(See All?) Announcements
628 Users Online
Google, Bing, Magg, Hazelnut

Got these feelings that I'm tired of holding on — Firefly Weir 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Marisol

Marisol quirked a brow. Who was he referring to, himself or others he knew? She would have been a liar if she tried to claim that all the wolves she'd met here were shit but... no friends came to mind. Just because they didn't take offence to her crass way of speaking didn't mean that they liked Marisol,  or that they even wanted to spend time in her company. Tolerance and actual appreciation were two different beasts.

Marisol- for once- wasn't going to argue, but she didn't let herself believe him either. That was a risk she couldn't take, it was the sort of thing her sister would've done and look where she was, dead and rotting in the ground.

"Uh huhhh." She drawled, side eyeing him. "Won't lie, it'd be a welcome change. Yelling at everyone I meet is kinda getting old." Good Lord, she was getting sentimental wasn't she? It tasted salty on her tongue, but she couldn't deny that she was telling the truth.

Marisol dipped her head as she watched her nails dig into the brown, mucky snow. He was right, they hadn't exchanged names. It might have come to that, eventually, but her storming off had put an end to the conversation- if it could even be called that. Still, there was no use in hiding it now. She'd seen him at her worst- or something close to it- so what harm could it possibly do? She wrinkled her nose as she glanced up, offering Niles yet another side glance. His name sure did sound fancy,but pack wolves always came across as such to her.

"Suppose so, call me Mari." It was only then she smiled, small and slight, as if the motion didn't quite feel natural to her anymore.

[Image: marisol_reyes_by_loccian_love-dc6n2r7.png]
Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Played by Grey who has 228 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
"Mari," he repeated quietly with a smile that mirrored hers. "I like it." His tail had untucked itself but it did not wag. If he had been in better spirits and a little more energetic, he might have given it a little wave. Niles wasn't particularly a social individual but, clearly, if he liked (or wanted to ward off) his company, he was. Whether or not he was friendly with his words simply depended on his mood. In Mari's case, her presence had put loneliness at bay - even if only for a little while. For Niles, it was enough.

"Has anyone bothered you yet 'round here?" he then asked. He was sure she could hold her ground; he just wanted to know if anyone from Willow Ridge had managed to reach out to her or show her their teeth. Feeling stiff in his elbows, he pushed himself back up into a sitting position, giving his head a shake that morphed into a tremble before he could completely stop. He probably should have slept a little but more before heading out today; the struggle to maintain himself was tiring. Even if the grief had been less heavy on his shoulders since they had left the Vale, finding the balance between the weight and the hollowness was his present problem.
[Image: grey-autumn2014sigNILES.png]
we can say goodbye, just head home, but if we're going to be alone
Chimera is currently traveling with Niles and may hop into this IC thread!
Inactive No Rank
Marisol
As always mari has a potty mouth

He liked it huh? She wondered if he'd say the same for her full name, the proper one. She hated the damn thing, Marisol, it sounded so... it was too pretty, airy, everything Mari was not. She she'd more or less ditched it, along with her last name, but it wasn't as if anyone would recognise it anyway. The Reyes' were nobodies and it served them just fine.

His question made her snort. Bother her pffft.  Who was he, her white (or rather black) knight? She waved away his question with a swish of her tail, only to realise she was only spreading her stink about, like some damn whore. Fuck. She huffed, her lip jutting out in a frustrated pout. What she wouldn't do to have all this troublesome shit go away- except the obvious. No way was she gonna walk down her Mumma's path anytime soon.She turned to face Niles, her tail still twitching as she decided to focus on his question instead of the beginnings of a shit storm in her head. Not like it was his fault anyways.

"Naw, nothing I can handle. Though... a while back ,not long after I met you some pack tried to poison me. Spoiled the stream I was staying by. It smelled sick, yanno? Made it real clear how they felt about me so I left. Didn't mean to come back, but here I am." She shrugged limply, like it was no big deal, an attempt on her life and all.

Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
His smile dared to broaden as she snorted; he wouldn't let it though. He didn't want her to think he was outright laughing at her. That wasn't gentleman-like at all; he imagined his father would have shot him quite a look if he did. A wave of her tail made him inhale and hold his breath for moment too long, but he wasn't tempted. He exhaled through his teeth as quietly as he could. For good measure, he stuck his tongue out and dragged it down the front of his leathery nose.

As expected, she said that she hadn't been bothered. It was good news for the both of them - he didn't need to go out on some sort of manhunt and get into fights that didn't need to happen, and she, of course, hadn't been harassed - but it also meant that Niles was without news of Willow Ridge, his family, or otherwise. Ah, well...

He glanced to her face after she shared about how she had been treated. "Sorry to hear," he offered, whether she wanted his sympathy or not. "Happened to me too. Not the poisoning, but the whole... well..." He made a face, part of his muzzle scrunching up along one side as he tilted his head. "Being unwelcome stuff." A tired shrug and a scoff, "Sucks." Here, he quietly set his paws close to one another, looking down at them in the snow as he lined up his digits side by side. He knew his parents' death had been his fault and, whether he liked it or not, he carried that guilt with him still. That would be dealt with once he finally let go of Castel.

"Glad you're all right though," his eyes crept back up towards where the ice of the shallows met the snow, then to where the ice met the frigid waters of the Weir. His eyes fixated on a point in the middle of the water, his voice becoming a little flat as if a part of him had clearly been left behind in the eastern reaches of Relic Lore, "What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger, right?"
Inactive No Rank
Marisol

Marisol didn't accept sympathy, that was her rule of thumb, but throwing a pissy fit about it now when they were getting along so well seemed kinda dumb. Besides, he did sound as though he meant it, all earnest and sweet. Definitely not Mari's type- so she'd claim anyway.

She had a hard time imagining him being unwelcome, because come on- look at him! He was all tall and broad, the sort of wolf that could be put to work and excel at it too. But Mari? If her mannerisms didn't put someone off then her form no doubt would. She wasn't tiny tiny, but Mari was painfully aware that she was smaller than average. Yeah, she had a nice ass and curves, but unless she wanted to put em to use there weren't very handy in the grand scheme of things. Not like being strong and tall, two very admirable traits.

"Mmm. She hummed in agreement. "They weren't the first that tried, doubt they'll be the last either. Keep em coming I say, one day I'll get so strong I'll kick all of their asses, then they'll see." It was an amusing thought, one she couldn't help but smile at. Hell, it even met her eyes, soft and maybe a little smug. She bent down into a stretch, a half-hearted attempt at flexing her muscles- cause it wasn't like she had much of them these days.

"Still," she said as she righted herself. "Little bit of R and R never hurt. Can't be on the go all the damn time. It's exhausting."

She wasn't quite sure what she was getting at, honestly. Was that a backhanded way of saying Niles didn't need to push himself so hard? Or was she actually admitting she needed a bit of time to recover as well. Who knew? Not Mari.

(This post was last modified: Mar 10, 2018, 08:01 PM by Marisol.)
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
It would have seemed that Niles had been asking Mari to somehow confirm the notion. That encounters with the unpleasant, traumatizing, and sometimes deadly did have its upsides. The first one being that they, the victims, were still alive. She acknowledged him with a hum and it was enough for him to move on from the subject, at least for now.

He heard her rustling about, stretching her limbs and such, and when he finally looked at her again, she was standing as any other wolf might've stood. It was probably just about time for him to get back into the Scowle; Skoll would still be asleep, he was sure, but he didn't want his siblings to worry about him any more than they should have. He gave a small smile to Mari, emboldened by her tidbit about how she would be strong enough someday to take them all on. That she'd kick all their asses... It was familiar to say the least.

"It is," he mentioned as he, too got up and gave his pelt a shake. Just for kicks, he figured he'd add, "If ya ever wanna hideaway, you can hide with us if ya want." He tipped his head back towards the way he had come from the heart of the pack lands. "We're just buncha wolves in th' thick of the forest 'round the Lagoon." He wish he could say something about the pookastone, the one Morganna had found, but he had never been one to entertain such stories about shape-shifters living in mundane things like stones. At last, some of the charm that Castel had helped Niles develop emerged. However, it wasn't to woo her, per se, but after being so sad and so hopeless for so long, he wanted, even for just a second, to remember what he was like before she had left him for the Life After. His tail gave a small, feeble wag between his heels, "No one would ever know you were there..."
Inactive No Rank
Marisol

"Hideaway huh?" She quirked her brow, just a smidge intrigued. Not a whole lot, the prospect of joining a pack was never gonna make her start drooling or anything equally as dramatic."I'll consider it, ain't making any promises though. Only tontos do that." Nothing was ever certain, to pretend otherwise was childish and she was fairly certain Niles wasn't an idiot. Less than he looked anyway.

Still, she couldn't help but wonder if the pack was really as okay as it sounded. Not being bothered sounded good, she'd never complain about being lonely so that certainly made the prospect sound more appealing but...What if he was blowing steam up her ass? Pack wolves loved to sing praise about their home and their cause. She'd been drawn in by a pretty tune once and where had it gotten her? Messed up, feelings all ripped to tatters before her very eyes. Yeah...she wasn't ready to let anyone in yet, if ever.

"See you around." She said as she turned to leave, to put some space between herself and the lagoon. She had been about to leave, but she paused, her paw lingering in the air for half a second before she pressed it back down into the snow. A grin worked its way onto her face and she just couldn't help herself.  She allowed the grin to stay, just this once."Only if you're lucky though." She winked, like the little shit she was,  then swished her tail before heading off the way she came.

Fade

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2018, 12:59 AM by Marisol.)
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
Niles wasn't sure why, but the quirk of her using these words that held no definition in his mental list of vocabulary never ceased to amuse him. Tontos. That one was new. He liked it. His grin morphed into an attempted smirk, clearly tickled by her words. He gave her another look-over, sizing her up for the most part and finding that she would probably fare all right in the Scowle. There were plenty of nooks and crannies to hide in between the trees and the boulders they took root beside, and there were a fair number of Morganna's followers whose bulk and larger builds could easily help Mari if she ever needed it - and Niles was certain by now that she would have no problems in fending for herself.

"See you around," she lent. The Lyall nodded, a wordless reply that meant 'Likewise.'

Upon seeing her wink, though, Niles' smile cracked into a toothy grin. He couldn't help it. For the first time, his chest felt light and his shoulders were unburdened. He watched her leave until he could no longer spot her through the trees; then, for one reason or another, he hoped he would be lucky, just for the heck of it.

(Fade.)