356 Users Online
Bing, Google

a picture left on your shelf — Paradise Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by van who has 113 posts.
Paradise Falls XVI. Subordinate
Riven
for @Chan ^^ Riven’s joining thread

RE: Riven, the rainy season is giving you a headache.

It had been raining a lot, lately, but that wasn’t abnormal for spring. What was more abnormal was the pounding in Riven’s head that accompanied it. It was a light drizzle now, nothing too bad, but the way his head ached suggested a storm was on the way. But the healer wasn’t one to let a little headache slow him down - nor the stiffness in his previously broken bones. Age and old injury were a bad combo, he discovered.

The blond man was on a mission today, however, and he didn’t want to delay it any further. It had been incredibly kind for the wolves here to let him stay without officially joining, and the fact that he actually knew someone in the ranks was a huge bonus. Part of him wanted to travel, but with the way his body was aching, he figured it was probably for the best that he stayed in one place as much as possible.

The rain made it a little difficult to track the leader down, but he managed, and once he caught sight of the larger man, Riven let out a soft chuff.

“Chan,” he greeted, what was left of his tail wagging a bit. “Do you have time to talk?”
Played by Cade who has 867 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan turned his head to the call, a smile curling his lips as his eyes fell upon their most recent addition. He'd been meaning to touch base with Riven before too much time passed them by, his prolonged presence certainly noticed. Not in any negative way, but perhaps the other's feelings had shifted since his arrival. It would be good for their leader to know, if so.

"Of course," he spoke, ceasing his strides to wait the moment it took for the other to catch up.

"What's on your mind?"

Maybe their thoughts were of a similar track.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by van who has 113 posts.
Paradise Falls XVI. Subordinate
Riven
Whether or not his old friend wanted him there, it wouldn’t matter. There was kindness here, and Riven had lacked that in his life for a good, long time. He missed the community, missed sociability.

This place was very nice. He’d love to stay, if permitted.

His head throbbed again and he smothered a wince, padding up alongside the other man. It was generous of him to slow down, allowing Riv enough time to catch up. A small smile formed on the blond’s maw.

“You and your pack have been incredibly kind to me,” he said, falling into step beside the leader. “I didn’t want to keep taking advantage of that kindness and offer nothing in return.” He’d never joined a pack - only helped to make one, long ago, and he hadn’t expected to be so nervous. But here he was, heart fluttering like a bird in his rib cage. There wasn’t overly much he could offer, but he wanted to give what he could. “I’m not sure if I would be welcome, to stay.” There was hope in his words, blue eyes flicking back over to search the leader’s expression, and waited on any questions that may follow.
Played by Cade who has 867 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
It seemed they were. Chan listened, tail moving idly as though played with by the breeze. In all honesty, he would only mind mooching if it proved an actual risk to the others. Of course, there was so much more to it than that. Some spoke of earning their keep with a measure of fear in their voice. Despite his following claim, the leader hadn't heard that. Rather, it felt as though Riven leaned more toward wanting to balance the scales due to moral obligation. That was always good, and reason in itself to let the blonde stay.

"You're absolutely welcome here."

Chan wouldn't say it out loud, but his assumption was that Riven was very unlikely to ever make himself an aversive or endangering presence; he simply had far too kind of eyes.

"I haven't felt taken advantage of, at the least, though I have been wondering if you'd come to a conclusion. If you feel you belong here, then you do."
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]