(See All?) Announcements
492 Users Online
Google

Like carillon bells, the house of Augustus rings — Silent Moon Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silverfrost who has 21 posts.
Sanguine Cove XI. Yearling
Apollo Vanagarand

A large yearling padded through the mountain plateu. He moved slowly and delibrately, his head never raising over his shoulders, possibly to keep the haphazardly-placed flowers from falling out. They were already wilting while there were others that were fresh but haphazardly placed and many of which had fallen out. The beast loved the purple flowers that were complimenting his thick golden fur. His golden fur became flaxen around his neck and underbelly. His face, ears, paws, and eyes were painted in a dark shade with his golden eyes peering out from his darkened face. His tail was also decorated with feathers from various birds and flowers had also been stuck into his tail.Apollo was looking for his mother. He had only been in Sanguine Cove for a week but he needed to keep searching for his mother. He needed to find her and he was certain his mother was somewhere here. He just needed to find her. Maybe she had gotten lost and her scent had been washed away by the elements. All he had to do was find a fresh trail and he would find his mother. He had attempted to stick flowers into his mane himself and the results were...something. He had also taken to placing flowers into his tail since it seemed like one of the few places he could stick them in on his own. He had also found pretty flower vines and began wearing them since they were easier to apply than his flowers in his mane. He currently had some flowers held in his jaws, gently as to not harm them. He could never have too many flowers.

OOC→ Takes place a week after Appy's joiner
Image from Pixabay
(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2024, 10:14 PM by Apollo.)
Played by Van who has 54 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Mika
The mountains sucked, Mika decided. Like really and truly sucked. The ground was rough underfoot, it was colder than it was at a lower elevation, and Mika would rather take a forest any day than permanently deal with this. They were still exploring, of course, after their run-in with that pretty girl by the stream, but they weren’t sure how long they’d be sticking around these parts.

This place was closer to the base though, and it wasn’t nearly as bad as the place they’d been up higher. It was flat and green and felt nice on their roughened paw pads, and for a moment they were content to just stroll along, enjoying the peace.

Except, they were interrupted by a strong, floral smell interwoven with that of a wolf’s. It was a unique scent, like someone had rolled around in a flower field, and Mika found themself padding after it curiously.

The scent’s source was a large, brightly-furred wolf, skulking around with his head low and flowers all over him. The sight was so bizarre and different from anything Mika was expecting that they nearly laughed out loud, but they couldn’t quite keep the mirth from their voice when they spoke:

“So, I’m guessin’ you must like flowers,” they said, stopping a few wolf-lengths away to study the big guy.
(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2024, 10:05 PM by Mika.)
Apollo Vanagarand

Apollo was hoping to find some morning glory plants. He could bring them back to his den because they made for pretty decorations as brief as they were. He liked flowers and enjoyed having them around him. He would love to create a garden outside of his den. He loved the floral aromas and loved the pretty flowers. He was eager to learn more about plants in general but flowers were his first love.

He was still searching for his mother's scent, hoping to find her. He had to find her; he knew she had to be somewhere around here. She had gotten lost while hunting and he hadn't been able to find her scent because it had been washed away by the elements. That's what he staunchly believe.

He was caught off guard when a voice sounded. He turned to find a white wolf. He smiled, wagging his tail and he put down his flowers.

"Yes!" he said with an eager tail-wag. "I'm Apollo and I love flowers. I'm looking for my mother, her name is Lyra and she has blue eyes and her pelt is the color of a newborn fawn. Have you seen her?"

OOC→ sorry for the wait, should be more prompt now
Lone Wolf No Rank
Mika
Mika was a little taken aback at the sudden influx of words, having not expected such an eager response. This was a kid, they realized, ears angling toward him. They hadn’t expected that - he was so large that they’d thought he was full grown, but they’d been mistaken.

A half smile crossed their maw and their tail wagged, easy and relaxed. The big guy wasn’t a threat at all.

“Afraid not,” they said apologetically, brows creasing in concern. Was this kid by himself, then? He was big, sure, but he was still a pup, and he probably shouldn’t be all alone, right? “Are ya lost? D’ya have a pack or somethin’?”
Apollo Vanagarand

Apollo looked a bit sad as he heard the wolf speak. They hadn't seen his mother which made him a bit sad but he knew she had to be somewhere. He wouldn't stop looking for her. She had to be alive, she would never leave him. Death hadn't even crossed his mind. He shook his head.

Apollo tilted his head as the wolf asked him if he was lost or if he had his pack. "Oh! I'm not lost. I'm flower picking and also looking for my mom. I'm in Sanguine Cove! It's over there!" He pointed his muzzle in the direction of Sanguine Cove. "Our alpha is very nice and so is his mate."

OOC→ lalalala
Lone Wolf No Rank
Mika
Not lost, then. Mika felt their shoulders sag in relief. At the very least, they wouldn’t have to help the kid find his way home. And he was big enough that he probably wouldn’t have anyone mess with him, too, so he was most likely safe on his little escapade.

He gestured up the mountain and Mika inwardly cringed. All the way up there? That seemed… inhospitable, to say the least. “That’s good!” they said in reference to him talking about his alphas. Or, his alpha and their mate. “What kinds of flowers are ya lookin’ for?” There weren’t all that many growing this time of year, as far as Mika knew, but it didn’t look like that was going to deter this guy. Mika didn’t know much about plants, so maybe they could learn a thing or two from this kid.
Apollo Vanagarand

Apollo's tail wagged as the wolf commented about the pack leaders. He had never been in a pack before yet. It had always been just him and his mother. His mother spoke of her birth pack. Her father was a famed hunter and fighter. And his grandmother was a respected healer. She had many siblings, his aunts and uncles. His grandmother's first litter -- his mother's litter -- had four pups including his mother: Lyra, Leitha, Lyall, and Lycidas. The next litter had three pups: Maera, Marrok, and Minigan. And the third litter had two pups: Bleiz and Bestla; and the litter after that also had two: Freki and Faelan. The last litter and the final litter of his grandmother's and the last one Lyra had been present for was Katria. He shook his fur out again to refocus himself.

He nodded, a smile on his face. "Yeah! I think my mother would like it there. She's from her family's pack, the Vanagarand Pack. Her father --  my grandfather is a strong leader and my mother told me once he fought a bear and won! And my grandmother is a famed healer and very wise. I want to be a healer and so Alpha Nash introduced me to his mate whose the pack's healer and was looking for an apprentice! My mom was going to bring me back to her home pack to learn from her mother. My mother is a good hunter. She...She was hunting when she went missing but I think she might have gotten lost so I'm looking for her." He paused realising he had babbled. "Sorry for babbling, I have that problem." he said. He remembered the other question she had asked.

"I like all flowers but my favorites are yellow flowers followed by purple flowers and pink flowers but I love to wear any flowers as long as it's pretty and not poisonous. My mother made sure to teach me about poisonous flowers."

OOC→ lalalala
Lone Wolf No Rank
Mika
What a talker this kid was! It wasn’t a bad thing at all - Mika could ramble a lot too, when they really got going. They tried to absorb all the information as it came, a crooked smile forming on their face.

“Sounds like you’ve got a good family, then,” they responded. “A good pack, too. Ya got lucky, with so many good wolves around ya.” They shook their head at the apology. “Talkin’s not a problem. Just gotta make sure ya take a breath every now and then!” It was a light tease, more playful than anything.

They laughed at the list of flowers - not super informative, but funny nonetheless. “Can’t imagine wearing poisonous flowers would be a good idea,” they acknowledged. “Sorry to hear ‘bout your mom. If I ever see her, I’ll make sure ‘n send her your way. Brown with blue eyes, you said?”