(See All?) Announcements
600 Users Online
Google, Isla, Bing

Valley Wide — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
@Adelayde first, then for @Piety and @Wraith - other WM wolves ask first, please.

Traversing the open tundra was much easier than the rocky forests, and Drestig felt a rush of relief as his tired legs moved smoothly over the level land. Now more than ever, he was happy than he and Jessie had elected to settle out here rather than somewhere closer to the mountains. It was a stroke of luck really, back then he would have never imagined himself as an old man with aching joints and tired bones; It’s amazing what a difference a year can make! But it was not all bad, they might be a good deal more silver hairs in his coat than he would have liked, and he couldn’t say he appreciated the level of pain this trip had brought, however it had been a valuable trek, ensuring further security for his family, the pack that awaited him at home. Before then though, he had one more stop to make, the one he dreaded most, but at the same time the one that could prove most important of all.

For the first time during their journey, Drestig’s expression was tense, and the look he offered his companion was not accompanied by a smile. Since the supposed changes in Whitestone, several months earlier, there had been no more incidents between their packs, but it was hard to forget past wrongs, and as open minded as he tried to be, the Rye leader was still skeptical. In the end, the new leaders had been subordinates under Craw, and to some extend must share his attitudes. But he was here meaning good, and hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Still, when he paused at the foot of their rock-home – silently thankful that he would not have to climb the steep path – it was with a solemn expression, and a quick side glance at Adelayde; “Best behavior, Ade, we’re here to make friends.” Then he raised his head and made his most formal call yet, requesting the presence of the Monadnock alphas; Or at least not enemies… Hopefully this visit would go quite a lot differently than his last.

Word count: 347

"Speech" Thoughts

Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Scout Demonstration 1/3

She didn't want to leave. Not for moment after she finally laid her mismatched eyes on him. Ade didn't realize how much she actually missed him. The time between them didn't change a thing aside from the longing that she felt to be with him again. As she thought about it, was this such a good idea? Whatever they had, was it a good idea to be apart for so long? Not seeing each other for weeks at a time dampened things. However, Adelayde didn't let the subject bother her when she was with him. Though, now it lingered like a wolf watching an injured deer, waiting to strike it dead. Her mind was sometimes her worst enemy.

After a few days of travel, the Rye second and alpha made it to the borders of their northern neighbors. A uneasiness still lingered within her jut about the Whitestone wolves. However, after learning that Piety was leading now instead of the mongrels that were before, relieved her slightly. They had gotten along when they met and she generally liked the woman, but she was far from knowing her or her mate that led besides her. Though, so far they were far better than what led before them.

As they closed in on the border, Drestig must of sensed her uneasiness as he advised her to play nice and make friends. Chuckling softly, "I'm not one of the boys, remember," she bantered returning a side look of her own with a playful grin lining her lips before he called for the audience of the alphas. Returning to her bicolored gaze to the barren lowlands surrounding their monadnock, she waited alongside her companion at their last stop before returning home.

Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

The pale female had been busy with @Wraith exchanging shows of affections. It wasn't every moment she could smother him in affection and show just how much she cared about him but when those moments came she soaked up every moment. Of course, it seemed that the lead pair wouldn't ever be able to simply be in each other's presence for too long. A call rang through the air that caused her body to rise from the ground. It was a foreign voice calling for the alphas of the Monadnock. Her tail took a high position, which was a normal thing by now, as she took off with a single glance over her shoulder. She had faith that Wraith would follow after.

As she closed the distance she was able to tell more about the caller. Or callers perhaps. There were two wolfish forms on their borders. One was a darker one and the other was large and tawny. within moments she was able to tell who the tawny one was. Adelayde of Wild Rye Fields. She had met the woman briefly at the Antler Ring. Despite the tensions between packs at the time (before Piety and Wraith had stepped up) the two had a fairly enjoyable meeting. Well, Piety had found it enjoyable and she hoped the female did too.

At first, with more distance between them, she thought the dark figure could have been @Reyes. She wondered if he was back with more questions or even news. But as she got even closer it became obvious that the other was a male who was older than her (or Reyes) but smelt of the Rye wolves too. With things being at least neutral between them she didn't see him as a threat. The call that had gone up wasn't alarming by any means either. Reyes or not he was still greeted with a welcoming feel.

A smile pulled on her scarred face with ease as she halted before the two of them. "Welcome to Whitestone Monadnock. I'm Piety Kael the lead female here." She announced with grace and confidence. It had taken time to get used to the title but by now it was more comfortable for her to say. Her muddy gaze moved to look at the tawny female. "Adelayde, it is good to see you. Well I hope?" The pale mother and leader spoke kindly before her gaze shifted. "I do not believe we have met before, though." Her words laced with a hint of curiosity as a pale brow raised. This was his chance to introduce himself to the Kael female.

note to self: after meeting with reyes
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael

With the sun warming his dark fur and Piety smoothing kisses across his ears, Wraith had his eyes closed in content as he enjoyed a light doze. Now that Cyril was exploring farther on his own, Wraith had to admit he was suffering unnecessary tension in his worry. It was a relief to be able to relax, even for a moment, beside his mate. However, the break was short-lived as always and he opened his eyes upon hearing the howl to give Piety a mournful look as if to ask 'Do we have to?'

But his ever dutiful wife was already rising to her paws and the black male felt her loss keenly at his side. "I'm comin'," he assured her sleepily when Piety glanced over her shoulder at him. She didn't wait as he dragged his own paws. The wolf took a moment to wipe the sleep from his eyes before following at a paw-dragging walk down on the Monadnock. By the time he reached the bottom, he was more awake and loped after her.

He thought back on the howl, mulling through his memory. It seemed familiar in some way and Wraith found himself wondering if it was one of their neighbors. The thought had him running now, interest piqued. Wraith arrived on the tail end of Piety's introductions as she was inquiring after Drestig's name. "Good to see you again," Wraith said to his fellow Alpha. The brute's tail wagged in a friendly manner, but flagged high alongside his mate's in a claim for their territory. "I see you've met my mate, Piety." As he said it, Wraith looked over at the white female with adoration. The crooked, wry smile lasted even as he looked to the female accompanying Drestig. "Don't believe we've met before. I'm Wraith Kael, fellow lead of Whitestone. It's a pleasure to meet you."

After addressing the woman, Wraith returned his friendly gaze to Drestig. "How hail the fields?"

[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

Despite his tiredness, he flashed a toothy grin at her comment, nodding to himself; No she certainly is not..! And it had been a true pleasure to have her along on this trip, both as company and acting as scout; He would be quite happy leaving it to her to liaison between the Fields and their neighbors. For now they had their last meeting ahead of them, and then they could head home, hopefully feeling safer from all sides, even with bunch of mixed news they had gathered.

Like at their other stops, the call was answered promptly first by a snow-white female he didn’t recognize, but quickly followed by Wraith, who took a stand beside her, their postures mirroring one another. Drestig nodded cordially, smiling as the pale lady addressed Adelayde by name; She was already well versed throughout their neighboring lands it would seem. The Whitestone king confirmed what had already been half guessed, and Drestig nodded again; “My pleasure.” He smiled at Piety, ember eyes briefly sweeping over her face, making note of the scars and torn ear, which seemed to contradict her blithe smile. But she seemed friendly enough with Adelayde, and showed no signs of the egomania or lunacy that had marked her predecessor. “My name’s Drestig Avalon, I lead Wild Rye Fields.”

With presentations over, he could move on to the young man’s question, a light wag to his, low-held, tail as he answered: “We’re doing well, our numbers have increased quite nicely and the pups are growing well. I hope the same is true for you?” It wasn’t intended at bragging - though there may be a small part of him that still thought it was a good move to let the Whitestone’s know their ranks had expanded - but rather an honest answer to the question. Allies exchanged information, and so he would do that, hoping to further mend the wound initially formed between their packs; “Have you gotten over the winter well?”

Word count: 331

"Speech" Thoughts

pride12
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Sorry for the delay!! >_<

She knew Drestig didn't mean it as she misbehaved regularly and she needed to be reminded to keep in line, she figured he mentioned it as he felt her unease because of the misfortune run-in she had with a previous Whitestone leader and his kin. Though they were long gone as the new leaders had made sure to mention months ago, she couldn't seem to get rid of the unease that invaded her whenever she caught sight of the large Monadnock.

They were quick to be joined by the pale female alpha that she had become happily acquainted to before the leadership change. As Piety greeted her, a genuine smile graced her lips before she responded. "All is well for me as I hope it is for you as well. It is rather nice to see you again." She had grew to like the pale female when the two neighboring packs were on edge with each other and now as there was peace, Adelayde hoped their relationship could become stronger because of that. They were joined then by a dark lad, his presence large and dominant, however not intimating so. Smiling as he greeted her, "The pleasure is mine. I'm Adelayde Snow, second of the Rye," she responded with a polite nod in his direction before she glanced over to Drestig as he answered Wraith's question.

(This post was last modified: Nov 02, 2017, 11:03 PM by Adelayde.)