(See All?) Announcements
657 Users Online
Bing, Google, Finley, Sophrosnia, Chan

Sanguine Cove
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Creed Coldheart
Approximately 1-2 weeks in Row
Prompt: The mountains still have a thick trail of smoke in them, and the plants further from the shoreline seem to be drooping or dying. A pack's borders still remain heavily marked at the edge of the lake and you can still hear the water gently lapping. You howl to announce your presence, and perhaps present a gift to show your seriousness in the pack. An ebony wolf greets you with a warm smile. "You called? How can I help you?" It is up to you to make your case now.

Response: Climbing the mountains had taken him longer than it should have, the snow perhaps to blame. He'd bedded down multiple times to take cover and rest throughout his journey. His days were spent exploring the mountain and scavenging for food, hunting when given the opportunity. He'd been drawn in by the lake, the frozen waters broken up in some areas where it gently lapped at the shore. He'd approached cautiously to quench his thirst. It was his first time seeing the lost lake and as he glanced across he was vaguely reminded of his childhood home. The familiar scent of wolves reached his nose and he was turning to follow it to the source. It didn't take him long to find the borders, lifting his muzzle skywards to call out.

A dark man greeted him, smiling, and Creed nodded his head. His tail held respectfully as she brought his large form to an awkward submissive stance. Haunching down wasn't the most comfortable thing for a wolf his size and he refused to fully grovel in front of the stranger. "Yes, I am looking for my mother...and a place to rest. I've been on this journey for a while. Her name's Tulip Dayheart, maybe she's passed through here?" His deep voice lacked emotion as he spewed out the practiced lines nonchalantly. He didn't think he would find either of his parents at this point.
He shouldn't be surprised that they were coming more often now. It was the thick of winter and if they'd strayed up the mountain on their own... well, he would want someplace to rest too.

The man didn't sniff around the bush and immediately got to business, speaking his mother's name before his own.

Nash's ears involuntarily dropped. "Come in," he said. "There's someone you should talk to."

Accepted