(See All?) Announcements
522 Users Online
Bing, Google

share the same space for a minute or two — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He had to admit that she did have a fair point as to why Tagg wasn't leading next to Moonshadow. The dark man shrugged, “He would have to challenge me if he wants to become alpha. I was second in line when the alpha male decided to step down. So either he doesn't think that he will be able to beat me in a fight or he likes things the way they are.” Kajika didn't know what the real reason might be as to why Tagg hadn't challenged him but Tagg wasn't currently in the cove so he didn't have to worry about that.

Boredom wasn't an answer he'd ever heard to that question but he would take it. “So why leave in the winter and not the fall or the spring?” There was another question that was hanging in the air in his opinion. “Do you think you will stay in the lore long?” He couldn't help but be curious about this since he rather hoped she would be around for a long time, maybe even decide to join the cove someday.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Truthfully, she didn't like the answer given but she had asked so she had to accept it. Liking things the way they were seemed strange. Birtie did not think she would be rather content in this unnamed male's situation. But she dropped it at that. No need to go poking for wounds.

If I waited till spring I might have died of boredom and the boredom wasn't as strong in the fall. She didn't even know if one could die from boredom but some days she swore it was. Rank challenges only do so much for me. Her shoulders gave a gently shrug as she clambered to her paws.

His next question caused her to hum in thought. Not sure. Suppose that depends if I find something worthwhile. It was an honest answer. Birtie would have no problem disappearing if this placed to be as boring (or even more) as her homelands. Got any suggestions on what I'm to do? The large female was all ears considering she hadn't made a plan.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika hadn't really ever given much thought or worry to Tagg challenging him but now as he spoke to Bir about it he wondered if he should be. Surely the Tawny man would want to lead next to his wife and create a legacy for his children. He didn't think Tagg would betray Jim in such a way but he also didn't think it would hurt to be prepared for such a thing to happen.

He nodded when she explained why it had to be winter, “It sounds like a get out while you still can sort of situation.” He didn't think he found blame her for that but it did lead him to wonder about her loyalty. “Have you been in many rank challenges?” He was now curious what her life had been like before coming to the lore.

“I guess that would depend on what you consider to be worthwhile.” Was she just looking for a simple existence where she found be left alone or had she come looking to make a life for herself with love and family. Perhaps maybe she was just looking for something that was more challenging and kept her on her toes. “Survive the winter is high on the list,” he half joked since he knew that wasn't what she meant. “Are you ready to settle down or are you wanting to explore some more?”

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

I've been in enough. It was a vague answer but an honest one. Three in a few months had been enough to shake things up back home. Birtie had made it obvious that her goal had been power or at least, it had been before the boredom settled in. She wondered what they were thinking back at the Coast at her disappearance.

She gave a soft chuckle. Yeah, while death by winter sounds exciting I'm not sure I'm ready for that. It was a bit of a blessing she hadn't already lost some toes or even her nose through her travels from home to here. Is that you asking if you can take me home? A brow raised sharply above grungy yellow eyes as she faked a shocked expression. But she relaxed her features before laughing, letting the large male know she was just pulling his leg.

Her survival rate went up if she settled down for the harsh seasons. Birtie would have said spring was around the corner but she couldn't be positive of that statement with how things looked. You willing to cut a deal with a loner?

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The more he learned the more he wanted to know. A few wasn't much of a description and it left out the biggest question of why? Was she an ambitious one or was she the one being challenged. She was an interesting one but he didn't ask more about the rank challenges, that could get saved for another day after they had sparred. “It's good to have the experience,” he stated knowing all too well that it was an important piece of knowledge to have.

“I'm not sure any of us are,” he surely knew he wasn't ready for a death by winter. At least she'd made it this far so it looked promising that she would make it all the way through. “Hmmm, it could be.” Kajika realized right away that she was pulling his leg but at least the thought was out there hanging in the air between them.

His brows rose at her question. She was proposing they make a deal, he had no idea what this deal could be. “I suppose it would depend on what the deal was,” he stated, “Whether or not I would be willing to make it.” He wasn't going to make a deal about giving her food for the next year but he felt something could be worked out. He wanted to hear what she had to say first.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She appreciated his ability to take a good joke, a bad one even. Birtie wasn't trained in the art of comedic conversation.

I'll stick around your pack, do my job whatever it may be but, She paused, letting her gaze settle on his features. you let me scout about the area and see what this land has to offer. Her shoulders rolled easily. He didn't have to accept it for she knew it wasn't exactly her place to be making the deals but if he was going to hear her out she'd speak freely. We can always work on specifics to the deal later if it catches your fancy. The faint hint of a smile broke across her neutral features.

Certainly this would be interesting.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

She had piqued his interest in the mention of a deal but he couldn't imagine what this girl had come up with.

He listened as she proposed her deal and when she had finished he gave it some thought. Moonshadow was not going to like the decision he was about to make without her. Perhaps he was also being a little selfish when he finally made his decision but he could see how her offer could benefit the pack. Settling his gaze on her he finally spoke. “I accept your deal.” They would have plenty to talk about later in regards to the specifics but for now that was all she needed.

Fade