(See All?) Announcements
681 Users Online
Google, Bing

I would walk 500 miles — Fool's Gold Chasm 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
For @Leo and anybody else involved in the sitch :) but no random loners arriving please. Shoutout to @Enera and @Luca
Dated to 1/11

Upon hearing of Leo's situation Nash had wasted no time. He got Armand food and explained to @Aquene and immediately headed down the mountain to retrieve his guardian. He would carry the boy back up on his back if he needed to - he would not abandon him beyond their home. Leo had become like a son to him, even more so after Aleister's death. Nash hadn't expressed this to anybody as of yet; he didn't want them to feel he was replacing Al. he'd already taken over leadership of the pack, already sired two litters, and many of their founder's family had gone from their lands for unknown reasons - while Nash's own family remained.

Yet Leo had proven loyal and hardworking and had continued to care for the pack's younger members with fervor. It was something one did not stumble upon every day. Leo was hardy and proud and Nash would do everything he could to make sure he knew exactly how valued he was.

Nash hadn't been down this side of the mountain in some time, but somehow he managed to find his way to the former Chasm territory. He tilted back his head and called, hoping desperately that Leo was still here.

(This post was last modified: Jan 15, 2024, 03:47 AM by Nash.)

Played by PuppyThief who has 153 posts.
Sanguine Cove VI. Guardian
Leo Vuesain

Leo was miserable! His leg was not getting any better, still numb and useless, he couldn’t even help hunt to sustain himself as he waited for help to arrive. It was horrible! He hated being helpless, hated having to wait, knowing how badly he had messed up, and how disappointed Nash was sure to be. Meanwhile, he was reliant on the kindness of Enera and her friend, aid he might never be able to repay – and that he wasn’t sure he really deserved.

At this point, he wasn’t even sure he wanted anyone from the Cove to come for him, his thoughts having spiraled into dark depths of guilt and self-loathing over the past weeks. Perhaps they would all be better off if he stayed here, away from the pack on the mountain; I can’t protect them anyway…! At least this would have been the last time he let them all down.

Despite this abject despair, the sound of a familiar voice made Leo’s ears perk, head jolting up as his heart clenched. As hurriedly as he could, the young man lurched to his feet, limping out of the darkness of the den to meet his alpha. He was fully prepared for any judgement the dark man may deign to pass, expecting disdain, if not outright dismissal. But that didn’t change the feeling of comfort in his heart as he laid eyes on the man who had become as a second father to him. Moisture glistened in the corners of his eyes, voice hoarse as he spoke: “Nash! I’m sorry.”

(This post was last modified: Jan 29, 2024, 07:31 AM by Leo.)
[Image: FFeXvE1.png] [Image: LuHJBlS.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

He could smell them here, Leo and two others, and it did not take long for his packmate to appear. Nash was not prepared for the poor shape Leo was in - was not prepared for the tears in his eyes and the apology that immediately fell from his lips. The leader strode quickly to the young man and sniffed him. He wasn't sure exactly what to look for, but he was reasonably sure infection had set in. Aquene would know for sure.

"Leo," Nash said, relief evident in his voice. "I've got you. I'm here to bring you home, you're going to be okay." He stepped to his side, offering himself for Leo to lean his weight against. He brushed his nose over Leo's head, offering a couple licks of comfort, just as he would with any of his own children should he find them in distress. He looked around, sniffing the air again. Armand had said he didn't notice Magg, but that didn't stop the leader from hoping his daughter had simply lagged behind. "Where's Magg?" he asked.

Played by PuppyThief who has 153 posts.
Sanguine Cove VI. Guardian
Leo Vuesain

He’d never felt so pathetic in his life. Even when his mom left, despite being just a pup, he had put on a brave face. But standing here now, weak and miserable, all he wanted was collapse against Nash’s chest and hear the adult tell him that everything was going to be alright. Just for a moment, he wanted to be a kid, free of responsibilities.

Briefly indulging that pathetic impulse, Leo leaned heavily against Nash’s offered shoulder, closing his eyes as he accepted the man’s comfort. If only he could have stayed like this, a child in his father’s embrace, but alas, he wasn’t.

The question sent a jolt through the boy, making his body stiffen. He’d been hoping so hard, wishing with all his being, yet those two words shattered all his faith. Pulling free of the protecting hold, he looked up at his leader with sagging ears, voice very small as he asked: “She… She’s not at home?” It had been a desperate prayer, he knew that, a last chance that she had found her own way back, unharmed, and he wouldn’t have failed completely; But I have…!

[Image: FFeXvE1.png] [Image: LuHJBlS.png]