(See All?) Announcements
652 Users Online
Finley, Bing, Google, Sophrosnia, Chan

Dead Empress Backwater
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Character name: Nia Hervok
How long your character has been in Relic Lore: Less than a week
Taking place after this thread: https://relic-lore.net/showthread.php?tid=22317

The walk back was short, but the tension made it feel longer. She eyed @Oleander as he departed her side to wait in the tree lines. She wanted to go with him but didn't feel right leaving her mother at the border alone. She lifted her muzzle and called out for an alpha. Quickly explaining when one arrived, "This is my mother...my birth pack disbanded." She wanted to say that her mother was old and needed care, but that felt disrespectful. Instead, she'd cast a glance in the side of her eye at the frailty of her mom before returning her gaze. Hopefuly the subtle cue said it all for her.
Nia bowed her head respectfully as the leader approached. They had not waited long, and for such she was grateful. Promptness in a leader was a good sign. The scenario felt foreign to the fallen matriarch, a few months ago she'd been the alpha. Nia had been the Glade's leading woman for over a year...now here she was. Suppressing the feelings, the woman introduced herself, "Nia Hervok. I have many skills from my younger years of travel." She waited for the man's decision. Or if he'd prefer more conversation before making up his mind. Her eyes drifted to her daughter, then the ghostly boy, before back onto the leader's paws.
[Image: Nia.png]
Eros had heard someone call for Sage, and was already traveling toward them, making it easy to arrive swiftly after his friend's own howl twisted through the air. @Oleander was off to the side, and something about him felt prickly. The alpha eyed his brother a moment before regarding Nia, Sage's mom. All kinds of family were coming and going, weren't they? Eros honestly would have expected more to be said, but he felt confident in chalking up Sage's few words to the pain she had been in since the start of March. His eyes softened as he looked upon her, wondered if perhaps she needed more medicine.

"Welcome, Miss Nia," he gave her a smile and wagged his tail, motioning with his muzzle for them all to come in.

If Sage had brought her here, she must be vouching for her, and of course he would not strive to keep her parent from her.