520 Users Online
Google, Bing

What was Wrong Seems Right — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Tags for @Kerberos and @Maera, but any 1-3 CAD wolves are welcome

She was heading north now at least, but her nose wasn’t quite turned homeward yet. She still hadn’t simmered down completely, and felt that her better half could use a few more days , juggling the pack on his own. Meanwhile, she had a few places she would like to visit again, now that she was out here anyway, and she’d learned quite a bit of news in Willow Ridge; Like the fact that they had a new neighbor. Once again, it had been made clear just how isolated the Woodlands had become from their surroundings. So Aideen headed into the heart of the Wildwood, searching for the pack known as Charred Ash Draw, hoping to deliver a delayed, but no less heartfelt, welcome.

Like with the Ridge, though she hadn’t been to the place before, it was easy to tell she was on the right track. The forest that had stood so thick south of Sacred Grove thinned out greatly beyond the creek, bushes and young trees occupying land where a few charred remains still indicated what had happened to the old wood. These scarred trunks were what had given name to her new neighbors, she assumed, but the trained medic was much more interested in what had taken root since then, seizing the advantage of sunlight to rise from the ashes. As she continued on, she particularly noted the abundant, low trees with remnants of small, white flowers, along with ripening, raspberry-like fruits. She’d never seen their like before, and part of her itched to investigate further. But this was neither the time nor place for experimentation; Perhaps the Draw’s healer can tell me more about them… She hoped so, that would certainly be more efficient.

Finally she made it to the border, taking a brief moment to pause and look around, before she announced herself. As with the Ridge, she kept a respectable distance, politely requesting an audience with the pack in a short, smooth howl. Then she waited patiently, sitting herself down and curling her tail across her paws.

Word Count: 343

Thoughts "Speech"
(This post was last modified: Aug 24, 2017, 08:52 PM by Aideen.)
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He was checking in on the Tainn children when a call went up. The voice was not familiar by any means, nor was the Rigel expecting anyone to come to the Draw. He ushered the children back towards their den before he set off. His tail and head high up. Curiosity ate away at his thoughts but he'd be able to soothe those wonders soon enough.

Pale yellow eyes picked up the relaxed form of a small female - certainly not anyone he had come across before. A soft smile tugged on his features as he slowed his pace. "Good day. I'm Kerberos Rigel, the leader of Charred Ash Draw." He allowed a pause in order to give the female a moment to introduce herself. "What can I do for you?" His voice was kind and welcoming. There was no need to give a first-time visitor a hard time. Especially mentioning that Kerberos felt the Draw had become rather reclusive lately, with themselves and the world around them. He would need to do something about that soon...

Kerberos wondered if Maera would show up or if she might be busy with hunting or watching @Lacey. He would welcome her presence for one of her first more leader-y tasks.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Namara who has 184 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer

She was doing her best to keep things together, supervising the children with their training, particularly hunting since that was what she worried about most come the winter season. It was hunting with @Lacey when she first heard the call, a soft smile on her face as she glanced at her daughter, motioning her head to the girl, offering to let her come along. It’d be a good experience for her, yes? She started her way towards the source of the call. It was not long before she discovered that her mate had beaten her to it, joining into the conversation as if she were late, to which she scolded herself internally.

“My name is Maera Rigel.” She offered, not stating her rank – it was obvious enough with how she held herself, tall and regal as she’d often done, even back when she was nothing but a loner. She was merely there to observe unless her attention was called – Kerberos was the better conversationalist between the two of them, whereas she classified herself as the better fighting. Of course, they also hadn’t sparred in a while, and the tides might have turned in his favor while she was careful with her temper, having been carrying a child. She waited for the woman to answer her mate’s question, intently listening and curious.

[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Mimi who has 23 posts.
Inactive Pup
Lacey Rigel

They were doing something fun when Maera gestured for her pale-haired daughter to follow her. Lacey stopped in her tracks, scenting the air as she'd been taught to do—they were on the trail of something yummy and the plump Rigel was disappointed that food would be secondary to whatever her mother had changed course for. She hadn't heard the howl, partly because she wasn't listening for it and partly because she hadn't yet trained herself to pay attention to that sort of thing. The pack howled all the time, and Lacey either joined in or tuned it out. She tuned out Aideen's howl just as easily in spite of its unfamiliarity.

Her ears wilted as she peered back down the trail of whatever animal they'd been looking for, but when Lacey swung back to her mother, Maera was already on her way. Wait up! called the pup, sprinting to catch up. She was dogging Maera's heels when they reached their destination.

Kerberos was already present and Lacey made a beeline for her father, but stopped short when she noticed the other wolf in attendance. Aideen was not unlike her father in appearance, but bright red instead of dark brown, and she was no one that Lacey had ever met. She smelled way different than the Draw wolves did, too. The girl sniffed and automatically lifted her head higher—she was the princess here, after all. That it was completely rude went entirely over her head, naturally. Who're you? she boldly asked, verbally inviting a strong cuffing from either parent without even knowing it.

(This post was last modified: Sep 14, 2017, 11:20 PM by Lacey.)
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Aideen Athesila

As in the Ridge, she did not wait long before figure appeared, greeting her with a friendly smile and a gallant introduction. Again they were joined by others before she had a time to answer, sparing her the trouble of giving her own name twice. As with the Willows, the alpha couple were joined at the borders by a single pup, sporting a paler version of her father’s coat, though lacking his tact; Not so strange at her age. Aideen simply smiled at the girl, answering her question without note of it’s rudeness; “Aideen Smoke’s my name, what about you?” And then, looking up at the adults she added: “I lead Secret Woodlands, northwest of here, on the other side of the Fields.” She bowed her head lightly, tail wagging slowly at her hocks; “I’m sorry it’s taken this long, but I wanted to introduce myself, seeing as we’re basically neighbors now.”

Her smile remained bright and inviting as she waited for their reply, eyes shifting slowly from face to face. Looking between the three, she noted the differences and similarities in the little family, wondering what story might have brought them here. Of course, the big picture was easy enough to guess; Two young wolves in love, looking to start a family, but so many little details surely hid beneath the surface. Was the boisterous girl their only pup? And had they travelled far together before settling down in the Lore? With all the twists and turns on her own path to the Woodlands, Aideen didn’t doubt there was a tale behind the Riegels and their Charred Ash Draw. Hopefully she would come to learn it, assuming this first meeting went well.

Word count: 283

Thoughts ”Speech”  

Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He was swiftly joined by his wife and bold daughter. His eyes squinted as he stared at her for a moment. "Behave yourself." Was all the firm warning he gave for now. She would certainly be receiving a small lecture later on her manners. The leader and father turned his attention back to their guest, soaking up all that she had to say. A kind female it seemed.

A warm smile spread across his face as he nodded his head. "Let me start off by apologizing on behalf of our daughter, Lacey." The Rigel's head turned to look at his daughter expecting at least a sorry to be said. "Now onto better things. It is a true pleasure to finally get the chance to meet you Aideen. I believe an apology is also owed on our behalf for not seeking you out sooner." He laughed softly, yellow eyes gleaming with joy. A new face was certainly welcomed around here.

His eyes drifted to Maera and giving her time to speak if she had anything she wanted to say. Although Kerberos had to admit, he was excited to invite the Woodland wolf for a stroll of the draw or for casual conversations.

have you checked out my player preferences?