(See All?) Announcements
519 Users Online
Google, Bing

i waste all this time trying to run from you — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 88 posts.

Talking about his home—about his mother—made Seven miss the north even more. And his siblings. But this was part of growing up, wasn’t it? Forging his own path, searching for his birth father, seeing new (and kind of exciting) things… it was what his mother had wanted for him and his siblings. To escape the reserve and see what else was out there. He’d never dreamed of leaving the silver fence before, as he’d been convinced there was nothing but bad on the outside, but his mother had encouraged him. Nicander and Melia, too. But they didn’t need as much convincing as Seven, for they had been eager to explore the outside world.

His ears leaned toward the older Selwyn as he spoke of Lachesis, earning an amused smirk from the younger male. That was some tooth rotting shit, I tell you. He couldn’t stop himself from snorting in amusement. It was evident that Askan and his uncle were close, which made the yearling quite happy. It meant he’d probably get another chance to go north and visit Lachesis—as long as he brought some food (or information) back with him, of course.

A frown graced the smudge’s lips at his cousin’s response. He didn’t seem keen on talking about the Selwyn mountains, which made Seven immediately regret his question. Maybe it was a sensitive subject—maybe something awful happened there. Why else would have Askan left the mountains and wound up here, in Relic Lore? The peppered yearling swallowed, growing uncomfortable as he shuffled along beside his leader. What was it like? He asked, his tone softer than it had been before. What did it l-look like? He clarified, for he was not interested in the past. Seven did not plan on venturing toward the mountains that had birthed his father. He’d never done anything for him, or his mother. There was no reason for him to visit. 

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
lotsa speech incoming

Askan pursed his lips at Seven's questions. What was it like? What did it look like? Even know he could remember it so clearly, vivid, as though he had only just left home the night before. Even if he tried he would never be able to forget, nor in all honesty did he ever want to. He resented living in the past, he had everything he needed in the here and now, but it was all he had left of his family. Forgetting it seemed wrong, as though it was Savion's late victory. So he held onto the memories and kept them close, but hidden for his mind only. Except now Seven wanted to know, anyone else and Askan would have dismissed the topic with a grimace, might have even bared his teeth. But for his cousin he would try.

"Have you seen the Mountain of Dire from a distance? Tall and imposing, like it was reaching for the sky. It's like that. To the south, there's a gateway, sort of. A split in the mountain, but once you scale the slope the ground levels out a bit, like the tundra to the north, but not so vast. Less level too. No matter which way you look there's grey stone on the horizon, keeping us safe, remote from the outside world. It's beautiful, epic really. And it was ours, the whole mountain range. " He smiled faintly, sort of amused that his ancestors thought that was a thing they could do. Not to mention that they'd actually succeeded. "Some parts were supposed to be too dangerous so scale, that never stopped my sisters and I. The world looked so small from Angels Peak, kind of reminded me of our place. That we're insignificant in the grand scheme of things, really."

(This post was last modified: Mar 07, 2018, 06:34 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Arla who has 88 posts.
wrap up w/ yours? @Askan <3

The peppered yearling was oblivious to any disdain the older Selwyn had toward his homeland. It was curiosity that fuelled his questions. The same curiosity that had pushed him to leave the reserve (along with a few gentle nudges from his mother). The feral world was still a frightening place, mostly because it was so big, so Seven liked acquiring as much information about it as possible. Mostly so he knew which places to avoid. He was quite fond of the Lore so far, and did not know if he would stay here (like his uncle) or eventually return to the north. Seven did not have any desire to visit the mountains his cousin was about to describe. Not after Askan had told him previously to not bother looking for his father. He would still have to confirm the change of plan with his siblings, to make sure they were all on the same page. At least Seven had found some of his relatives. That was better than nothing.

He listened with patient ears as the older Selwyn began to describe his birth home, his muddy gaze sweeping over to watch his facial expression. Askan spoke fondly of the place, despite the memories (good and bad) tied to the mountains. It sounded magnificent, certainly worthy of a visit, but not anymore. Maybe Seven would never meet his father, and that was okay. Maybe he wasn’t supposed to. What would he say, anyway? Why’d you leave mom? Where’d you go? Did his father even know he had sired children? It didn’t mattered. Smudge would cross that bridge when he came to it.

Sounds beautiful, he mused in response as his gaze returned forward, his nostrils twitching as he studied the different scents on the wind. There was something up ahead that made his mouth water. I think there’s some deer ahead, he added, flicking his muzzle in the direction of where the scent was coming from, wanna check it out? They could hunt, maybe, or at least track the herd. Feral stuff.

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan hummed in agreement. It was, but not anymore. Nothing- not even his homeland- could retain its charms after all the shit that had happened. If a pack decided to try and claim it as their own then they were welcome to, Askan didn't think they would last very long. The Mountain had a way of weeding out the weak, pushing those who didn't belong away....Which was probably why Askan was here, rather than there, dead and rotting in the ground.

He hadn't noticed the deer up ahead, but the prospect of a hunt was more than enough to clear out the thoughts that clouded his mind, impaired his judgement.He breathed in deep, studying the scents as he titled his head, curious. He wanted to see how his cousin would fair on a hunt and this was the perfect opportunity to do that.

"Sure." Askan agreed easily enough."Show me what you can do."He said with a grin.

Fade

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]