(See All?) Announcements
644 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
No matter how much he wanted to just lay there with his friend he did need to get something done. Reid didn't want Lach to think that he had let some lazy wolf into his pack even though the red man had been called that before. Sore muscles or no he needed to catch something and with Sana that might go a little smoother depending on how much she knew about hunting. Would she have been shown a hunt at this point? He didn't know and he barely remembered the one that his family had shown him and his sisters. He vaguely recalled having to get up early and being tired as they watched their family chase something.

He waited for her response not pushing her. Reid wanted to make sure she was able to decide what they did after the other activities without any cues from him. He expected that she would want to show him around the area and some of her favorite spots, instead she responded that they should find a sunny place to nap. A snort of laughter escaped him before he could stop it.

I like the sound of that. He chuckled a grin spread across his face. A nap in the sunshine and here he had thought that they would be traveling all throughout the territory. She had proved him wrong once again.

Alright Miss Sana I guess we better start to getting a little serious or we are going to be trying to find a until night comes and then we won't be able to get that nap in. He told her still grinning as he picked up the pace a bit making sure he didn't go too fast for Sana. It was all his fault that they had been dawdling and he knew it. Reid guessed he should have just gotten up right away as soon as Sana had jumped on him but the chance to tease her had been too tempting.
[Image: upside_down_reid_by_silversnake54-dbvgofa.png]
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana would have continued her efforts to get Reid up but he finally rose to his feet. She'd already thought about where they would hunt and what they would catch. She'd had enough training to know enough to at least get them that far. It was the catching she had yet to do, except for hoppers of course but she thought of them as completely different than rabbits. All they had to do now was get moving. She of course would lead the way since she didn't think Reid knew.

She'd also thought about what to do once they had caught Reid's gift for Lachesis. What better way to celebrate their success because she knew they would he than to nap in the sun? Exploring and that other stuff could wait till later. Once the rabbit was caught and Reid was officially part of the pack they would have plenty of time.

Her tail wagged happily behind her as a smile cross her little maw when he said he liked the sound of her plan. “I think we deserve a nice rest after the spectacular take down that we are going to have,” she said excitedly, “Don't you?”

“Yes we should, the sooner we catch our rabbit the more napping we can do. We can't waste anymore of our day.” She ran a little ahead of Reid as they started toward the river. She stopped though after a short time to let him catch up. “I was thinking this morning that maybe I should stay in the communal den with you until my mum gets back,” she stated, “It wasn't the same last night without her there,” she added her tone becoming more solemn.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
The spectacular takedown huh? Reid's grin grew bigger. He wasn't about to disagree with her especially if he was able to get a nap out of it. I can't argue with your logic on that Miss Sana. He replied easily agreeing. A nap would be a perfect treat for them and then if they managed to wake up before the sunset they could meander around or simply take another nap. One was good but two would be even better.

Yep we definitely have to make sure that we get that nap in. Especially before the sun sets we want to make sure that we get the full napping experience. Reid responded as Sana ran in front of him. He was starting to hear the river now so they must be getting close to it and that meant they were getting closer to that large rabbit that they wanted to find. And the nap, he couldn't forget the nap. It was a very important part of their day.

Looking around he tried to see if he could spot some track or if he could smell any of the little creatures around and so far he wasn't getting anything but that didn't mean that they weren't there. Sana spoke then saying that she wanted to stay with him in the communal den until her mom came back since last night wasn't the same without her there. Reid noted the way her voice had turned solemn on this particular topic.

He wanted to tease her straight away and keep his voice light but she sounded serious about this so his own voice turned more formal. It probably won't feel the same until she returns but you can curl up with me anytime if it helps out Miss Sana. Reid told her and then he went back to a lighter tone of voice. You can get me up when I sleep in too long. Maybe she wouldn't need to jump on him the next time around, but that would all depend on how she felt like waking him up the next time around.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

She would see it now the take down of the rabbit that would secure Reid's place in the pack. She would make sure he caught the biggest rabbit they could find. Of course not, she said with a giggle, I've thought this through very carefully. She didn't have much else to do that morning before she woke the red man up. With her mother not there she didn't have to follow any certain routine not that she had been while her mother had been in her den.

Mum would like you, she told Reid as he spoke about them having to get their nap. She thinks that having a nap is very important for me. So important she stays away for her duties to nap with me. Of course Oksana hadn't been taking her naps and her mother hadn't seemed to notice. What if Inna returned and she had to start taking her naps again? Her mother had to return first and with the days passing and she still hadn't Oksana was starting to worry she might not.

They were getting close to the river now, the little Crow could hear the water rushing. Soon they would be able to find the rabbit and get it daughter and then the day would be theirs. Before they reached the water though Oksana told Reid how she wanted to stay with him on the communal den while her mother stayed away. The pup knew she'd slept in the den alone plenty of times but this time was different. This time her mother wasn't out seeing to her duties, she wasn't even in Hearthwood. It made all the difference.

Oksana rubbed her face into the red fur of her friend as he told her she could curl up with him anytime she wanted. Thank you Reid. I'm glad I found you. Mum will be glad too, she thinks I need more friends. Well maybe her mother did Oksana didn't really know since she hadn't really talked with Inna in what felt like forever. Do you think she will come back? She asked pulling away to look into his face. She smiled though when he said that she found wake him, We can sleep in together. No one was there to tell them they couldn't and once they caught the rabbit Reid would he a part of Hearthwood.

Table by Arla
Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
Sana mentioned that she had thought it through very careful and Reid raised a brow as he looked to her. Just how early do you get up to think about it that much? He asked his voice teasing unless she had actually thought about after he had been accepted into the pack. He knew that he hadn't because he had wanted to make sure that he got a good night's sleep.

His smile faltered as she told him that her mum would like him. He doubted it not when he had plans to chew her out for leaving Sana behind. If she got over that fact then maybe, but he would still have reservations about the woman that was Sana's mother. Trying to cover the moment of silence that he had let slide by he gave a hard nod. Naps are very important especially when you're still growing. I used to take a morning nap and an afternoon nap now I only take one nap if I need it. With how much someone bones changed naps were always a good thing. The red man didn't need naps now but he liked them all the same plus they helped him stay up later once everyone else was asleep.

The river was closer now and after he had told her that she could curl up with him whenever she wanted to he received a gentle headbutt as Sana rubbed against him as she thanked him. Once more she brought up her mother and he suddenly wondered how much she had been pushing down her worry for the other wolf. We can all use more friends it makes the world a brighter place. He responded back as he dipped his head to give his friend a light nudge to the cheek. I don't know you're mother Sana so I don't know if she'll return or not. Does she normally keep her promises? He didn't want to give her a false hope since he had no idea what her mother was like and instead wanted her to go based on her past experiences with her mother. And yes we can sleep in together but not too much or we'll be called lazy so maybe ever other day should be good. What do you think? He would stay up later on the days he slept in. The red man wanted to make sure that his 'trial run' didn't end up with him being kicked out of the pack as soon as Sana's mother reutrned.

At that point he noticed a few tracks on the ground and so he stopped to dip his head and see how old they were. The scent was fresh even though the tracks were a bit blurry. He glanced at Sana. What do you think? He asked wanting to see how much she knew about tracking and hunting in general.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

I didn't sleep very well so I was up real early, she replied to his question. Even when her mother was staying in her den she was still able to sleep next to her. Just Inna being there was a comfort for Oksana but now her mum was gone and she didn't have that. So she'd finally given up on sleep and had ended up thinking about helping Reid with his task.

She felt that her mum would like Reid because they seemed to think the same especially about naps. She would need a nap later after not sleeping the night before. They take away from playtime, she whined but her eyes widened when he said he still took naps. Her mum took naps but Oksana figured that was so she could make sure she took her nap. Are adults even allowed to take naps? She thought they had to always be doing their duties. Her mum was always out working as Inna had once put it so she felt it was something they had to be doing all day.

They had finally come to the river which meant they would have to be on the lookout for the fat rabbit they we're going to catch. Her tail wagged as she heard the sound.of the water, I don't know if I want more friends. My dad was my friend and he went away and Rissy was my friend and she went away. Are you going to go away too? She didn't know why Rissy had gone away and worried that maybe it was something she'd done. What of the same thing happened with Reid. Her father she had eventually learned he had gone away on accident and couldn't come back because of a flood, she didn't know what that was but Inna had said that it was a good reason. Reid asked her about her mum keeping secrets. Mum always does, she says she won't make a promise she doesn't know if she can keep. He didn't know if Inna would return though but she guessed he had good reason since he didn't know her. She was still disappointed he couldn't say for sure, she missed her mum. She nodded at his suggestion about sleeping in every other day, Mum wouldn't like it if we were lazy but I think she would be okay with every other day.

Oksana noticed Reid stop so she watched him as he bent his head to sniff at something on the ground. It was then she saw he'd found some tracks so she went to sniff them too. She could tell they were fresh but she had not learned how to know how fresh they were. I think we should follow them, she told when he asked her what she thought.

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood

She hadn't slept well and now that he had a better understanding as why well he couldn't blame her. If she was so used to her mother sleeping next to her and then she was gone? No wonder she had asked if she could curl up with him. Then we better make sure we get that nap in. He told her with a decisive nod.

Sana went on to say that they take away from playtime and Reid chuckled. Yes they do but you can always play first and then take the nap once you get tired. His tail waved behind him as she questioned if adults were even allowed to take naps. Of course we are but most don't like to admit that we do it. We want to look like we're busy bodies. His head dipped down next to her and in a lowered conspiratorial tone. So you gotta keep the fact that I take naps a secret 'kay. He was teasing her, of course, he didn't care if anyone knew that he took naps and he gave her a wink and a grin to make sure that she knew this.

His heart dropped to his stomach when she told him that she didn't want more friends because they always left...and if he was going to leave to. Leave Sana? Stepping forward so that he could round on his friend his expression was vehement as he met her gaze intently. Sana the only reason I would leave you is if I was forced to or because you don't want me around anymore. You are the most important person to me right now and as far as I am concerned that is never going to change. His voice with filled with raw honesty as he watched to make sure that she understood what he had said before he backed off so that they could continue to find that rabbit.

He continued moving towards the river but he suddenly found it a lot harder to keep his tone light, to put the smile on his face. He did it regardless but for him it was once more a mask. She had said her friend's name was Rissy. He might need to do a little digging of his own in order to see what had happened.

Well if she keeps her promises then she is probably going to be coming back then. He hoped she did and that she didn't. Sana needed her but Reid didn't want her to do anymore damage than she had already done. Sana didn't need that he mused with a glance at her.We wouldn't want that. I just got here I don't want to look bad right away but ever other day should be fine. If not he would make sure to work extra hard when he was up.

Good idea. Do you want to try tracking them Miss Sana? He asked her giving her an opportunity to test herself. He wouldn't mind if she refused though this was supposed to be his 'test' after all.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

She was used to having naps with her mum, it was like something they always did like the talking they usually did before sleeping at night. Oksana wondered what it would be like curling up with Reid instead of her mum. Alright, we should work extra hard to find this rabbit then. She found she was looking forward to it. Since she hadn't slept well she was a little tired and knew she would only get more tired.

She supposed he was right about naps, it's was what she'd always done. Played before then took her nap, then played some more before going to bed for the night. That’s what mum made me do or I would play until I fell asleep. Then she's usually curl up wherever she’d been playing and nap until she woke up to go play again. Why Is looking like a busy body so important? What's a busy body anyway? Reid was certainly full of all kinds of fun facts and even better he didn't seem to mind her questions, she had a lot of them.  I promise I won't tell, she said when he told her she had to keep his nap taking a secret.

She admitted to him she'd never admitted to anyone, that she didn't want to make new friends. She was afraid they would go away. She was even afraid that Reid would go away but he wanted to make it clear that he wouldn't. She looked up into his eyes as he spoke telling her he wouldn't leave her and how important she was to him. I'm glad I found you Reid and I'm glad you came back to Hearthwood with me, he said as she pressed her face into his chest.  She believed him, that they would always be friends. She didn't have to worry about him going away.

She had told him about her father and Rissy and it was nice to have someone she could talk to about all the things that was upsetting to her. With her mum gone she hadn't had anyone...well there was uncle Lach bit he was busy and she didn't want to bother him. Now she had Reid and she knew this would be a good thing for her.

She explained to the red man how her mother had always kept her secrets before she'd gone away. He seemed to think that she would come back since she had always done so, Good, I don't want her to go away too. The pup didn't know what she would do if her mum never came back and it was something she didn't want to think about. No we don't want you to look bad but we can talk to mum when she gets back andale sure she's okay with every other day. He said he thought it would be fine but she thought it best to check with her mum.

Oksana nodded at his offer, Mum taught me to track a little before she got sick and couldn't teach anymore, she explained before putting her nose to the ground and searched for the rabbits scent. She quickly found one that she thought would lead them right to a rabbit and started following it through the trees.

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood

His friend had been up since how knows when so they needed to make sure that they found that rabbit, sooner rather than later. He didn't want Sana to get too tired as the day went along. Of course that would mean that she would sleep better for the nap but a nap was supposed to be just a nap. It wasn't supposed to take the place of a good night's sleep.

Reid had told her that adults wanted to look like busybodies and she questioned what a busybody was and why it was so important. The red man hummed thoughtfully. A busybody is someone who is always moving and doing something. They seem to always be working on some project or another. He glanced at Sana to make sure she was understanding. Most packs don't like wolves who just lay around all day and don't do anything to help the pack overall. That's why its good to look like your working on something. Patrolling, hunting, scouting, those are some of the things that you can do to keep busy. Lazy wolves can also be looked down upon by the others in the pack. He had personal experience with this subject. So they can get teased and even bullied. If your lazy and in a higher position in the pack you're probably going to get challenged as well and lose your rank. That hadn't happened to him but he had never held a high rank so it hadn't really been an issue. He glanced to Sana again. Understand? Had she understood everything he just said with his unintentional lecture or did he need to go over some of the points again?

He had told her that he had no intention of leaving her and every word he spoke had been the truth. He might lie but to Sana? She had trusted him and he wasn't going to break her trust especially with her mother being absent and little word of her father. His friend pressed herself against him saying that she was glad that she had found him and that he had followed her to Hearthwood. The red man dipped his head to pull her closer in a brief hug before letting go. They still needed to find that rabbit. I'm glad that I followed you to Miss Sana. He responded warmly.

It also looked like her mother didn't tell lies to Sana so that was the one thing that they had in common and he wasn't keen about having similar aspects to the faceless woman who would just leave her kid behind. We can check but for now why don't we just go through with it and see how it works? If we feel like we're looking too lazy we can push the naps further apart or find a secret napping spot. If they found a hidden spot then they wouldn't look quite as lazy. Sana pulled him from his thoughts saying that her mother had taught her some before she got sick. He waved his tail as he tipped his head. Alright then lets if you learned enough to find us a rabbit.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Maybe after they had caught the rabbit Oksana would feel more like taking a nap but just then she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep. The pup had too much on her kind to even think about sleep just then.

She'd never heard the word busybody so she couldn't help asking Reid what he had meant by it. She listened as he explained and decided that her mother had been that before she had gotten sick. He also explained why it was so important for them to look busy or to keep busy. We don't want the pack to think we are lazy. I don't think Uncle Lach would like that very much. She knew very well that her mother wouldn't like it if she were seen as lazy amongst the pack. I don't know if they would bully us. Wait what is bullying? She hadn't heard that word either so she had to ask.

A big smile crossed her features when he said he was glad that he had followed her to HR. She was also glad to know she didn't have to worry about him leaving her. What was even more of a comfort to her was the hug that he pulled her into, she let him and relaxed against him. Friends forever, she said her tail wagging.

The little Crow nodded at his suggestion since it seemed a sound one to her. She didn't think they would get into too much trouble if they were only caught one time. I really like the idea of a secret napping spot. Just yours and mine. She didn't want to share her sleeping spot with anyone but Reid. She also told him how her mum had taught her some things about hunting and tracking. I will show you, she said excitedly as she set to looking for a trail to follow.