(See All?) Announcements
677 Users Online
Google, Bing

release me from the present — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Think we can start concluding it now. One more post from y'all?

Askan looked down at the rabbit again. A rabbit wasn't much in the dead of winter, but it was the thought that counted- even if it had been Lach's idea in the first place the kid had still followed through. Askan wasn't sure whether filling the ranks with youngsters was such a good idea but...he was family, wasn't he? And he seemed earnest, if not a little nervy.

Winter was as bad as it was going to get-touch wood- so he wasn't too surprised at all these wolves knocking at his door. It'd been the same in the Field as well. But seeing as he was family it gave his words a little more weight. They were practically strangers, yes, but nonetheless, Askan was inclined to believe him. He hadn't lied about his Father, why would he start lying now? And if he so happened to be a slouch, well Askan was prepared to show him the door, family or not.

As to whether his siblings would turn up as well that was to be seen. He'd play it by ear and assume that Reyes would agree with him, he usually did anyway. The massive sap.

"You can stay."Askan told him, his voice firm but not unkind."What do you think Remington?He turned to ask her, she'd been having a nose most of the conversation, it was her turn to speak.

He wasn't going to go back on his word, but he was curious of what she thought anyway.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Switch who has 145 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remington
Guardian Dem 3/3
sorry guys <33
And then you get up and get up and get up again

None of it exactly mattered to her. Just like her own history. But, she didn't tune them out, and she tried her best not to gawk as they exchanged words. Though she didn't doubt Seven told the truth. She had a feeling if he lied it would have been painfully obvious. He really didn't have reason to. No, the young wolf gave Askan the information he needed, placing him as a cousin. So far he seemed just surprised not upset by all of this. Thank heavens for that, she thought. Though she felt a little sorry for the lad. She wasn't sure if he felt intimidated in Askan's presence, or if it was just awkwardness. Meeting a cousin while looking instead for a father and siblings. Possibly having little experience mingling with many strangers in the first place. At least she was their only audience. It wasn't like Askan was being hard on him. In fact just honest, saying he was better off without his father. Or that's how she felt. The yearling seemed a bit disheartened by this but wise to heed Askan's advice. Now she was surprised. He wanted to stay here? She'd been under the impression he wanted to return home. But, he couldn't do that without his siblings.

Askan took a moment thinking it over, soon confirming he could stay. She seemed to blink herself out of a haze as he said her name. He sought her advice, but she saw it more like a gesture of peace. Another step forward in mending their relationship."We could definitely use another honest wolf," she concluded with a smile, eyes wavering from Askan to Seven. He was young, but for whatever reason, she felt like he wouldn't need babysitting.

(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2018, 09:09 PM by Remington.)
[Image: se_by_a_yellow_bird-dc2z4ij.png]
Played by Arla who has 88 posts.
archive here or with yours, @Askan? <3

What if Askan said no? His chest grew tight, his tail flicking nervously behind him. It was quite possible that the yellow-eyed Selwyn could turn the reject Selwyn away—these were his borders after all. Just because they were related did not mean Askan owed the boy anything. He hadn’t even known of Seven’s existence until now. Arriving with nothing but a measly rabbit and a sob story wasn’t going to get him accepted into a pack… he’d barely managed to make himself sound appealing. There was always Hearthwood… his uncle had seemed keen on allowing him to stay if things didn’t work out with his cousin…

You can stay. Wait—what? He shook his head in disbelief, his chocolate eyes widening as he glanced in Askan’s direction. Did he just—did he just say I can stay? He blinked, his brows furrowed tight. What do you think Remington? His ears twitched at the question, his attention swinging over to the girl who had initially told him about both his uncle and cousin. Her response earned a wide smile from the boy, his tail wagging frantically behind him. Th-thank you! He chirped, a wide grin tumbling onto his speckled features. I promise I’ll keep busy ’n do anything I can for the pack! He would earn his place in Askan’s pack—show that he wasn’t all nerves and fumbling words.

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
short derpy post cause im dead

"Agreed." Askan concluded with a nod.

It was settled then, another Selwyn would join his pack. Admittedly, it was a little weird to think of it like that but it was the truth, wasn't it? Seven was a Selwyn, brown eyes or not, and this was his pack. Askan never intended to make it just that...a Selwyn Clan 2.0 but if it did, would it be such a bad thing? Probably. History had a funny way of repeating itself.

Whatever, he wasn't his Father, the Edge Lord had carved out his own course and he would follow it till the end of his days.

"Come on in. I've got some time to spare, cousin, we can show you about."

Fade

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]