(See All?) Announcements
589 Users Online
Bing, Google, Hazelnut, Sage, Mouseling

ghosts — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Oh, so Askan was wrong then, he wasn't just some random from the middle of nowhere. It took a moment or so but a look of recognition flickered onto the loner's face, but soon enough it was replaced by something derisive, almost frustrated. The Selwyn tipped his head, about to ask what had gotten his tail in a knot before he explained on his own volition.

Deadbeat father huh? If Askan had his way then they would be few and far between, parents would actually do their damn jobs and raise their kids rather than let someone else come along and pick up the pieces. Which wasn't to say he resented Hawthorne or Sachiel he just...how hard was it to take responsibility for your actions? To have some damn self control come spring? His lips curled back into a disapproving sneer as his whiskers twitched if anyone in his pack tried anything funny he'd throw a damn fit...or toss them into the lake to cool off, either or.

"That's what I said, isn't it?" He rumbled, his eyes squinting into thin slits. "Why, what of it?"

Askan had already concluded that this kid wasn't the worst but...that didn't really say much in the grand scheme of things? Being unawful wasn't exactly high praise, if he wanted to get anywhere he was going to have to be a little more blunt. There was no use prancing about with small talk, no one asked questions unless they wanted to find something out. Askan would play along, to an extent but he wasn't going to offer the loner the world on a platter. If he got annoying Askan would let him know, probably quite loudly too with even more squinting.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Nova who has 28 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Idris Lockelake

A swift click of his teeth as he thought over his very limited range of options, including options that weren't even options yet. Idris, however, had no choice and would need to figure out if he wanted to move on or see what was here. Clearly it had held his father's interest so why not stick around and see what he could come up with? Who knew, maybe he'd end up better and more prolific here. It wasn't as though he had anything to lose and he doubted his father had come back - it wasn't exactly loyal to anyone but himself.

I don't suppose you've got a place for me? Bravely asked and without even a though of being turned down, for he was sure he could find somewhere else to rest up if this supposed leader didn't want an extra mouth to feed. Idris didn't know the first thing about his pack, or even his name, yet the dark knight was willing to bet that he'd be just fine. He had never had any issue blending intoi his surroundings but it was easier to convince himself he belonged than it was to convince someone else.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

This kid didn't beat around the bush, Askan could respect that. It was miles better than the alternative as he had no patience for taking it slow and steady when he had more important shit to be doing. The Edge Lord's ears twitched at his question as he side eyed him with a fair amount of interest. There was room, that wasn't an issue, but did they have a place for him? A slot for him to fill?

"It depends on what sort of person you are."Askan said after a brief moment of consideration. "See, I've been burnt in the past, I have no interest in wolves who are looking for an easy ride. If you don't pull your weight you're out, do you think you could handle that? Not too much pressure?"He asked, knowing full damn well he wasn't asking for much.

These days he was hesitant to take a loner's words at face value. Lenka had insisted she wasn't going to ditch them, but where was she now? He hadn't seen her or even caught a whiff of her scent in days. After she'd made a big fuss, got all insulted when he had said as such...If she came back she better damn well have a good excuse or she was out on her arse.

Still, he had a hunch that this one held promise. That he probably wasn't a complete waste of Askan's time, though he supposed now time would only tell. Perhaps Askan was just a bad judge of character, or he'd just been unlucky. Either or this was a trend he wanted to break sooner rather than later.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Idris Lockelake

More things that he had taken after his father was that he didn't like delaying the inevitable or keeping coy. In fact, he hated when folks didn't just get straight to the skinny. It made for bad taste. While Idris hadn't exactly been looking for a place to join and connect with, he also had an undeniable curiosity towards the place that his father had touched with his dirty paws. An insatiable need to be better. And, as a bonus, he supposed he liked the ashy brown stranger in front of him.

What classifies as pulling my weight here? Hunting, gathering... entertaining? Idris hadn't been very old when he had left Valentine's Keep and they didn't exactly let him do much other than watch the adults hunt from time to time. Wherever this fellow's pack was would need to be laid out a little bit so Idris knew what to do, when to do it and how to do it correctly.

In good honest truth, Idris was sure he could figure it out as he went but he still didn't know the pack's name or this fellow's moniker. He was still a simple stranger that held something that Idris suddenly felt inclined to want.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Fade with your next post?

It was a good question, one that made Askan purse his lips in thought.

"Hunting and patrolling the borders are always a good place to start. If you're interested in serving the pack in some other way I'd be willing to hear you out." Though he couldn't think of anything off the top of his head Askan was sure that there were plenty of ways to help further the pack, aside from the obvious. "Entertainment isn't really something we need, most should be able to amuse themselves, right?"

The Edge Lord realised he hadn't offered the loner his name, that wasn't really out of the ordinary, but he supposed he should get it out of the way sooner rather than later. Especially if the yearling really was going to join up.

"Askan Selwyn, leader of Shallows Edge. And you?" It was about time they got the introductions out of the way, so that if he did appear at the borders then he'd know who to call for.

Askan had no intentions of holding his hand and leading him to the Shallows. The kid had a task to tend to first, one that even he wasn't excused from. Turning away, Askan looked to the north for a moment- to home- before his gaze flickered back to the yearling. He should have no problem with this, it wasn't like he was asking him to move a mountain.

"Before anything though, if you really want to join go find something for my caches and call for me at the border whenever you're ready. You should be able to find if yourself, if not follow my trail." Askan said as he turned to leave.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Idris Lockelake

Hunting and patrolling were tasks easy enough that a monkey could do it but Idris would have to work for now. Perhaps once upon a time in the future he would inquire as to what other tasks were available to him but for now, he simply wanted to secure himself a place somewhere. This pack that the stranger had would be a good place to start in the very least. For the pack's sake he hoped that they knew how to amuse themselves but he was always there. He could be funny if he needed to be.

Finally, though, Idris was offered some names. Important names that made this whole idea much more clear to him and certainly more available. Idris, he introduced since it seemed appropriate that Askan Selwyn know who he was recruiting. Though, he wouldn't be able to offer anything more than just Idris. Just Idris. For now, perhaps soon he would be able to say of Shallows Edge but he had to do a task first. An easy one but one nonetheless.

Find something to fill a cache, that should be simple enough, right? Hunting wasn't so bad... was it? Idris would make a fine example of a hunter. Sure, he replies without any hint that there was anything wrong with the idea of a hunt. A hunt that would be one of his first as he was still learning and couldn't grab anything much bigger than a rabbit maybe. See you soon, then, Askan. With a confident nod of his head, he turned to try and track something down so that he could fetch his master future leader some grub.

fade idris