(See All?) Announcements
598 Users Online
Google, Bing, Archer

The Right Spot — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nuru who has 76 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Neko Inali
Takes place immediately after the pack meeting. 53 ° F/12 ° C. @Drestig, @Jessie.

When Neko arrived at Wild Rye Fields, she was exhausted, hungry, and alone. When she joined the pack with the intention of being their healer, she immediately felt overwhelmed with the responsibility. She was now well fed and well rested, but the weight of her responsibility to the pack had not lifted, and she was eager to get started. The first thing on her list was to set up the infirmary, which she about to discuss with her alphas. She would also need to gather herbs and give each pack member, or at least each of the pups, a check-up.

Neko had chosen three possible sites for the infirmary and pointed out the first one to Jessie and Drestig. All three sites were east of the pond and near the water and visible from lookout, but none of them were perfect. She briefly described each one in turn as she pointed them out.

She showed them the first site and said, “I’ve found three spots, and this is the first one. It’s easy to get to. It’s visible from the lookout, so the guardians can keep an eye on it. It’s close to the water but high enough I don’t think it will flood. The only downside is that it might be too close to the main den. If someone has a contagious illness, we wouldn’t want it to spread to the whole pack.” She also remembered Askan telling her that Jessie liked her privacy and might not like this spot for that reason as well.

The next site she had chosen was a bit further from the main den but was on lower ground. “This is the second spot. It’s not quite so close to the main den, but it’s near the water and visible from the lookout. My only concern is whether or not it could flood. It’s fine right now, but I’m not sure how much snow to expect or how high the creek will rise when it melts.”

The last spot she had picked was even further from the main den and was on higher ground but had a somewhat steeper slope leading to where the entrance would be. “This is the third spot. The slope is a little steep, but it’s still close to the water, and higher up so less chance of flooding, and it’s visible from the lookout. I would rather it be closer to the main den, but there’s also less chance of spreading illness. With the steep slope leading to it, an injured wolf might have a hard time reaching it, so if that happens I might have to treat them where ever they are.”

After telling Jessie and Drestig about each of the three spots she had chosen, she eagerly waited for their opinions. Hopefully, they would both agree on one of the three sites, or perhaps they might have another spot in mind that she hadn’t considered. Once the spot was chosen, she would want to talk about the size and layout of the infirmary, then hopefully she would be ready to start digging.
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
Suuuper sorry this got pushed back by several things <.< Now that it's on my log I promise to keep up with it better!!

They had certainly gotten themselves an enthusiastic young healer! Neko was clearly eager to get started with her medic duties, and despite his pressed schedule, Drestig couldn’t help but smile and nod at her request. It was great to finally have a herbalist within their ranks, even if she wasn’t very experienced, it was certainly better than nothing, and hopefully Lachesis would be willing to teach her a thing or two, down the line.

Exchanging a brief look with Jessie, he let their new recruit take the lead, walking beside his mate as they were led to the different places Neko had scouted out. She was both thorough and enthusiastic, and in every spot, the king looked around carefully, taking note of the listed pros and cons, and nodding thoughtfully at the end of each presentation. Really, he would have been willing to let the young wolf choose a location on her own, but he appreciated her wanting to involve them, and it gave him a chance to get to know her little better.

After finishing at the last site, Neko turned her amber eyes on the leaders expectantly. Drestig quirked a brow faintly, one corner of his mouth turned up in a half-smile as he looked back at the girl. She’d done a lot of leg work here, and it almost felt wrong, traipsing along to make the final say. On the other hand she’d asked their opinion, and as alphas, he supposed, it was their place to sign off on these things. In the end he shrugged his shoulders slightly, turning to Jessie; “It’s your call. I’d like to have it closer to the main den,” he looked back up at the medic, “But if you think it would be safer further away, I’ll defer to you.” There was an easy smile on his lips as he spoke, tail flicking lazily back and forth at his hocks. He might have plenty of other things on his mind, but for now he would push them back and focus on their new medic; This is important too.

Word count: 347

Thoughts ”Speech”

pride12