428 Users Online
Bing, Google

A Woman's Agenda — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 127 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok
some fairy tales are more than true

Sage was generally a busybody, but ever since @Eros had given her a challenge a fire had been lit underneath the female. She was gone a lot during the day, tracking nearby herds and learning their patterns. She'd memorized two of the three needed at this point and had confidently reported such to her leader during progress check-ins. When she was home she was busy fishing, resting, and practicing her hunting skills on rabbits. Whenever someone was available and willing, usually Eros, she'd take them along to hone her leadership skills. Supringly enough Euna had ventured out with her a few times. It was challenging, with all the backtalk, but their teamwork improved the more they worked together. She tried Sonnet once, but the pup couldn't be coaxed out of the den. Truly a pity...given she'd found her. Viorel didn't.

The woman sighed at the thought but pushed it away. Today she was investigating a new wolf. He hadn't been here long and greetings were in order. The opportunity to drag someone new along in her endeavors only encouraged her as she followed the winding scent through the pack. A pang of guilt as she crossed paths with @Oleander 's scent. She'd been so busy of late...she hadn't seen him much. Things had left off a bit weird with her confessing her feelings, and then taking his rank. She missed her pale medic and his lovely golden eyes.

Sage followed the scent to its source, letting out a bark to announce her presence. She thought to lower her head for a moment, then remembered her emerging status in the pack, instead lifting ever so slightly. The dominance was subtle and foreign to her. She smiled, "Hello, I'm Sage, welcome to the Backwater."

"She speaks" She walks She thinks

Played by becca who has 14 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater VI. Subordinate
Achille Pascal
A young voice reached his ears as he finished a scratch along a tree.

His olive gaze turned to catch sight of her head lifting back up from a drooped position. His eyes blinked slow but warm. He could not help but feel a soft welling of humor in his chest. Eros had made the warning clear. Now here had come a woman to greet him among the first few faces.

Perhaps he should have excused himself right away, but that seemed crueler than intent.

"Achille Pascal." There was a gentle tip of his head but it was not from submission, only manners. "I thank you for your welcome. Have you been among the pack long?"
" a-sheel pas-kal "
achille's name is the french pronunciation and the faintest accent tinges the edges of his words
Inactive V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok
Sage wagged her tail, returning his introduction with a warm smile. "Hervok." She added her last name since he'd included his own. Its value had been fading to her. Her father's surname hadn't fit her, she never felt like she belonged in his pack, and her mother's maiden...it was just that. Her mother's maiden name. She knew nothing of her lineage outside of who resided within Evergreen Glade.

She merely nodded at the thank you, instead choosing to answer his question, "I've been here about a year now. I left my birth pack around my birthday and spent my adolescence here." She was open with the man, even though he was a stranger. Something that would not have happened the year prior. She was blossoming in the Backwater.

"I came to see if you'd like to go on a hunt?" The bold question brought forth the familiar sensation of anxiety in her belly. It was calmer than in times past, but every now and again, the prickly sensation would emerge.
[Image: SWS_MostLikelytoGetTogether_tri.png] Dead Empress Backwater [Image: SWS_MostEndearingMoment_tri.png]

Achille Pascal
It was a standard story, but one he was grateful to hear.

It would always be important to learn about others and build these bonds with them. While he had left home a bit later, he imagined their stories to be rather similar. Youths prepared to take on the world. Only now he was a man ready to leave his mark on it. He knew better than to think he could have it all.

"What do you have your teeth set upon today?" His features warmed further with a smile and polite nod of his head. If she wanted to start to guide them then he would be happy to follow her lead.
" a-sheel pas-kal "
achille's name is the french pronunciation and the faintest accent tinges the edges of his words
Inactive V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok
SAGE HERVOK

While awaiting his reply Sage took the opportunity to give the male a curious once-over. He was taller than herself, and she couldn't help but wonder if Ollie or him were the larger wolf. Unlike her he was stocky and she wondered if he would make a good guardian for the pack. His markings were peculiar. She found herself distractedly following the detailed lines before returning to his olive eyes. Had she looked too long? A sheepish expression flashed across her face. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

His question brought upon the girl her error, she had not come prepared. Attempting to brush her mishap under the rug she answered casually, "Nothing in particular. I figured we could track something down together." It did give her an excuse to hone her developing tracking skills. She took his gesture as an invite to initiate, turning to lead the way while sniffing the air.

[Image: SWS_MostLikelytoGetTogether_tri.png] Dead Empress Backwater [Image: SWS_MostEndearingMoment_tri.png]

Achille Pascal
He had not missed how her gaze had lingered and roved.

For perhaps the first time, he had not wished to be looked at in such a way for so long. Eros' warning was still freshly stamped in his mind. The last thing he wanted was for the leader (either really) to think that he had immediately broke word and law.

He was all too happy to ignore it, to carry on with hunting instead.

"I am new to the area as a whole," He offered warmly. "Perhaps you will share what lives in these lands for hunting? So that I am better prepared."
" a-sheel pas-kal "
Inactive V. Subordinate
Sage Hervok
SAGE HERVOK

Sage's fascination had been far from attraction, her one-tracked mind was settled on hunting. Had she not been so thoroughly wrapped around the task she might've recognized his good looks.

"Ah" She responded with a thoughtful curl of her brow. "I am more of a fisher, but hunting comes with the role. I'm a student." Her explanation was given as she walked, "So far I've mostly seen deer and rabbits, but there are these funny-looking things. They are closer to the mountain areas. I try not to go too far from the pack, or too close to the mountain wolf's territory." She glanced over to him, "I recommend avoiding them." The death of Eros's sister still haunted her mind now and then. She'd been present when Archer broke the dreadful news.

"I was thinking we could do some tracking, and see where that takes us. I'm admittedly inexperienced." She searched all the while they talked. After a few she was confident that they were on the trail of an animal, motioning her muzzle down to the small tracks. It was larger than that of a rabbit, and far from the hooven shape of a deer. Something new.

"SPEECH"