(See All?) Announcements
592 Users Online
Vanadis, Google, Bing, Baidu, Sophrosnia, Finley

There's an art to life's distraction — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 18 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Juniper Leigh

The Leigh woman made her way through fields and trees, across rivers and glens, up and down hills. It was a real adventure and she had accomplished it almost entirely on her own. She couldn't wait to find all the important things, to make her way to the old Oak Tree Bend site, and Quaking Vale after that. But first, she had to find her way out of this god foresaken forest.

It took a while, much longer than she would have liked, but once she'd cleared the trees and made it to the foothills of the mountain Juniper gave a celebratory hop. It had taken forever but she was finally here! Finally almost to her first destination! Things got a lot trickier from here because the landmarks were harder, easier to miss, but reaching the mountains had given her quite the boost of confidence. 

Played by becca who has 132 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

Adora felt uncertain.

She had not committed herself to the Cove but she had not left either, had she? Stayed in the area, hovered along the pass. As if she might find whoever had sought to harm Magg. Maybe that was why she honed in on this woman. Tall and beautiful, seemingly excited about something. Adora had not thought this face looked like someone who might have intentionally harmed another. Then she wondered who did. Would the ill intentions seep through onto another's face? She doubted it.

Hello, She called out with a polite, smaller smile. Not many I know are that excited to see a mountain...

Lone Wolf No Rank
Juniper Leigh

The woman's presence came as a surprise, but a pleasant one. Juniper was always want for company, and this was no exception. Her tail swept out behind her, level with her spine as it swung from one side to the other, as an easy smile crept across her maw. "Not many you know have travelled so far to find it, I'd wager." For Juni had come a long way. "I'm looking for some old places." Places that this woman seemed far too young to be able to point her in the direction of. "My mom was born here, and I've always wanted to see it." And though she'd tried it before, the Leigh had never been able to set eyes on either the old Oak Tree Bend site, nor that of Quaking Vale.

[Image: Untitled-1.png]
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

The intrigue seemed to only build. Admittedly some part of her fretted that this might be another Cove wolf. Maybe separated by tragedy or had gone off in search of better things, like Adora had tried.

I'm a local, She admitted delicately. As if it was a grand secret (or worse yet a crime) to be born upon these lands. Not here exactly, on the mountain soil, but she had spent perhaps as much time on the peaks as she had in the chasm. Maybe more? She tried hard to not consider that fact.

Where was your mother born? If you'd like to share.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Juniper Leigh

The yearling's statement felt like an admission, somehow. But how was that an admission? Was there something wrong with being a local? Juniper's parents had been locals here once.. maybe she had just misread the girl's tone. It certainly wouldn't be the first time. 

"She was born in Oak Tree Bend," She paused more for politeness than anything, since this woman was far too young to recognize the name. "It's supposed to be somewhere south and east from here." How south and how east was the real issue that she faced. It wasn't as easy as 20 paces this way, and 70 that. And even if Juni did find it, would she know? It had been so long now that nature had likely reclaimed the site.

(This post was last modified: Apr 13, 2024, 05:13 AM by Juniper.)
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
Lone Wolf No Rank
Adora Macieo

Admittedly she had felt sheepish the moment she had asked. Especially south and east. Adora only knew her birthlands and even that no longer stood with bodies in its lands.

I'm not familiar, I apologize. And she meant it sincerely with a low dip of her head. There is a pack further along the mountain. They might have heard of the place. She did not want to say they had older members but the truth was they did. Some who had seen more, gone further than she had.

I'm Adora. She offered as if introductions could be some kind of balm to disappointment.