(See All?) Announcements
538 Users Online
Vili, Google, Bing

Is this a London particular? — Quarry's Rush 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 129 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
An eerie fog rolls in from the nearby forest, so thick you can barely see your own nose.
So raise your glass if you are wrong
Phoenix Avalon

The sun should have been up an hour ago and yet the fog still lay thick upon the ground. Percy had to wonder if it was just these woods, with their abundance of running water that gave rise to such wretched weather, as it was she could barely see her nose in front of her face for the thickness of it, but that didn't mean she'd be content to stay in bed all way either. With a snort and a sigh she tried to make use of her other senses, but scents and even sounds were dampened by the soupy mix. In fact, she didn't realise just how close she had come to the rush before her paw slipped and she landed up to her elbow in frigid, roaring water. "Ahfuckit!" she declared as she pedalled backwards. She was just as in love with this forest as when they first arrived. She couldn't (no wouldn't) shake the scowl from her face.

(This post was last modified: Oct 31, 2017, 09:58 AM by Phoenix.)
[Image: alice_pixels_by_marinatedmermaid_db0ijia...bx39aw.gif]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
I couldn't resist <3

Holy shit it was foggy out.

If he'd been in the Lowlands it wouldn't have been an issue, he knew that place like the back of his own paw. But these woods were still unfamiliar to him, or at least these parts were. He'd done a fair bit of exploring but he'd never gone this far east yet. Honestly, if it was always this foggy in these parts then maybe it would best if they avoided them all together.

A sudden rush of foul language reached his ears-it didn't matter if he couldn't see who said that, he'd recognise that voice anywhere.

"Oi, language."Askan chided, despite the fact that he had a potty mouth of his own. But then he paused as a frown tugged at his lips. As amusing as it was to hear her swear like a sailor what had caused her to curse? Was she okay? Sure, she wasn't a pup anymore but he damn well care for her just as much as he used to."You okay?"

He inched closer, his ears twitching at the sound of running water. Had she fallen in? Shit, what if she got swept away, like that time all those months ago? She was so lucky she hadn't drowned, but in weather like this that was a real possibility.

"You're not drowning are you?"

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
i crashed my car into the bridge, i watched, i let it burn
Phoenix Avalon

Oi, language. She would know that voice anywhere and though the fog dampened the direction from whence it came she pressed her tongue between her teeth and blew air through her cheeks in his general direction, the somewhat less-effective raspberry conveying her opinion of his scolding none the less. She managed an eye roll when he asked if she was ok, like a concerned mother duck, but then he followed it up to ask if she was drowning, "Well that'd be problematic wouldn't it? I don't reckon the Monadnock wolf would be on hand to pull me out this time." She spoke with a teasing tone, the dark shape coming closer through the fog. She could only hope it was actually Askan and not a small bear.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Percy was many things, but first and foremost she was his pest.

He didn't mind her potty mouth that much, she wasn't really a kid anymore he could hardly chase her about telling her how not to speak when his mouth was just as, if not dirty than her own. Besides, he had better things to do, he trusted her not to get herself in too much trouble. But perhaps his trust had been ill placed, because here she was again at risk of being swept away. She had gotten bigger, mouthier too but she was still the same little shit as before.

Or at least he assumed she was.

"Tcccht." Askan hissed, borrowing a page from his mate's book. "I know a thing or two about rescuing, bet I could haul your arse out no problem." Again, he'd learnt from Reyes but of course he wasn't going to admit that. "If this becomes a trend I'll start thinking you're doing it for my attention. Surely you've got better things to do, right?" He asked, a sly smile tugging at his lips as he stepped forward, inching closer to the source of her voice.

Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Phoenix Avalon

Phoenix didn't doubt his words, though she had grown in limb and weigh considerably since the last time Askan had needed to haul her ass out of trouble. At his suggestion that she was doing it for attention she snickered and stepped closer, "Naw, I shouldn't have to go to such extremes should I?" her smile was broad as the fog finally thinned enough for her to make out his face. "Not that there's much to be doing when you can't see two steps in front of your face. Too easy to break something if you try to hunt and too bloody wet besides." She shoved Askan with her flank, head tilting up to peer at what she could only imagine was the sky, if she could see the tops of the trees through the fog. "Do you even remember what the sun looks like at this point?" She wasn't quite sure she did anymore.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

"Hmm, I wouldn't say so. I'm busy, but I'm not that busy." He was trying to get things worked out, plans set in place but he knew the worst was yet to come. Not that what he had in store was bad but...it would be a trial nonetheless. One he hoped Percy was willing to solider through with him.

He grunted a little at her shove. but at least he could see her now, properly without all the ugly fog getting in the way. She'd changed so much, but what he noticed most of all was the t-shaped scar on her head. He hated the sight of it, resented what it represented, how she had gotten it and the events that led to it. It was all well and good she had regained her memory, more or less, but still it reminded him of dark days. Of worry and fear, feelings he had wanted to leave behind in the Field.

"Your memory that bad huh?"He teased, mirth gleaming in his eyes. "Just give it a few months then you'll be bitching it's too hot. Enjoy it whilst you can." Or at the very least he'd be whining about it, he couldn't be certain if she felt the same way.

"Overall though, what do you think of these woods? Give me your honest opinion."

Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Phoenix Avalon

She felt his eyes linger on the mark on her temple, and a twinge of guilt filled her heart before he teased her about her memory once more. "Couldn't forget your ugly mug if I wanted to though, could I?" Why it was Askan and not one of her parents or a place was anyone's guess, and he was probably right about the heat, there was rarely a temperature that would pass that wouldn't bring a scowl to her face for one reason or other.

When he asked her about the woods she paused, it wasn't the open expanse of the field encircled by trees, but more like the southern woods she had vanished into on more than one occassion. "Seems cozy when it isn't pissin' down." Which, to be honest, had maybe been for about 5 damn minutes since they got here. "We could make it work." She answered with more certainty and a fearless grin. "Why, you found somewhere to get attached to already?"

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan sneered, ugly? Him?!? Askan liked to think he was above such menial matters, that the opinions of others didn't bother him in the slightest, but he was wrong. Insults ,lighthearted or otherwise, almost always landed on their mark and hit him where it hurt. It was easy enough to dismiss her words as a jest- at first. But as the seconds ticked on he couldn't help but wonder, worry. Still...she wasn't telling the truth, was she?

When Askan had first met his mate the southerner pulled no punches, he'd called him all sorts of ugly nicknames, but never ugly. So surely she was tugging at his tail, letting her words crawl under his skin. Why? Because she was a damn pest, and she knew it too judging from that smug grin on her face. With a huff, he willed his hackles to lower and leaned forward to give her nose a scolding nip. He was convinced the shit he put up with was going to make him go prematurely grey and yet, he wouldn't change it for the world. Not ever.

Moving on, Askan peered out at the distance and watched what he thought were the silhouettes of distant trees. She was right, shitty weather aside this forest would serve well as their home.

"I might." He told her, his voice breaking the lengthening silence. "Sure you're not going to get itchy paws and leave me worrying again?" The conversation took a turn for the serious without him meaning for it to but...It was a question he needed answering, he needed to know.

Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Phoenix Avalon

Phoenix had always been one to push the limits, her lip curling back at Askan's nip, chasing after him with one of her own that landed on foggy open air, her waving tail betraying the tease in her retaliation. Honestly, the place had been pretty miserable since they had arrived, but there were trees for cover and water for drinking and game for hunting, it was as good a place as any as far as Percy was concerned and she gave a non-committal shrug in response, "Even when I do I always show back up don't I? If you're wantin' me to tell you before I wander off I reckon I can manage that, but sometimes bein' around so many people gets... too loud, even if they aren't sayin' anythin' ya'know?" She couldn't promise to stay within any marked borders, she never had, not even as a pup, and he knew that... but she could promise that she'd always be back, sooner or later.