(See All?) Announcements
360 Users Online
Bing, Google

I didn't mean to go away — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri finally made it back. @Viorel @Archer and anyone else.

She didn't know how she'd let it happen again. The Slayer girl had gotten lost again in the snow. At least this time she'd managed to not get injured which she supposed was due to the fact she hadn't fallen. It had taken her some time but she'd finally found her way back to the backwater.

She was so happy about it too because she'd really missed Archer. She just hoped he hadn't moved on in her absence. She didn't really know what she do if he had.

When she finally come into the forest surrounding the backwater she could feel her tummy fluttering with butterflies. Why was she so nervous all of a sudden?
Her pace quickened to reach the border quicker. When she finally came to it she called out to Viorel, he was who she needed to speak to first.
Played by Ghost who has 631 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle

And just like that it felt like everyone had started to come back to them, it couldn’t have been very long after Sharlee had arrived that another familiar voice called. The Valle man was shocked and could only stand dumbfounded for a moment eyes staring up at a cloudy sky. Had all of his worrying actually worked to start bringing back their missing pack members? Were they all bringing themselves home where they belonged? He could only hope so, hope that Nix, Eros, and, well, he wasn’t sure how he would feel if Vanadis reappeared.

Then he realized that he wasn’t dreaming and that this was real life and that he needed to get moving. His smile was wide by the time he got to Kateri, and he moved forward to embrace her warmly if she would let him. His voice was light, lighter than it had been in a long time, ”Oh Kateri, I am so happy to see you back here in one piece.” So many terrible things had happened, the weather had been awful, her own father had fallen to a cougar. But, here she was, safe and sound.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 336 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Each call at the border sent a thrill through Archer and his paws turned to run every time before his brain caught up and he realized it wasn't Eros or his ma. He missed them both terribly and worried constantly. He should have insisted on going with them... he knew more about healing than Eros did and he could be helpful if they found Ma hurt. He'd never been able to tell his littermate no, though, and thinking about all the shoulds wouldn't change the fact that he would have done as asked of him every time.

Today was different. Today, when the call rose over the backwater and Archer leapt to his feet, he gave a short pause before allowing himself to break into a sprint. Screw dignity, screw reservation; Kateri was back! Her disappearance had made everything so much harder, since nobody knew where she'd gone. At least they had a vague idea with his mud brothers, and Sharlee and Vayko had already returned. Kateri had been a mystery and he hadn't even been able to go up the mountain to see if she'd simply gone home. But here she was again.

Archer only slowed enough to avoid knocking his friend over when he bowled into her, energy embodying his brother's enthusiasm for once. "You're alright!" he said, embracing Kat tightly and completely ignoring his Da. Kateri was back; that was the important thing right now.

Archer is very haggard and thin; it is obvious he is not doing well.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
In the past months the backwater had become her home. She was welcome there and felt wanted. Though she did miss her mother and Nash often she felt they were better off not having to worry about her. The Vuesain girl was worried though that because she wasn't part of the family in the backwater she'd be turned away.

Those worried were clearly unfounded when Viorel appeared with a wide smile on his face. The warmth that went through her at seeing that was almost overwhelming. "I'm so happy to be back and yes, all in one piece this time," she said half serious and half joking.

As much as she'd hoped that Archer would come to greet her home Kateri was worried he'd be mad for leaving him. Again she was surprised by how wrong she was when he appeared and immediately embraced her. She relaxed against him. "A little worse for wear," she spoke against his fur.

She took a deep breath before pulling away to look at Archer. "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen," she explained looking between the two Valles. "I got turned around when the storm hit. You both have to know that I'm happy here in the backwater with you," she said her gaze returning to Archer, "If you'll have me I want to come home."
Viorel Valle

The leader was not surprised that he and Kateri had barely gotten two sentences out before Archer joined them. He stepped back to allow his son to pass and embrace the other teen, and only jokingly cleared his throat after a moment or two. It reminded him that he should probably be talking to his kids about the birds and the bees. They were after all the same age that he was when he had conceived them…. God, how young they all were.

Now was not really the time to reminisce and his tail waved behind him joyously at her next words. He nodded enthusiastically, ”of course you can come home. We wouldn’t have it any other way,” he looked across to his son, ”Right, Archer?” This moment was so exciting, so many moments had been recently. If only they had any idea what was to come. Glancing back at the dark teen he teased, ”But maybe we start only leaving the territory using the buddy system, eh?” Maybe then they would all get lost a little less often.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Archer didn't really think his Da would turn Kat away, and was not disappointed. He felt his dad's words and smile might have been a little meaningful but chose to ignore it; he didn't know what it might mean, anyway.

"Right." He nodded firmly, tail flipping behind him as he nudged Kat. He resisted rolling his eyes at his da's note of the buddy system, but only just barely. They weren't puppies anymore - but there did seem to be a pattern of pack members getting lost so he didn't argue.

Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Viorel's words brought warmth to the Slayer girl. It was easy to feel welcome because of the two Valles who'd come to greet her home. They helped her to feel that the Backwater was now her home and she'd made the right decision to come find Archer. Kateri went over the Viorel and gave him a wolfish hug. "Thank you so much." She told the older man before stepping away. "That means a lot to me," she added.

It wasn't lost on the Slayer that she seemed to have a tendency to get lost. She hoped that she wouldn't have to do this again. It seemed that Viorel had the idea of keeping it from happening again with his request. Using the buddy system when they left the territory. Kateri looked sheepish for a moment before looking to Archer, "Agreed and I've already got my buddy," she stated.
Viorel Valle
Viorel's exit

Viorel really shouldn’t have been surprised that Archer didn’t have the time of day for him now that Kateri had returned them. He only had a single word for him even. Kateri was a little more chatty and was able to pull herself away from his son to give him a friendly embrace for a moment. He returned the hug before stepping away with a large grin covering his salt and pepper face.

Everyone was coming home.

Well, almost everyone, but now was not the time to dwell on Vanadis and where she might be. At her last sentence he cleared his throat again and nodded, ”Well, I will leave you two buddies to get caught up. But Archer, you come see me tomorrow alright?” He couldn’t put off the bird and the bees talk much longer and that was clear. He had already promised his litter to Sharlee who had now returned, and Vayko was clearly….in some kind of a relationship with Clover. There were to be no mistakes this year, and that would need to be made clear.

Smiling at them both one more time, the leader turned and disappeared into the territory with his tail still waving behind him.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Kateri was quickly accepted home and Archer grinned at his da, tail slapping the ground as he sat back to give his friend space to greet the leader herself. "Alright, da," he said, not giving the meeting much thought as his da wandered away. Archer looked back to his 'buddy'.

"I don't know about you, but I'd rather stay in the territory for a while," he said. He didn't much care to get lost right now - or ever. He loved his home, even if he had been prepared to leave with Eros and start their own pack. They hadn't discussed it in a while, but it was clear that plan was at minimum stalled. "Lets go find something to eat, yeah?" He nudged her shoulder again and headed off toward his favorite cache.

Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
She was home, back with her surrogate family. When she'd come to the Backwater she hadn't known how much it would mean to her. Now it was where she felt she belonged. She didn't ever want to leave like that again. With one last request of his son Viorel headed back into the territory.

Her attention turned back to Archer as he spoke. "I think that's the best idea you've ever had," she told him smiling. "I don't think I'll be wandering very far for a long time." After her adventure, if that was what one wanted to call it, she wanted to stay home with Archer. "That might actually be your best idea," she said bumping his shoulder playfully before heading into the backwater.

Fade
(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2023, 01:10 AM by Kateri.)