocky, a bit like Flair’s, but still with a more limber than brawny look. Her coat was like the daughter’s too, a mixture of dark russets and browns, with a lighter underside, and she couldn’t be much older either, not far past her yearling stage. Aideen wagged her tail at the question, keeping it low and her shoulders relaxed – an unusual feeling for the woman who had gotten so used to her leader role; But here I’m just a guest, without rank… There was something freeing in that thought. “Yes, I’m quite fine, thank you,” she answered pleasantly, bowing her head to the other; “I was just looking to see if there was something I could help with.”

Copper eyes fell on the little bundle the girl had dropped to talk to her, and her smile widened; “You must be Merlin’s apprentice!” There was a light in those eyes when they returned to the younger wolf, tail waving faster; “Good that he’s found someone to help him. I’m Aideen Smoke…” She almost added ‘Athesila’, but bit it back, she wasn’t sure about that part any more. Quickly pressing past the hiccup, she continued: “Of Secret Woodlands. A fellow medic and friend, visiting for a few days.” She continued to smile, perking her ears excitedly at the tawny lass; She was eager to discuss her craft with a colleague again.

Word Count: 402

Thoughts "Speech"
Played by Becca who has 53 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Oisin
It was a nice surprise that the strange female was alright. The surprises only continued at the offer of help. Was this a new member of the Hollow? Another medic to help out around the infirmary? Oisin would certainly appreciate it but she wasn't sure if it was necessarily needed. Of course, before she could voice such thoughts the chipper female seemed to have more to say.

Oisin's own tail began to whip behind her. Merlin was not a name she found herself using but she certainly knew who it was. "I am." Her head gave a few quick nods as a smile tugged on her scarred face. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Aideen." The young female picked up her supplies and moved closer to drop them in front of the den. "Any friend of his is a friend of mine. I also am excited to meet another medic." Her teeth were put on display in a childish grin. Oisin bet Papa would have been amazed to see so many medics in one forest.

"Wasn't expecting company but I'm glad I kept the infirmary tidy now." She chuckled lightheartedly. Having someone around - someone who seemed lively and helpful - would be good for the young girl who felt the weight of everyone's sorrows beginning to tug on her.
[Image: oisin_sig_by_becuffin-db825sv.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity