799 Users Online
Bing, Google

Hit The Road Jack — Edge Stone Pool 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
For @Aegir

It had been two days since @Cyril and his mother @Piety had been kind enough to let her take refuge with them until she was stronger and could travel back down to the Ridge. She was itching to get better and thus had been sleeping and snacking away the better part of the past two days. But still there was only so much lounging the Archer girl could do before she was fed up with it. She felt bad for mooching off of the pack and thus she’d gone to the pale she-wolf and told her of her plans to go hunt small game to bring back and to stretch her legs. She promised she would stay where she could see the Monadnock then set off on her quest.

Adeltra found the lowlands kind of...boring. There was nothing to hide behind, nowhere to brush up against or shield you from the cold winds. She felt naked out in the open. How her paws itched to be back in her homeland, to have the willow tendrils tickle her back and nose and feel the soft grass beneath her paws. As she was moving along she almost didn’t notice the sudden dip in the ground until it was too late. Stopping just short of the edge she stared down in wonder, auds cupped forward to watch the new mystery that had unfolded itself in front of her. It was beautiful! The waterfalls seemed to fold in on themselves one after the other into infinity, cool spray drifting into the air and clinging to the ends of her dark hairs. She had no interest in taking a dip in their likely frigid depths but she was surely keen to sit and enjoy the view for a few moments.
(This post was last modified: Nov 15, 2017, 11:33 PM by Adeltra.)
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by Alice who has 70 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aegir Sørenson
Trust your heart if the seas catch fire
Aegir Sørenson

After a little while of consideration Aegir had concluded that he didn't like this place.

What was he supposed to do with all this wide open space? How was he supposed to slink about in the shadows and strike unseen? There were plenty places to fish, be it at the lake or the few ponds that dotted the land,but in his-not so-humble opinion flowing water was always better than still. Honestly, Aegir didn't know why his draconic band hadn't yet moved on. What was keeping them in this place? Gent? Aegir doubted that.

It was so frustrating for the Little Dragon-who wasn't so little anymore. There were no adventures to be had here, nothing exciting to catch his eye and his attention, there was nothing but rocks, rocks and oh look, some more rocks.

He skulked along, wondering if he could find anything that would amuse him, even if only for a little while when he spotted something, or rather someone. Aegir didn't have any friends his age, the one time he'd tried to befriend someone they'd just thrown it back into his face.Stupid bird-poop face. Aegir hoped he  was miserable, that they regretted being so mean to him. But all of that aside...from a distance they looked as though they were the same age. They were walking along with a spring in their step then he blinked and they were gone. Vanished right in front of his very eyes!

Aegir blinked once, then twice, before he broke out into a sprint, his paws thudding against the thin layer of snow. How the hell did they do that? And more importantly, could they teach him?

"Hey!"He yelled, rushing towards where he'd seen the stranger last.

[Image: aeggydragon_by_becuffin-dblk66e.png]
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
They didn’t have anything like this around the Ridge, at least not that she’d seen. She thought it would have been quite cool if they had. A place like this would make a great spot to play hide and seek or go swimming. Well, the girl would have to learn how to swim first but that was another matter. She was sure she could learn quickly, it couldn’t be that hard right? Still she wouldn’t test her thoughts in that moment, she could tell the water would be frigid just from the spray. 

The thudding of paws caught her attention, head turning to look in the direction it was coming from. Apparently she had learned something from Cyril’s little scare. She squinted, amber-yellow gaze narrowed waiting for the figure to come into sight and when they did boy was it a sight to see. A boy roughly her age was careening toward her, lengthy body and gangly legs eating up the ground and fiery golden eyes planted on her. She rose to her paws, brows raised in surprise but a grin on her lips. Adeltra didn’t sense anything malicious from the other even with his fast pace. “Watcha running for? Someone chasing you?” She called, head tilting to look past him curiously.
Played by Alice who has 70 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aegir Sørenson
Trust your heart if the seas catch fire
Aegir Sørenson

Careening to a stop, Aegir's hopes of learning to teleport vanished as soon as he laid eyes on the girl.

Oh...She just stepped down an embankment? Well, that wasn't fun at all. He frowned as her words reached his ears and felt the disappointment hit him twofold. Like she had to rub it in his face. With an irritated flick of his tail, Aegir turned his attention to the white blur of falling water. It would have held his interest better if he wasn't so sulky, but as things were the pool earned nothing more than an internal 'huh.'

"Naw."He eventually said, as he stepped a little closer so they could speak without having to yell over the rush of water."Thought I saw somethin'. Didn't. Who er you?"

Even then he was as tactful as his Father, something that probably wasn't going to change anytime soon. Much to Kyri's dismay no doubt.

"Yer from these parts?"He asked, eyeing the dark girl up and down. What did a local look like anyway? White like Gent, or different? Before she could even ask the same of him he cut to the chase. "M'not. Jus'...Wanderin', I guess."

For the longest time he'd been fine with it, had thrived on the sense of adventure as they pushed onto the unknown. But these days even the Little Dragon wanted something a little more, though he couldn't quite work out what.

[Image: aeggydragon_by_becuffin-dblk66e.png]
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
He seemed to go a little sour when she called out and her grin faltered a little bit but remained firm. Had she said something to offend him? The dark girl hadn’t meant to sound pestering, she had just genuinely been wondering if he’d been being chased. But, his answer made it known that no such thing was happening. And it seemed he had an interesting accent! She’d never heard anyone talk like that before. “My name’s Adeltra Archer. What’s yours?” she replied. 

The other boy seemed to be full of words which excited the girl. She liked wolves who could keep up a conversation, the social butterfly that she was. When he asked if she was from around there she thought maybe it was a northern thing, his accent, but then again Cyril and Piety didn’t talk like that. Then he said that he wasn’t from around there either which made more sense. She shook her head, “I’m not from around here either, I’m from the south. I got lost for a couple months after a big storm, but a nice pack from around here found me and says they know where my home is. They’re going to take me back to my momma and daddy soon.”

She looked him up and down. For someone who was wandering he definitely looked in better shape than she was. More muscle and strength than her sharp bones and hunger. “Are you wandering with someone?” she asked.