(See All?) Announcements
576 Users Online
Bing, Google

This one tells no lies — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: I understand what Garmir is doing might earn him harsh response, but in event he survives this, he is seeking to join! :0

This was possibly a suicide but even if it was, Garmir moved forward without hesitation. He knew his chances to survive winter alone were slim with how much he had been taxing his body in his search for Anaeia, and where he should have been building reserves for winter, he had instead obsessively continued with the mission, often to a point of exhaustion. Thus he was ill prepared to winter alone and that was where this almost desperate plan came from..

He needed a pack, but not just any pack. It had to be small enough for Garmir's offer to have any weight, and that was why he was now here. He had already stumbled upon borders of secret woodlands earlier, but had chosen to remain hidden until he was sure this was what he was seeking. He had tried to circle the borders, pick scents and determine what size the pack could be, while at the same time avoiding detection for best of his abilities. Earlier in the day he had covered his fur in ash to cover his scent, crossed small bodies of water to cover his tracks and then turned away as if he would have been departing the area. Garmir had stopped only to hunt for few hours and as soon as he had scored a kill, young hare in its first season, he had changed his course again directly towards secret woodlands territory.

Typically when one was seeking to join he would first announce himself, but not this wolf. Garmir, with full intent, crossed the border while understanding he could be torn apart for this If anything went wrong. He slowed down to steady trot while his fresh kill was still hanging from his jaws and he was not planning to stop until someone caught him. What was he up to?

Played by Van who has 20 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Paschal
Paschal hadn't been alpha for long, but he already knew that he liked the position and wouldn't be giving it up anytime soon, even in the event that Miccah made a full recovery. The vessel was happy that the voices constantly assaulting his mind were giving him a break now that he was in a position of power. Headaches were less and less frequent, though he had started having that little bit of a hallucination problem. He had no clue what Asheroth was trying to tell him, but he did not particularly appreciate the method. It was highly disorienting.

When he happened upon the trespasser, he wasn't quite sure if it was real or not. The wraith quickly realized that it was a real wolf, however, by the smells. The visions and hallucinations had yet to become real enough to provide smells, which was how he was distinguishing reality from unreality.

"Typically," he began, head held high as he approached the lone wolf, though his tail still rested calmly behind him, "wolves do not enter other wolves' territories without invitation." Rose-colored eyes scanned the dark-furred youth calmly. They were around the same age, height, and build, though opposite in coloration. "I could rip you apart for this, spread your entrails over the ground, and it would be justified." He flicked his gaze to meet the intruder's. "But I won't."

He calmly padded over to circle around the newcomer like a vulture would circle a carcass. "What are you called, tresspasser?" he asked, voice as smooth and sweet as honey. His mouth watered at the thought of sinking his teeth into that dark neck, but he refrained. Aideen probably wouldn't like that.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir's trespassing earned him pretty much the welcoming he could have reasonably expected. As soon as he was spotted, the earthen male halted where he was and waited for his hosts to make next move. Thankfully the young and pale white alpha whom came to greet him wasn't outright attacking him, although it was apparent Garmir's stunt was not appriciated if those threats were any hint. Still, Pax took this surprisingly calmly and the trespassing male made a note of that, not allowing his guard to drop just because there was no immidiet indication for violence.

Garmir wasn't here to challenge anyone and least of all he wanted to appeare as a thread to leading male, presuming this was him. They were near same age and build and in a way similar confidence radiated from them although Garmir was careful not to give signs of defiance or disrespect. His tail was as low as it could be, he stood tall but not trying to make himself bigger than what he was. His fur remained low and his ears were if not flat then closer to his skull, rotating with Paschal's movement as he circled Garmir. Now it was his turn to speak and introduce himself.

"Perhaps little excessive, but justified - I agree" -Garmir begin first with a note to Pax's threat, as his eyes followed his host, but careful not to form direct eye contact. He slowly lowered his head and allowed dead hare he had been holding to drop to the ground, then pushing its body forward a little with his fore leg while watching Paschal. It was an offering.

"My name is Garmir and I thank you for your patience. If I may... hold you from punishing me for this trespassing little longer, I would like to bring forth a proposal that... might benefit us both." -He spoke both clearly and with confidence while taking a step back from the hare he had just placed on the ground. If Garmir was afraid, he was doing great job at hiding it. There was something in his gaze though as he eyed on Paschal. There was.. perhaps bit of confusion or even recognition in his poison green eyes. Pax did remind Garmir great deal of someone he had once met and he wasn't actually sure if this was the same person or not.

[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive I. Leader
Paschal
Paschal's ears pricked at the suggestion that he was being excessive, and he gave his head a haughty lift and raised his tail to be a little more level with his spine. It was still wagging, though, dangerously - like a cat stalking a piece of prey. "Oh, sweet, innocent soul," he crooned, stepping forward to lean just a bit over Garmir, chin tipped down to protect his neck. "You have no idea what excessive could ever mean to me."

In all truth, the white alpha was much more concerned with the piece of meat looking to join than he was the piece of meat he offered. His mouth filled with saliva, tantalizing and urging him to snap his jaws into the bit of spine just before the head. Where he could sever it and the body would still be alive but immobile, and he could proceed with the offering. It was something he had not done for far too long, and he was craving that feeling again. But the stronger side - the side that knew that he wouldn't be able to stay with the Woodlands and rule and be near Enia - told him that he couldn't do that. Not if he wanted to continue on like this for a while.

But it was so tempting.

"Very well," he said calmly, betraying none of the fact that he thirsted for the blood that ran red in this newcomer's veins. He stepped back, metallic rose eyes scanning over him. "I am listening."
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir thought he had propably mistaken with the Alpha's identity. This could not be the runt he had met once before, for that wolf was entirely different personality, meek and beaten into submission, even if strikingly similar with the looks. He turned his gaze down to the ground before him, doing his best to maintain poker face he had adopted, not even blinking or moving the slightest when Pax leaned closer to tell Garmir how oblivious he was to... his habits. The earthen male cleared his throat and then inhaled calmly, trying to give his best impression to his potential future alpha. Only if he had known how interested Paschal was in his flesh.

"I am offering myself to become your member. I can hunt and fight and I am not afraid to put myself in line to protect my comrades. I need this because I know winter will be harsh for a lone wolf. You need this because..." -He turned his gaze towards Pax, first staring at his paws until briefly lifting his gaze to meet those curious, rose colored eyes. "...I believe your numbers are small. For what I was able to gather by sneaking round your borders... maybe between four and six members? Even if all are able bodied, I suspect hunting bigger prey might be challenging and good luck trying to catch hares alone when deep snow comes."

"I care not for rank, nor status. I need a home till spring come and until then I pledge to do my utmost to help this pack. Is this acceptable?" His gaze dropped again although he was still eyeing at Paschal, waiting for his judgement. Even as he nervously waited for answer, that itching feeling at the back of his mind kept teasing him. He took deep breath, trying to inhale the other's scent enough to tell if he had met this wolf before. There was familiar taste and Garmir was slowly realizing he was looking at the son of...

Ashram

(This post was last modified: Nov 14, 2017, 09:07 PM by Garmir.)

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Sorry for the hold up you two, thanks for waiting <3 @Paschal is up next

She was quite a distance from the border when their prospective recruit first trespassed onto her land, unbeknownst to the Woodland queen. She was rather preoccupied with other matters anyway; Miccah only seemed to be getting sicker, his cough thick and painful and, even worse, his mind only getting darker. He spend a lot of time sleeping, which was good in the sense that he needed the rest to fight his illness, but she wasn’t so sure on how it affected his mental condition. She tried to talk with him whenever he was awake, did her best to bring him cheery stories, hoping it would help ease him, but it was a tough battle; Not all that much cheery stuff is happening..! The truth was, half the time, she just wanted to curl up beside him and sleep as well.

It was when this gloomy mood came over her that she would leave her husband, give him peace while she went to remind herself what she was fighting for. Trotting along the border, she searched for signs of her children, the sure fire way to relight her passion. But instead, she came across an unfamiliar trail, strange scent marks crossing her border. Tail and ears instantly flicking up, hackles rising all the way along her back, the petite woman turned to follow the trail, teeth bared as she prepared to protect what she still had left. Her steps were quick and nimble, avoiding the bushes and bramble with the ease of long practice, paws falling silently in the wet leaf litter.

And it didn’t take long before she came upon the trespasser, already accosted by her temporary co-lead. The stranger was a little shorter than Paschal and similarly build, though he had the scraggly appearance of a long-time loner. His pelt was darker and more scruffy too, and the eyes had a similarly bright hue, but green; They also looked to be of similar age. On the ground between them lay a hare, seemingly forgotten by both males as they looked at each other, apparently in the middle of a conversation. Aideen wrinkled her brows, coming upon them just as the intruder made his final pitch. Her nostrils flared, copper eyes narrowing as she looked back and forth between the two for a moment, before coming around to stand besides Pax; “And what made you think trespassing was the way to get accepted into my pack?” Her voice was cold, eyes staring down the stranger like he was a misbehaving pup - not the least bit affected by the size difference; “We appreciate proper manners here! What’s your name?”

Word Count: 439

Thoughts "Speech"
Inactive I. Leader
Paschal
For all of his show and bravado and calmness, Paschal actually did not feel comfortable at all with the idea of accepting someone into the pack without Aideen's approval. So he relaxed when she approached, his tail settling into an easy sway behind him and quickening when she responded. Oh, but this had just gotten so much more interesting. It was with a haughty flick of his chin toward the brazen loner that Pax felt comfortable enough with speaking in the situation.

"You heard her," he asserted, backing up Aideen's statement with a tone as smooth as honey. "Manners."

He wasn't entirely convinced that this would cause the other young wolf to be removed from the premises, because the pack did desperately need wolves, but he was sure that this would be a definite bad first impression. If accepted into the pack, Pax had no problem suggesting the rank of lowest for the male. There was something about him that struck the wraith as dangerous, and though he really liked that, he wanted to play with it for a while. If, of course, this wolf was accepted at all.

"I apologize for not chasing him out," he told Aideen then, dipping his head in respect to the alphaess. "However, I didn't feel comfortable making a verdict without your being here. I realize what this must have looked like to you."
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Im keeping their common past as vague as possible and only adding parts we agreed in mail. Feel free to add details that might feel suitable as Garmir's background story is not yet entirely written in stone beyond what we discussed. @Paschal

Up until this point Garmir felt almost sure Paschal was leader of the pack, but Aideen's arrhival and manner in which this snow white male greeted and briefed her told him she was the true alpha - one who would have last call. The earthen male turned his gaze upon her now, his eyes roaming through her features, her body language, ears carefully pointed towards her as she spoke her demand. Paschal soon repeated her statement, one of Garmir's ears flicking towards him as he observed the dynamics that existed between the two. Very well then.

"Forgive me, it has been a while since I last approached another pack. Now... I understand this looks bad... because it really is." -He admitted, his voice apologetic as he tried to explain his actions. She demanded manners and upon seeing the white male dip his head towards her, Garmir remembered he propably should bow to show some respect. He adopted his former pack's royal greething as he dropped his eye to the ground, extended his right fore leg forward, leaning front end of his body downwards and finally pointed his muzzle down, nearly touching the grass beneath him. His maw opened slightly and he made a clicking sound with his tongue - right after doing so looking at Paschal to see his reaction. You have seen this before, have you not?

He kept the current pose for a while longer until straightening up. He kept staring at Paschal, his green eyes burrowing into those pink, curious orbs he had. Garmir had slightest of smile on his face, as if he had just found long lost relative of his. Before the staring became uncomfortably long, he broke the connection and took deep breath, lifting his muzzle up towards sky and staring at the clouds above. "When I was younger..." -He begin, mulling his next words for a moment in his mouth before continuing. "..Maybe half a cycle old, my trainer told we would be visiting our allied packs - all of them - to learn their scents and habits, who the leaders were. Around that time there was a rumour running around.." -Garmir continued with his story while starting to pace little bit to the side to go around Paschal's flank, carefully stepping over the offering he had brought. "Ashram! Ashram had sired a monster, abomonation... pale as the winter snow, with thin legs and eyes as red as blood!" -Garmir spoke, making sure to read Paschal's body language and expression as he continued unfolding his tale for the two.

"I had never seen a monster, so naturally I wanted to. I used to dream about you at night, imagining a wolf with thin spider legs and tongue as long as your tail and gaze so empty one could drown in your eyes if staring long enough. So.. when the big day came, when we were supposed to meet you..." -Garmir ceased for a moment, while taking few more steps towards the white wolf - nothing in his posture showing he intented harm. "..Im sure you can imagine what a colossal disappointment you were. You were not monster, you did not even look odd beyond those strange eyes of yours. I think the real monster was the one telling those tales, making everyone believe you were something.. evil.." -Garmir stopped still at respectable distance from Paschal but close enough for them to be able to pick one another's scents in detail. He took a whiff and indeed could sense familiar taste in his nostrils. Garmir looked over Paschal now at Aideen in turn and smiled, even his tail waving the slightest. "I'm Garmir. Nice to meet you."