719 Users Online
Google, Bing

flies and cobwebs unwind — Pasos al Cielo 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 145 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remington
And then you get up and get up and get up again

She tried to think again if she could have passed them by. But, she was more caught wondering if he was afraid, shy, or raised rather proper. Doing his best not to hold her gaze. She didn't think she was awful intimidating. No scars to be seen. Or leftover blood. She was barely taller than him. Did she just look rough around the edges? Her white stockings hadn't been for awhile, but with the dirt and grime they just blended in with the rest of her gray.

Whatever he found, or made him change his mind he seemed to give in. She tried to keep her expression soft. He instantly hit a mark.

"Lachesis?" It was an odd name, and she was sure the wolf still lived north of here just as the lad said. As for the other. If she'd known what happened to Askan after her departure, she would have held close to this information. But, since she didn't. "I know an Askan Selwyn. Does that ring any bells?"

(This post was last modified: Nov 27, 2017, 09:53 PM by Remington. Edit Reason: tablemsmable )
[Image: se_by_a_yellow_bird-dc2z4ij.png]
Played by Arla who has 88 posts.

Lachesis! He nearly squealed with excitement, but instead opted for a sharp nod. That’s the one! He flashed her a toothy grin, his tail wagging gently behind him. This was good news. She might not have run into one of his siblings (they were probably busy snooping around) she had heard of his uncle. Which was a good start. You know him? He asked, his maw canted to the side. He knew his uncle wasn’t aware of his existence, but that was okay. Seven was aware of his and that’s all that mattered.

The feral seemed to have even more information, which only made the peppered yearling more excited. He had really lucked out with this one! The first name didn’t sound familiar, but the last was all he needed. It meant they were in the right place—that there were Selwyn’s living down here. Maybe even his father—or wolves that knew of his father. No, he answered, honestly, the left corner of his mouth drooping into a lopsided frown, but that’s okay. It means there’s Selwyn’s down here, so I’m on the right track. He nodded once more. Does he live around here, too?

Inactive No Rank
Remington

There seemed a bit of enthusiasm over this information. If he might just take off there now. She gently cleared her throat, fighting off the embarrassment that lingered in her chest. "He helped me out once. Great healer, and  leads a pack called Hearthwood River." It was actually more northeast, now that she thought about it. Near the lake. But, she hadn't been there herself. It was only through small talk she'd gain this information, how she managed to retain it she had no clue.

It was apparent he'd never met Askan. He didn't seem crest fallen over the issue. "So you're a Selwyn?" If he cared so much about them he must be. She wasn't going to get ahead of herself.

"He does. But he's a lot further east at the moment." Reyes and him scouting for a place to call theirs. Remington was dragging her feet. She knew it. She should be there as well, helping. "He's a friend." He probably wouldn't choose that word, but he didn't need to know that. Why she thought about sharing more, she held her tongue not to bombard him. Why he seemed young and innocent she wasn't sure how Askan would feel about all of this. She didn't to give him any more reasons to dislike her.

(This post was last modified: Dec 13, 2017, 06:08 PM by Remington.)

She knew him!!! His excitement grew, muddy eyes widening with each word that tumbled off her tongue. Not only was her uncle Lachesis a healer, just like his mother had said, but apparently he led a pack! Hearthwood River. That was important information. Good, helpful information. His paws were practically buzzing with excitement. Thank you! He chirped, his tail wagging frantically behind him. You’re the most helpful fe—wolf I’ve encountered so far. This girl sure seemed to know a lot of wolves in the area. She was the most perfect feral Seven could have run into—he probably even found out more than either of his siblings!!

So you’re a Selwyn?

Some would disagree, due to his very unSelwyn eyes. But that didn’t matter. His surname said otherwise.

Yep! Seven Selwyn, he introduced with a small dip of his head, his lips curved into a tight smile. The Selwyn nobody really knew about—yet.

Okay, so this Askan was east. Maybe he could visit his uncle in Hearthwood before looking for this Askan, his… something. And, apparently, he was a friend of the yellow-eyed girl. Holy moly, he had really lucked out with this one! Cool, thanks, he added, his expression softening. Wait—do you need help with anything? I don’t really know much but I might be able to help you. He shrugged, flashing her a crooked smile as his brows shot up in anticipation for her response.

Inactive No Rank
Remington

Remington had never had any relatives to meet. So she really couldn't fully understand his excitement. It didn't stop her from wanting to. Boy, how quickly his mood had changed. She found her tail giving a few sweeps. His higher energy a welcomed change."You're most welcome." She could have sworn though he had a stumbled when calling her wolf. But, she didn't waste further thought.

Proudly, he introduced himself, and she smiled, a nod of her head. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm Remington, in case you need a name." Though she doubted it would be of much importance. Still it was given should any blame be needed.

The young man wanted to do something for her in turn. She was surprised by the idea, and for a split second he might have seen in her eyes. Off the bat she couldn't think of anything directly. She hate to wipe that sweet, smile off hisface. So she thought, and came with an idea. "Well, perhaps you can tell your Uncle I send my thanks, and still owe him one. So should he ever be in need I'm southeast with Askan Selwyn." She didn't know Lachesis and Askan were familiar with each other, but it wouldn't surprise her in the least. Askan had gone a lot more places than she had, and he was highly ambitious.
(This post was last modified: Dec 13, 2017, 06:28 PM by Remington.)
archive here or fade with yours? <3

Remington. He would do his best to remember that name. She had been an absolute delight and he was so thankful that she had been the first feral he’d encountered in the Lore. And certainly the most helpful! While she had not encountered his siblings, the loner had known both of the names he’d given her. That was better than nothing. Nice t’meet you, too! He chirped in response, his tail giving another enthusiastic wave behind him.

She hesitated at his request but he remained calm, his muddy gaze fixated on her dark frame. If she didn’t want anything in return Seven wouldn’t protest. He just wanted to return to the favour as she had been more than helpful when she didn’t need to be. But, after a brief pause, the girl spoke once more, earning a wide smile from the peppered yearling. tell your Uncle I send my thanks… Check. He could definitely do that. …I’m southeast with Askan Selwyn. Double check. Triple check! Especially since the wolf she was hanging out with was some how related to him. He’d find Lachesis first then deal with his Selwyn relatives. You got it, he yipped with a sharp nod. Thanks again, he added, his head flopping to the side, but I better get going. Got some siblings and an uncle to find! A small chuckle accompanied his words as he sidestepped away from the ebony girl, his coffee-coloured gaze lingering. See ya around?

Inactive No Rank
Remington

Happy to see her words ignited a smile, and were likely comitted to memory she didn't want to impede him any longer. "Yes you do," she agreed, finding her mood had completely done a three sixty by simply helping the young stranger. She had no complaints. Now she could consider the day hadn't been wasted, and she should probably get word of all this back to Askan. Surely, he'd be pleased. Then again...would he? She felt a moment of hesitation, but she swiftly made up her mind. She wouldn't withold this information, even if it displeased him.

Before he took off, he paused. He would probably be back down here sooner or later. Maybe, with a wolf or two in tow. "Yeah," she agreed, a smile still holding up her lips. "Good luck," she wished him instead of saying good bye. She watched his figure disapear before she turned around herself. Assured the young wolf could mean no harm, and at least she could warn Askan he might soon get a visitor.

{fade}