(See All?) Announcements
699 Users Online
Google, Bing, Sophrosnia

I'm going to hell to pass the time — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Attica Archer
A nearby water source goes foul, seemingly overnight. Why does it smell so dead?
Here I stand, staring at the sun
Attica Grace Archer

Attica had been here only yesterday, but she hadn't noticed the foul stench that seemed to fill the air even from several metres away today. In fact, it was a clear mountain stream, shallow enough that she could see the pebbles that lined it's bottom and watch the small fish that took shelter from the current behind the larger stones. Her face was screwed up with some disgust. If the water had been fouled, then perhaps Revon would get sick if she happened to drink from it further downstream.

That certainly would not do.

She looked behind herself, where the pack lands lay, then up the stream again. It would make sense that whatever had fouled the water was up there... and if it looked like it was out of her control, then she supposed she could call for one of the leaders. Surely they would know what to do... No point bothering them until she knew what they were dealing with though, so with a heavy sigh she began to walk upstream, trying to block the rancid stench from her nose by opening her mouth, but that only resulted in her gagging. She'd just have to try and breathe shallow...

[Image: sig__com___a_zoo_in_a_jungle_by_clowdero...aszulw.png]
Played by Switch who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
Summiter
look what you made me do

After a failed attempt to catch a rabbit, and with his neck itching like crazy, he began to ascend the Heights. Maybe, everyone else would be awake for the sun, and he could go to bed undisturbed. He didn't always prowl at night, but he'd been unable to sleep and felt his time would be better use doing some hunting. But, that hadn't been true. His jaws stretched into a yawn, but he snapped his teeth in protest. He wasn't gonna rest out here.

Before he went to bed he'd stop at the stream. The problem was the closer he got to it, there was this an awful, terrible smell. Gross. No way was he gonna wash himself with that. He should probably go tell somebody. It was then he noticed there was somebody above. He went to call out, but ended up coughing. He'd eaten some pretty gross things, but nothing like this. Sucking in a deep breath, trying to hold it he tried again. "Hey, you figure out what it is?"

(This post was last modified: Nov 14, 2017, 10:03 PM by Summiter.)
Played by becuffin who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Attica Archer
what are you doin’ to my head?
Attica Grace Archer

The girl flinched when a voice came from the darkness behind her, startled eyes stood out against her silvered face as her head whipped around falling on a familiar sight and allowing her shoulders to sag with relief. "Oh," She sighed with relief, "No, I just wanted a drink but it looks like we'll have to go upstream and figure out what it is or find somewhere else." But now that he was here, and she realised just how dark it was out, well, maybe she'd do better with some company. "Could I ah- bother you to come with me? To be honest I'm a bit terrified there might be a mountain lion out there." It was an unusual thing to be worried about, but they were on a mountain after all.

[Image: sig__com___a_zoo_in_a_jungle_by_clowdero...aszulw.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health