530 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel

bring back the fire — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 184 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer
@Sven Guard Dem 1/3

Maera had found solace once in patrolling the borders, making sure that nothing had gotten in that wasn’t meant to be within the lands that were claimed by the Draw. Now, she found it was more to make sure that nothing that was supposed to be inside decided it wanted to get out. Still, she found it helped to calm her nerves, because she felt like she had a purpose, and that for a moment, she was important still. Back when she’d been by herself, or even back when her and Kerberos were still travelling together as loners, she had a purpose.

She’d been the leader, the navigator. She made all the calls, and now it just felt like she took them and followed them without question… it didn’t feel like her. It was just another reason for her to challenge. So she could try and lead, make her own calls, figure out her own strategy and see everything from the top down, and hopefully along the way, just make the right calls. She aspired to be everything Naira and Triell had been before Triell had passed down his crown and Naira had gotten so ill that she couldn’t make a reasonable decision anymore… those were the thoughts that consumed her as she carefully marked the lines of what was now, without a doubt, her home.

(This post was last modified: Aug 18, 2017, 03:14 AM by Maera.)
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
NOTE TO FUTURE SELF: this thread has been dead'd & deemed non-cannon with permission from Namara and Becca on 12/10/17.

He wasn't entirely certain what he was here to do. A large piece of him hoped that it would be @Kerberos he happened into, not only to reunite with his friend but to get his side of the story of what went down with Leotie. Yet he also had a hankering to meet @Naira, to be a little more harsh with his words and demand to know how she could smile into his face then swivel right around and cut Leotie loose for her ties to him. Still, he wished that @Triell would beat him to either wolf, the man seemingly uninvolved in whatever decisions had been made and trusted by the pale Archer to be a calm and unbiased source.

Who he found instead, was the mystery woman that Kerberos called wife. He'd never met her directly before, only catching her strong scent during his visits to the Draw's borders. His silver eyes regarded her warily, but his paws were not hesitant in their approach. She could fetch him her mate, probably the most favorable of the three options he'd been seeking.

Sven let out a soft woof to beckon her attention, tail tip twitching occasionally. It was difficult to hide the irritation living within him. These wolves had done such damage to Leotie, and so unfairly. Had they another side that would unfound his opinions, and prove his dear friend to have a darker side to her? Or were they simply not the friendly, easygoing pack they had presented themselves as?

(This post was last modified: Dec 11, 2017, 12:11 AM by Sven.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer
@Sven Guard Dem 2/3

The scent caught her attention before the soft woof that the alabaster man offered, her eyes narrowing softly. She’d never met Sven, though she’d smelled him at the borders before, and heard of him from her mate… but what was he doing there? She couldn’t help but regard him approach with caution, seeing as she had a daughter protected within the confines of the territory and she’d never been a mother before, it was almost a given that protectiveness would swell in her heart. Still, remembering some of the things she’d said and done while carrying Lacey inside of her, she kept her temperament cool and collected.

“Hello.” She greeted softly, as she made her way closer, though she stuck to her side of the border and her tail raised softly – there were, after all, her lands that she was around. If he was looking for the friendly pack that he thought the Draw was, he picked the strangest wolf to talk to. She wasn’t unfriendly… just after years of wandering, sociality was not her strong suite, and she often left conversations to Kerberos, the bite to back up his bark. Still, she’d try… that was all he could promise. “What are you doing here?” It was a simple question, and the best way she could think of to open up the conversation.

[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer

Sven's pale eyes ran over every lineament of her figure, assessing the wolf as she stood for all that he could glean. Honestly, he'd expect someone who stood with Kerberos to possess a friendlier face, but he was, after all, a stranger knocking at the edge of her stomping grounds. There was little call for a smile, not just yet. Her greeting and the question that followed it were direct, and he did not find this abrasive at all, instead appreciating the brevity.

"I'm looking for someone to speak to," he informed her, leaving out the specifics for now. If this women went and told the others he was here to discuss Leotie's banishment, they may very well decide to simply ignore him altogether rather than trifle with the past.

"Preferably, Kerberos," he then decided. He was only just returned to the Ridge, he would not make trouble for them so soon by riling the Draw's female lead.

"Is he around?"

Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer

It should not have taken her by surprise, the man asking for Kerberos. After all, of the two of them, he was far more comfortable in social situations than she was. She was fairly certain that she was proving that. Although she felt a small chip on her shoulder when he asked for someone to speak to when she was quite literally standing right there, she forced it aside. She didn’t necessarily want to talk to him anyway. She offered a soft nod when he asked if her husband was around, raising her maw and calling for his presence at the borders.

“My name is Maera.” She offered, though she kept her firm and regal posture, head raised slightly. “I apologize if I came off as… cold? Usually my mate is the one who does to talking, and I just back him up… he’s better at making conversation.” She shrugged, knowing her behavior at the borders in the past had been less than stellar, and while she wasn’t growling at him or anything, that didn’t mean she didn’t appear to be every bit the ice queen she had been so convinced that she was back before she’d been scooped up by Kerberos and later the Draw.

[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
Her answer was to call to the man in question, and Sven felt some of the tension ease from his shoulders at the reassurance that Kerberos would soon be present. It was a delicate situation, he knew that, but still the boy wanted to hope for the best. He didn't want to be angry with the Draw for the choices they had made anymore than he wanted to learn something unsavory about Leotie.

His eyes had left the woman for a moment to scan the burnt forest behind her, seeking Kerberos' arrival. When she spoke up, gifting him with her name, his pale eyes snapped back to her. Briefly, a small smile stretched over his lips.

"I know. Kerb has told me about you. My name is Sven Archer, and you won't offend me by simply being direct."

Moments ticked by, and he realized there might be a bit of a wait for the man to make his way to them. While Sven was at ease with the silence, he saw an opportunity that he wished to take to better get to know the woman before him.

"May I ask what your role here is?"