(See All?) Announcements
643 Users Online
Google, Bing

push it and push it until my luck is over — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nuru who has 76 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Neko Inali
The Black Cat held her head up and her ears perked and let her tail gently swish behind her as she listened to The Red Hound describe the treasures he sought. “You say this elder stick comes from a special tree. Perhaps a box elder tree?” she suggested. She hadn’t seen a box elder tree since she was a pup, and she was pretty sure she hadn’t seen anything even remotely similar near the fields. Still, it was just a game, so that shouldn’t matter.

Kasai’s mention of ‘the river where the waters can heal any sickness’ gave Neko an unpleasant memory of a pond that contained what she believed to be holy water, but to her relief, that was one thing she had not found around the Fields, but she saw no reason to dwell on that. “And perhaps the stream that flows through our land is connected to that healing river,” The Black Cat suggested. “and maybe this pelt of invisibility comes from a chameleon. That’s a lizard that changes its color to blend in with its surroundings, so it can easily hide anywhere.”

The Black Cat stood up and stretched, then walked three tight circles around her spot before laying down again in the exact same place. It was not something that Neko normally did, but she had seen felines do the same thing before. “Perhaps after you’ve rested from your journey, I could help you look for these treasures. There might even be some other treasures to be found along the way. Would you be interested?”
Played by Grey who has 46 posts.
Inactive III. Yearling
Chimera "Kasai" Avalon
Kasai's head tilted upon learning that an elder tree - namely a "box elder" tree - was an actual thing in the world. Why hadn't he ever thought of that? Stick. Branch. Tree. Duh. His tail wriggled as Neko told him that the river within the Fields was potential place for the life stone. Then, upon hearing what a chameleon was, the boy's jaw went slack. He had never thought of a creature that could change colors; once, he had dreamed up a trickster that could change shape and form, from wolf to bird to frog to fish and back, but never an actual animal that simply camouflaged by the shifting of its natural hues. He considered that maybe Neko was telling him the truth, but for now it would be taken as fantasy. He'd have to see it for himself.

As the Black Cat stood up and turned about before laying again, the Red Hound dipped his muzzle downward in thought, wondering now just how feasible the feat of finding all three treasures were in the real world. If the chameleon was real, then perhaps there was a chance that they were...

Neko's voice drew him back to attention and his eyes flickered to where she had settled beside him. "Would you be interested?" For dramatic flair, the Red Hound thought a while longer, head canting to other side and then back before leveling again. "I believe I would," he smiled. "I'd be honored to embark on a quest with you. Maybe sometime after the moon grows full again?"
[Image: E1D7USP.png]
we can be blue as a neon light, singing them sad love songs all night
Niles is currently traveling with Chimera and may hop into this IC thread!
Played by Nuru who has 76 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Neko Inali
Neko watched with some amusement as Kasai responded to her stories. She couldn’t help but love both his imagination and his enthusiasm. Of course she didn’t expect to ever find a stick with magic powers or anything like that, but perhaps he would be just as interested in some of the things that were out in the real world.

When the Red Hound said he would be interested in searching for treasures with the Black Cat, she returned his smile and gently wagged her tail as she said, “The honor would be mine, Red Hound.” She raised her head and added, “I shall look forward to it.”

With that, Neko stood up and stretched and yawned. She wouldn't be mourning the departure of Reyes and Askan today, but it was just as well. She certainly missed them, but like the rest of the pack, she would need to move on without them, and the time she spent with one Drestig and Jessie’s quickly growing pups was valued in its own right.

After stretching, she shook herself vigorously, then spoke. “I shall take my leave of you now so you may rest from journey. It was a pleasure to speak with you, Red Hound.” She trotted away following the same trail she had taken to get there.

Exit Neko.
Played by Grey who has 46 posts.
Inactive III. Yearling
Chimera "Kasai" Avalon
With as much reciprocated grace, the Black Cat wagged her tail. Though, as often as his meetings were enjoyed with other mystical beings in his imaginary world, their time together was drawing to a close. His head leveled and he looked over the golden fields one more time; it would quite possibly be a millennia before he ever came back to this very spot or see her again. He nodded at her as she prepared herself to leave, bobbing his head a couple more times as she announced her departure.

"Safe journeys."

Then, she was gone.

Kasai remained there for a long while, thinking up the grumpy uncles' den had become. Time had been kind to it even if there were very few other beings for it to harbor, but on that note, he decided it was his time to get up. He stretched out the digits on each of his four paws and reached out to the sky with his red crown tilted back. He grinned to himself and shook off the reverie that lingered, blinking now to acknowledge a sky that would soon find an actual setting sun.

In the real world and in real time, he had probably only been there for a few minutes, lost in thought but not yet prepared to head back to rejoin his siblings. He blinked; he was ready now.

"Neko?!" Kasai called out, his youthful voice and tail lifting high in the air. "Neko! Wait up!" He darted along her trail, eager to spend more time with her on her walk.

(Exit Chimera.)
[Image: E1D7USP.png]
we can be blue as a neon light, singing them sad love songs all night
Niles is currently traveling with Chimera and may hop into this IC thread!