(See All?) Announcements
523 Users Online
Chan, Bing, Google, Nia, Riven

In Ruins Now Lies She — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
So, I had a few plans for her trip which sadly ended up falling through, so this would be backdated a good deal - but we're keeping the timing loose, though this should be considered before @Miccah steps down. Primarily for him, but tags for @Enia & @Adimar as well

Her paws were aching, having walked much farther than they’d gotten accustomed to over the past years. Still she moved through the Blackberry Fields and into the Thicket at a brisk trot, eager to finally get back home. She’d been gone for far too long, and with so little to show for it, yet, it had been good for her, put a lot of things in perspective. Now she longed to see her family again, guilty for leaving her sons for this long; I hope they can forgive me..! But their sisters and Miccah would have taken good care of them, they were in the safest paws and secure within Secret Woodlands, or so she thought.

Coming upon the borders, she hesitated for a moment, suddenly nervous how they would react. Then she took a deep breath, raising her head to call out a short message: “I’m home!” Before stepping over the borders, striding back into her pack. The crunch of fallen leaves under her paws, smells of herbs and wet underbrush filling her nose, bringing a soft smile to her lips. Yes, she was home, and it filled her with a warm bliss unlike any of her adventures had. This was her Thicket, her Woodlands, and she wouldn’t trade them for the world.

Word Count: 214

Thoughts "Speech"
Played by Arya who has 11 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adimar Athesila

Gnawing on his antler shred, the quiet boy laid along in his secret tunnel den within the thicket. He frequently stayed within his den for hours at a time since Bero's disappearance. Perhaps he thought if he listened hard enough, he could hear his twin brother coming back home. Meir though, as much as he wanted, couldn't cross those borders. He feared he would never come back again.  

As he was reminded his mother was gone as well. Though, she told them of her trip and that she would be gone for a while as she scouted the Lore. Adimar wished she stayed home, perhaps Bero would still be here with them. A call rang out though the thicket, his mother was home! 

Bittersweet as it was as he may have to tell her about Bero, the Athesila twin bolted from his hideaway and ran as fast as he could through the thicket until he collided with an embrace around his mother. "Momma, I missed you!"  

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila

Gods, how long had it been now since he had last slept? Not the few minutes he got here and there, but actual rest? The pack was getting smaller by the day, members seeming to leave every day. Yet, who could blame them? When their king had failed them? He had tried. He had tried so fucking hard. Keeping up with the borders, hunting for his children, trying to spend time with the ones he had left, keeping his pack from the very edge of ruin. And where did that leave him? That damn dreaded cough had begun to return, but it only appeared it seemed when he was resting or those few moments he had to himself. So, he just kept on moving. Miccah knew this wasn't the healthiest choice, but what other option did he have?

He was...he was losing hope that Aideen would ever return to his side. To their children. To their pack. He was the sole king. His children were young, and his members few. However, not only was his health failing physically due to the stress...but so was his mind. How many times had he seen Nina now, seeming to be by his side as if she was still breathing. He had kept, at least this part of himself, under strong lock and key from his children and pack. No one could know.

The call brought him out of his thoughts. It took him a moment to place as his wife's voice. It...it had been so long. The ache in his chest that never really seemed to disappear grew stronger. How would she react to him? He was not the same man she had left. Would she still be angry at him?

There was only one way to know, so he made his way to the borders. As he grew close, he stayed close to the shadows to simply drink her in. His blue gaze barely strayed as he heard his son call out to her and the dark king momentarily flinched. His son wasn't the only one. Slowly moving away from the shadows, he walked toward his child and mate. "Me too," his voice a gentle, hoarse rumble. Gods, how he had missed her.

"speech"