(See All?) Announcements
527 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel

i'll just avoid the holes so you sleep fine — Paradise Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 160 posts.
Sanguine Cove XII. Lowest
Magg Eastfall-Slayer
The waiting was awful. It was only the fear of hobbling for the rest of her life that kept her obedient to her uncle's instructions, but she couldn't help wondering if maybe that would happen regardless... The limb still ached deeply and could not be used, and while her sides had filled back out with care and she felt brimming with energy, she didn't feel as though she were making progress.

She tried not to let her frustrations show, but every day it was harder. The Falls were having their own struggles, but still she couldn't help but feel that getting word to her parents should be more of a priority. Every moment they didn't know was an opportunity for the villain to strike again. He'd tried to kill her, she was certain of it by now, who was to say anyone else would be lucky enough to survive his efforts?

A huff of air was pushed from her maw, sending leaflitter and dust rolling. Her mom would have known what to do...
(This post was last modified: Jan 23, 2024, 05:21 AM by Magg.)
Played by Sunshine who has 88 posts.
Sanguine Cove X. Subordinate
Galen Vuesain
Spare a couple adventures outside the territory it wasn't often that Galen was found far from the mouth of the den where Magg was currently holed up during her recovery. With no medical knowledge under his belt and only the fancy mumbo jumbo terms her uncle tossed about during his checkups to go off of, the swarthy boy couldn't tell heads from tails how long her recovery would take before they were safe to make the trek back up the mountain. Regardless, every day that passed was a day less they could get word back home to warn the others.

The sound of a huff from within the den caught the attention of one of Galen's ears, twitching in the direction of the sound before his head lifted from where it rested on outstretched paws to gaze into the darkness of the den. "You good, Magg?" He called out, knowing fully well she indeed wasn't good given her current condition. At least she had managed to put back on some weight which was a relief to her shadowy companion.
Magg Eastfall-Slayer
Galen's voice was right there to pull her from her thoughts. Magg lifted her head, but didn't immediately respond. She didn't want to bother trying to lie to her closest friend, but also didn't want to confess the truth of not being good. Instead, she opted to skip the step entirely and give voice to what specifically was on her mind. Or some of it, anyways.

"... I'm worried about everyone."

@Diantha could be out looking for them, or even young @Eclypse. No one was safe, it felt like. The whole Cove needed to be on alert. At least until they tracked the guy down and she got to stand on his neck... She thought a moment, then chose to grit her fangs and heft herself forward, until she could rest her muzzle at the den's threshold and feel fresh air against her face. Taking a few breaths, she confirmed it was just them.

"I hate that they haven't sent anyone yet."
Galen Vuesain
Attentive as ever to the woes of his best friend he listened intently to the silence that initially followed his posed question before finally she conjured up some form of answer for him as to what was currently plaguing her mind. She was worried and he knew she had every right to feel such. Den bound far from home when a possible killer was on the loose? Why wouldn't she be worried and in truth he was right there with her on the subject.

It was the shuffling of something heavier than leaves within the den that had Galen's ears pricking before his full attention settled on the tawny face that emerged from within the darkness of the den's opening. "Magg.." He whispered sternly at first in warning, ready to stand and stop her if need be should she dare to move any further. While he may not understand the medical aspect of things, he did however understand what not using your leg meant.

Once she laid her muzzle down he relaxed again, allowing his head to once more rest comfortably on his paws despite the less than comfortable topic at hand after making sure it was only them around. "I know.. I get they got stuff going on here, but we can't keep waiting. They need to know back home."
Magg Eastfall-Slayer
Magg had trusted that Galen would understand. Even if he didn't have his siblings to think of, the Eastfalls and the Cove itself were still significant to him. Right? Apparently, more so than they were to her own uncle. Irritation passed clearly over her features as she thought of Chan, a scowl pulling at her lips. He might not be the leader, but he was plenty high enough in rank to do what was needed.

"I don't know what to do. All I fuckin' have is my voice, now."

It came out heated, and before she could stop it. Her ears were crimping downward and her muzzle wrinkled, the picture of a miserly teen.

".. and what's cussin' someone out gonna do?"

She'd been trying to get the importance of this across, and all anyone seemed to have was platitudes. It obviously wasn't enough, but what would be?
(This post was last modified: Jan 31, 2024, 03:13 AM by Magg.)
Galen Vuesain
No amount of understanding of their current predicament nor knowing her bubbling anger wasn't directed at him could have prevented the backward sweeping of his ears hearing the heat and disdain that laced her words, Galen's sides heaving and deflating in the same moment to release a heavy sigh that sent the debris at his paws tumbling forward in a mini tornado. Where was Magg wrong, though? Much like his companion he was out of ideas and yet he felt his voice was even lesser given his lack of familial connection here.

An idea struck.

"What if.."

Galen paused to mull over his spontaneous idea a few seconds more, partly preparing himself for the response he expected to receive. "What if...I go?" They had both managed to put back on some much needed weight and as much as it pained him to use such leverage over her he had the ability of full mobility. The truth would hurt nor did the yearling want to leave his friend behind, but what other option did they have at this point? Someone had to get word back home and the hospitality of the Falls was appreciated, but nobody seemed to care enough to do anything. Galen couldn't keep waiting anymore.
Magg Eastfall-Slayer
'What if...'

Her brown eyes slid back onto his face without lighting up, waiting for the idea first. Part of her was anticipating what he'd say, the thought having occurred to her as well. Once Galen got it out, clearly experiencing reluctance about the idea, she felt the knot of emotions in her chest seize and ache.

It made sense. It really did, but, there were so many reasons she didn't want him to. Magg couldn't suppress a deep frown, and she covered her dial with her paws to hide any further twisting of her features. She didn't know what to say, didn't trust her voice nor her words, and so she didn't respond at all.

She didn't want anything to happen to her family, especially if she could have prevented it. The thought of Galen leaving hurt just as much, though. What if he didn't come back again?
Galen Vuesain
Her silence was deafening.

No amount of preparation in the moments prior was enough to dull the sensation of a hot knife driving itself into his chest watching the girl's features contort so deeply into a frown that could only mean her disapproval of the idea. A heavy sigh that had wormed its way into his lungs during the silence was gradually released while Galen slowly shifted himself to lay at an angle toward her so that his head could rest upon her own. He could only imagine the thoughts running rampant in her mind right now granted his less than clean track record of sticking around, hoping to some degree his presence now would alleviate some of the weight, some of the damage he had caused prior.

She had to have known just as much as himself this was probably their best, if not only option at this point as much as the thought of being away from her caused his heart to beat anxiously in his chest. The words alone left a sour taste on his tongue, having liked speaking it aloud less than that of rotted meat.

In the back of his mind a distance voice from their childhood echoed.

We're going to make it, no matter what comes our way.
(This post was last modified: Feb 14, 2024, 06:06 AM by Galen.)
Magg Eastfall-Slayer
Magg heard him move and felt the gentle, comforting pressure of his muzzle atop her crown. She wriggled a touch closer, enough so to hug one of his forelimbs with her own and bury her face into the silken fur at Galen's throat. Still hiding, but embracing his presence with deep appreciation. It took a few long moments of simply being before she could compose words for him.

"I... I don't want anything happening to you. This all started with an avalanche. What if... what if you get buried or something, and they don't even know to look for you?"

It was a solid reason, a possibility that genuinely scared her to think of. It still wasn't the primary reason, though. That, she still kept to herself. Magg had always refused to wear her heart on her sleeve, keeping it safely locked inside instead.
Galen Vuesain
Galen allowed himself to dwell in the silence that clung onto the air between them for a few moments. In that time his lids fell to a gentle close and he simply existed with his best friend, listening to their gentle breathing due to their close proximity and the general hubbub of the communal area for the pack until Magg broke the silence. A single ear rotated sideways to signal he was listening, gradually opening his eyes yet keeping the presence of his muzzle upon her crown until she finished getting out what she needed to say.

"Magg.."

He started softly while slowing lifting his head in order to bring it down to bump his forehead against her own affectionately, allowing the golden hue of his gaze to lock onto her muddy brown to also serve as his way of acknowledging the concern and fear she expressed. After his own extent of silence following her moniker the swarthy yearling pulled away slightly, the tawny girl once more receiving his entire attention. "I can't lie and say those aren't good points you make, but its a risk we might have to take." He paused to steal a glance and ensure they still were alone before continuing, voice hushed low enough for just her ears to hear. "Who else will go if I don't since they have yet to do so.."

"I..I don't want to leave without you, though. Knowing you're here while I'm out there it..I'd be too distracted, too worried." Anxiousness had his chest fluttering once more.