(See All?) Announcements
395 Users Online
Bing, Google

time chasers — Aurora Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Abaddon

The large woman had not been doing too much. She kept to herself and did her part in the pack. Marked borders, helped fill caches, the usual things that pack wolves did to help one another. Granted Abaddon did it more to protect and help herself than she did the others. Her own survival usually came first to her. Despite having been with these wolves for a month already she hardly knew them. She would barely consider them to be her family and friends. They were practically living company to her. All small cogs in the machine of her life.

Today was no different. She had started her morning off with a brisk stroll around the northern borders of the Heights before she toed outside of the territory in search of some kind of food to bring back. Up here there wasn't too much to go for it seemed. Perhaps she just wasn't well versed enough in these mountains to know what was worthwhile and what wasn't. Abaddon had experience in mountains but these mountains were not the same as the ones back in Hollow Highlands.

It was early afternoon by the time she found herself meandering back into Aurora Height's land. She would take her time getting from the borders to the pack den. There was no real rush after all.
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Perhaps Abbadon did not mind a general lack of knowing the other wolves in Aurora Heights, but after the loss of Heigen and Ember both, the female leader was feeling particularly less so. After accepting the large black female into the ranks, she’d hardly seen hide nor hair of her, despite the fact that she had become Kyna’s second by default. It was one thing when it was Ember or Iyes – they were her friends – but she hardly knew this wolf at all. And that’s not how she wanted Aurora Heights to operate.

Pausing only long enough to stretch out her forelimbs and wiggle her toes, the large redhead set out on the path to the borders, intent on finding Abbadon this morning. Her daughter was still curled up in the den, and she’d likely raid a cache if Greer or Auntie Iyes wasn’t around to feed her in the morning – and that was fine. But it seemed that the other wolf had perhaps set in a different direction, or the scent wasn’t quite fresh, because it was early afternoon by the time she located the relative newcomer.

“Abbadon,” she called out, not looking to surprise the other wolf. “Would you mind patrolling with me today?”

Resources by freepik.com, table by Kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Abaddon
Maybe it was rude of her to feel this way but a rather sick taste bubbled up her throat when another called her name. So far she had been able to skim by on little interaction and while these wolves weren't awful people she had no interest in connections really. This was a stepping stone to somewhere better. Or so she hoped.

Nevertheless, she pulled on a small false smile as her head turned to see the fiery form of her female lead. A dark brow arching slightly at the female's question. "I wouldn't mind at all." She did really but what was she supposed to say?  "Buzz off, I'm not interested"? Didn't seem like the ideal way to be talking to her superior, even Abaddon knew that. "Where shall we start off?" Yellow eyes gazed at the area around them. Anywhere could work really but perhaps the strawberry blonde had somewhere particular in mind.

Really she should have seen this coming. She had been too secluded for her own good, surely someone was bound to approach her sooner or later. Did this mean the other alpha would be approaching her soon as well? The thought caused her jaw to clench but she did her best to hide it.
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Hmm.

Kyna pressed her ears forward, humming softly as the other female was quick to agree. She certainly wasn’t Iyes, but… Well, there was hope, at least. The redhead had no interest in replacing her missing friend, but she hoped for at least one friend here. An ally. Once, she thought it would be her faithful second, Ember, but the appearahce of her sister, and…

She was doing that thing. The young alpha shook her head. “The northern borders,” she decided, feeling drawn towards the place she was born. Leading the way, she allowed Abba to fall into line in silence, feeling no need to fill the space with empty chatter until they reached their destination. It was once she had put her nose to the ground, testing the strength of their borders that a thought popped into Kyna’s head. “What do you want, Abaddon? You’ve been very withdrawn, so I am assuming the social aspect of pack life is not for you. So I wonder, why stay?”

Resources by freepik.com, table by Kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Abaddon
Abaddon

She nodded her head and followed towards the northern borders. A place she had just been. For a fleeting moment a snide thought crossed her mind before it disappeared. Abaddon could - would - keep herself in check. This wasn't home and this wasn't a loner life she could not simply be willy nilly with what she decided to say.

The silence was welcomed with open arms. It was easiest for the ebony female. Chatter, small talk, whatever one might call it was not exactly her forte. She was no bubbly ray of sunshine. Her upbringing did not allow her to be such things.

What caught her off guard was the first sentence her alpha spoke. She would have scoffed and halted had the strawberry blonde not continued with her words. So she simply nodded her head. Kyna was right. The social formalities and pleasures that came from pack life were not exactly the dark female's cup of tea. "I can't keep myself away from mountains and they're certainly not safe to live on alone." Venom yellow eyes glanced to Kyna with curiosity, wondering how she might take in the words. At least she wasn't lying. Abaddon had been drawn to the great rugged landscape even if she had taken her time to ascend it.

"Speech."
you have every reason to be frightened
since you've been readin' my mind