Google, Baidu, Bing

bring the lion out — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 101 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater IX. Subordinate
Asmund Ingerssen Valle
rank challenge for @Anatole.

I'M STILL BREATHING, I'M STILL BREATHING
(I knew what I wanted, I went in and got it, did all of the things that you said that I wouldn't)

Just a couple days difference, and yet it had affected his ranking. The last of the May babies to age up, Asmund now found himself at the bottom, save Eros' yearling cousins. For most of his youth, he had been happy to be forgotten about, to hide beneath everyone's expectations. Being lowest had suited him. Now, though? Asmund had grown, was still growing, and the bottom of the dogpile did not afford him the proper space to continue.

He was not lesser than others. He was the adoptive son of the alpha, and it was time he started acting like it.

Anatole seemed to be most often found outside of the territory, pursuing the duties of his role. Asmund had paused briefly at the edge of the Backwater's territory, memories flashing through his mind and heart quivering with fear. He had not defeated it, but rather had found a way to make space, a piece of himself that he was slowly figuring out how to close the door on when needed. With a huff, he pushed past the invisible boundary and continued after his goal.

The picture of a determined predator on the outside, an absolute livewire internally.

He picked up his agemate's scent and did not have to follow it long. When he appeared before Anatole, it was with a raised head and suspended tail.

"Hey. We need to talk." Only a brief pause, and then he would get to the chase, "I want my rank back."

(I told you that I would never be forgotten, and all in spite of you I'm alive, you took it all but)
I'M STILL BREATHING, I'M STILL BREATHING
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Rank Challenge Defaulted

Given there has not been a reply in over 7 days, this challenge is defaulted to Asmund's win and ranks will be changed accordingly. You are both more than welcome to continue this thread, with the necessity that it ultimately aligns with these results.