(See All?) Announcements
674 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel

i'll cure you of disease — Quarry's Rush 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Emmett who has 375 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cottongrass
The kid asked a question — and immediately raced to apologize.

Confusion fluttered across Cottongrass' features and his tail gave a few curious thumps against the ground behind him. Was he really that scary? He knew that he was on the larger side despite his medium stature but he didn't think he was threatening. He was pretty sure he was only as intimidating as the plant he was named after. But he didn't know what might have been going on in the kid's head so he focused on fixing what he could.

(Which was clearing up whatever misunderstanding that had just happened between them.)

"It's okay." He chirped. They weren't being rude. Cottongrass knew a thing or two about blurting out the most awkward and embarrassing questions in the absolute worst moment. What they said wasn't close to some of the more terrible things he said in the past. Besides — they just gave him a great excuse to ramble about his two best friends and like hell was he going to pass up an opportunity like that. His features softened into something warm and his jaws parted in goofy smile.

"I'm here 'cause of my best friends." Askan and Reyes really were the best in all meanings of the word. From keeping up with his inability to commit and countless mood swings along with his childish and obnoxious antics. "You should meet them." And without missing a beat — "Have you met them? Askan and Reyes."
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

Being nosey wasn’t really his style, even though he always had questions swimming around his head. The dark agouti preferred keeping to himself—which included keeping his thoughts tucked away. But, for whatever reason, he felt comfortable around the yellow-eyed stranger. Maybe it was because he was friends with Askan and Pumpkin Eyes. The boy was still apprehensive, of course, as he should be. Which was why he kept his tongue in check after his previous outburst, for he didn’t want to make the older wolf uncomfortable with an array of questions.

It’s okay. His tail wagged, his mismatched gaze falling onto the walking cloud. Mirroring the stranger’s goofy grin Sachiel listened, patiently, to his response. Best friends. Huh. His ears cupped forward, his interest peaking. The pale wolf appeared to be glowing as he mentioned his friends, radiating vibrant shades of yellow and white as a familiar name dropped off his tongue. Askan! He chirped, his tail wagging harder. I met him. He's the one that told me about your little group. Sachiel nodded to emphasize his point, the smile still pressed against his dark lips. What’s Reyes like? He was curious about the pale male’s other best friend, for he had not heard the name before.

ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Inactive Deceased
Cottongrass
'What’s Reyes like?'

The kid was in for the speech of a lifetime and he didn't even know it. Because while Cottongrass liked many things — there was a special place in his heart for his friends. Which meant any moment he could talk about them was a good moment. His tail wagged and he straightened up.

(Or as much as a wolf like him could straighten up...)

"Reyes is —" He paused in careful thought. "A lot like Askan." They were both his best friends. And there were probably a ton of other little similarities he could list but he figured appearances didn't matter. The kid was looking for reasons to join them! He probably didn't care about the fact that Askan and Reyes were both darkly furred and stacked. And If they did? Well... They could have that weird discussion later once Cottongrass convinced the kid to join their ragtag group.

"They can seem kinda..." His head cocked to the side as he pondered his next words. "They can seem kinda mean sometimes." It wouldn't the first time one of his friends trampled and ground his emotions into the dirt without even blinking. He was pretty sure those moments were just accidents. "But they mean well. They're good wolves, you know? Strong and loyal."

The question just might have been getting away from him. Because the kid asked about Reyes, not Askan and Reyes. It was getting hard to make the distinction between the two with how close his friends were. So with some awkward flailing on his part, Cottongrass decided to give one last ditch effort to get his point across.

"Reyes — he helped me out when I got attacked by someone." And granted his friend more or less called him a bitch in heat and made fun of his name but that part wasn't important. The important part was the intent. "He's also helped me out when I got lost and stuff. He's that kind of wolf." He sure hoped he was making sense.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

Soft, smooth ivory and warm butterscotch. That was the walking cloud. There was nothing about the loner that made Sachiel feel uncomfortable, and he liked that. Clearly Askan had picked a good group of wolves to surround himself with.

He waited with patient eyes for the pale male to respond, his mismatched eyes not once wavering from his frame. A lot like Askan, huh? The left corner of his mouth curled upward in amusement. So that meant two Sir Grumpsalot’s to deal with… interesting. The duo couldn’t be all bad, otherwise they would not have a group of wolves following them around the northern woods. So he waited, his mismatched eyes wide as he slumped against the ground, his expression soft; encouraging.

Mean. Okay. Sachiel could deal with mean. Especially if it was only kinda mean and sometimes. That the agouti boy could handle. Especially since the pale wolf went on to describe them as strong and loyal. He did not mind that he was talking about the two of them—in fact the boy liked that they were a team. It made the group even more enticing.

His brows pinched together in concern at the next comment, a small frown appearing onto his dark lips. Someone had attacked the soft cloud? How was that even possible? The yellow-eyed dandelion was hardly threatening, in both appearance and demeanour. He sounds like a good wolf, the boy responded with a cheesy grin, his tail thumping against the ground. Have you known them long? The questions kept coming, spilling off his tongue without a second thought.

x

Inactive Deceased
Cottongrass
He got his point across.

That was good! Maybe even more than good since he was usually terrible with serious words but the kid seemed to understand him perfectly. Because Reyes was a good wolf. He was the best good wolf Cottongrass ever knew and there was no changing his perception of the man. His tail wagged in the mud behind him and he matched the kid's enthusiasm.

And when they asked another question? Cottongrass didn't even blink before he was answering them.

"Yup." He chirped. "I've known the both of them since the last winter." Was the kid even alive back then? That was a weird thought. He decided to not focus on it. Instead he kept on talking as happy as could be. "I think I actually met Reyes somewhere nearby. Towards the, uh, south." He gave a vague gesture with his muzzle into the woods. And the real answer was probably a lot more west but he was sure the little details didn't matter.

It was somewhere in the general direction.
(This post was last modified: Dec 02, 2017, 08:25 AM by Cottongrass.)
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

The pale wolf before him claimed he had known the pair for almost a year, which was reassuring for the agouti boy. If he had stuck by them for that long clearly Askan and his friend weren’t bad company. Huh. Staying was becoming more appealing, but the boy was still undecided. There was a lot to explore north of these woods and part of him felt as though he had overstayed his welcome. If Askan was thinking of settling down here, and forging a pack, Sachiel didn’t want to cross any boundaries. Especially if he wasn’t sure whether he wanted to stay or not. You’ve been super helpful, he responded with a sweeping wag of his tail, a wide grin tugging at his lips, but I gotta get going. Need to explore a little more before I make up my mind. He gave the cloud a reassuring nod, his head tipping to the side. Unless you got somethin’ cool to show me? His grin turned cheeky, a flick of his nose motioning to their lush surroundings. There had to be something the boy hadn’t seen yet.

fade out with your post? or mine?
x

Inactive Deceased
Cottongrass
It was the kid's lucky day. Because not only did Cottongrass know about Askan and Reyes but he also knew about everything cool. And — granted — his idea of cool was usually wildly different than what others had in mind but Cottongrass figured they wouldn't mind. They listened to him ramble about his best friends. He was sure they could handle him rambling about owls.

"'Course!" He chirped. His tail wagged and his features brightened into a happy grin. There was so much he could show the kid. He was sure it would be the perfect way to spend a cold and dreary morning. "C'mon, I think I saw where an owl was sleeping earlier." And after nudging the kid with the blunt end of his muzzle — Cottongrass was off into the brush. He was sure his new friend would be hot on his heels.

Fade thread.
(This post was last modified: Dec 09, 2017, 05:50 PM by Cottongrass.)