558 Users Online
Google, Bing

Among the Flares of Flowers — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 107 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Sunny 50 degrees F, Midday
The sun dangled high in the sky pelting the earth with its heat.
The day promised to be a warm one as the wind brushed
through the plant life.
Far away to the north small clouds rushed across the landscape, but none
came close enough to cast shade upon the warmly colored rise.
Butterflies flitted around the dazzling red flowers which occupied the area.
The flying insects going from flower to flower searching for that omphalos
of the flower which would give them sweet nectar.

With the scents of Spring filling his nose and a skip in his step Follko trotted along
the flower-filled trail just enjoying the day. He had just eaten a meal in his new packs territory
and for once this old wolf was happily full.
He glanced around with orange eyes looking for any trees to lie under.
Even though it was only a fifty degree day, the older males blackish
brown fur heated up rather quickly under the constant rays of the burning sun.
"Where's a damn tree when you need one..." He growled to himself as he
began trotting towards a clump of bushes. The bushes were casting just enough shade for
Follko to lie under.

As the wolf lie down under the cooling shade he tipped his ears forward listening to the
sounds of the creatures who inhabited the meadow. Plus if he just so happened
to come across that stupid oaf Jedd he could tear him a new ear with the
new names he came up for that western cowdog. Follko chuckled, the idiot would
probably like the names if anything. Then he scented the wind, and the scent of
flowers covered up any other scents that could be nearby. So he gave up on scenting
and continued listening and watching. Maybe he would come across one of
his new packmates today and get to know them. Or maybe a pretty lady
would come by for him to look at. He smiled at that prospect. All ladies liked to look
around at the flowers.

Lol, perverted old wolf....
“Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.”
--Edgar Allan Poe   user posted image
Played by Siki who has 152 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Trisden Lyall
<blockquote>That last stretch had been long and exhausting, but she had been determined to reach this spot before stopping. It was a silly motivation, really, but setting those small goals had been part of why she had made it this far; challenging herself to just make it a <i>little bit further</i> had kept her going, kept her legs moving, and she was always so satisfied when she achieved those small goals. Start small, think big.

The fact that the flowers had marked her goal was nothing short of pragmatism; from the Riddle Heights, the red smear was an easy landmark and difficult to miss. She rather liked the colour red, anyway. It was a strong colour, a vibrant, dominant shade, and when she finally stepped amongst the petals, she felt rather at home with it. It was nothing like the greens and browns of her birth home, that was for sure. Something about it all just screamed <i>look at me</i>.

Her head lifted proudly, her chest rising and falling as she breathed heavily, tired from her endeavour but smug at her private victory. She did not yet notice the old man laid out underneath the nearby bushes, and nor did she pay attention to the faint scent of wolf in the air. This was a land which belonged to wolves, after all. There was nothing to take particular interest in. Her tail rose up over her haunches almost without thought; it was the memory of living near here (though it was still quite a trek to reach Cedarwood, she knew) that swept pride back into her stature. In that forest, she had meant something, once upon a time.

She would mean something again. That was a promise.</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Follko leaned back and yawned, stretching out
his body underneath the bushes, his teeth glittering in the
dappled sunlight. While he yawned the fresh scent of wolf hit
the roof of his mouth and all of the sudden he was excited. Normally
his luck was rotten and in this instince a burly male who wanted nothing
more than to show off his burlyness and muscly strength would show up
to start a fight. But no, it was a female who strode with her head held high
into Follkos' view. The dark males luck couldn't be better! His tail had
started wagging when he'd spotted her but then in an instant
he stopped and realized that the she wolf was pretty young. WAY too young.
Too young for him to even sniff around or pounce on.

It would be my luck... he growled softly in his head as he watched her.
She seemed to be having fun pracing around in the flowers like a happy little pink pony.

"So miss queeny it seems like you've been here before?" He sat in his shady spot
and smiled in amusement while she lifted her head and tail like an alpha.
He thought she was just a little too comfortable and maybe
he could fix that smugness she seemed to radiate
from the little yearling.

Inactive No Rank
Trisden Lyall
Bwahaha, what a creepster. <3 Follko

<blockquote>Lost in her own world, the movement of the wolf did not catch her eye, but his voice cut out over the relative quiet of the day and snapped her out of it. Instantly she stopped, ears high on her head, and pinpointed its origin. The older wolf was not hiding, and she located him easily.

It was only then that his smarmy greeting really registered, and coupled with the way he was lurking off in the shadows, her eyes narrowed in distaste and distrust. <i>Miss queenie?</i> Bitch please.

She debated ignoring him, lifting her nose into the air and continuing on her lofty journey, but his mocking jest was just right to rub her up the wrong way. Trisden wasn't a princess. She was a <i>prodigy</i>.

Her tail wavered once before flicking a little higher. He had no power over her here; this was not owned territory. Whoever he was, he could just leave it well alone. <b>"Well enough,"</b> she called lightly, her nose raising a little, a plain smirk on her face. She affected concern, but the sarcasm in her voice was thick and plentiful. <b>"I'm not interrupting your midday nap, am I, old man?"</b></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
"Oh no no my lady You didn't disturb me." He tried immitating an underlings
"yes my lady, your the prettiest my lady, anything you wish my lady" type
of voice. He thought he had done quite well with it too.

Follko knew that he had figured out this pups noble-like behavior spot on
when he had first spotted her. Females like this he just loooved to mess with.
Perhaps it was his lucky day.
"Oh miss! I think you dropped your baby fur just off yonder!" He barked out and
began laughing. Obviosuly this she wolf didn't have manners enough to respect her elderly
even if he was making fun of her. Plus she must not have noticed that he was about
a quarter larger than herself.

With a quick snap of his jaws he plucked a bloodred flower from next to
him and held it in his jaws. If she happened to look this way he would mess with
the she wolf even more and play as a casanova. He liked older females
but sometimes it was nice to just screw around and have fun with youngsters.

XD It would be funny if someone else jumped in as they were argueing or something.lol
Played by Bridget who has 139 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
Hope yall don't mind a sweet-hearted Chantille joinin' ;)

Oh goodness, did she ever need a break from those mountains. Her frame had become more muscular; scaling up and down the rocky terrain all day had put her through quite the damn workout. It was time for a break- she wanted to return to one of her most beloved areas in the Lore. Chantille bounded along, creamy pelt gleaming softly within the rays of the sun's light. Deep chocolate eyes held almost a melodic gaze; a smile imprinted deeply upon her elegant muzzle.

She approached the rise happily, her tail wagging like a pup's as she did so. The red flowers bloomed, making the rise seem as if it were up in flames. "Beautiful..." she whispered to herself, the smile now growing to a toothy one. There were never any gorgeous flowers such as these that adorned the mountains. It was gray, all day, every day. Although, the sky was absolutely breath taking when the sun rose and set- oh, and one could not forget the meteor shower. That would be a moment forever held within her heart.

Pausing to recall the moment of the falling stars, the wolf blinked, setting herself back to reality. With this, she loped forward, humming a sweet melody to herself. The air was fresh and crisp, flowing through her nostrils....what is that? Other wolves? She halted, paws gripping into the foliage beneath her claws. Ahead, there were two wolves...one older and the other quite young. With curiosity aglow within her brown eyes, she padded forth gingerly...

Inactive No Rank
Trisden Lyall
<blockquote>What a jerk. His initial response, with its apparent change-of-heart, had had her reassessing his countenance - it suited her very well to be treated with deference, after all - but his quick jab at her youth set it all crumbling. Her head lowered from its lofty space and her lip lifted slightly, the softest of growls in her throat. Who did he think he was, making fun of her? Of Trisden Lyall? She might have yet been a failure to her family, but a laughing stock?

No, she was <i>not</i> a laughing stock.

She glared at him as he snapped up the flower, but she paid it little heed; whatever game he was playing, it would not work. She would not let it. Temper flaring, she took a few broad steps in his direction, despite not really knowing what she intended to do. His jibe had been cruel but true. She was young, and though she hated that fact with every fibre of her being, she had to accept it. Besides, she knew better than to underestimate wolves with many years on their side - Hjornir had shown her that with humbling effectiveness.

Still, as it turned out, such a move was not necessary. As she drew closer, his scent grew stronger, and with surprise, she suddenly stopped, still several yards from his position. She knew that scent. Was he...?

Trisden may have been young, but the nostalgia which came rushing back at the smell of Cedarwood was like a sledgehammer. She had been afraid that it would blow her over - but instead, it simply rekindled something inside of her. Her lip dropped back over her teeth, a new spark in her eyes, and her posture lifted once more to its regal status. She stared at the old man down the length of her nose, and her ears flicked once before pushing forwards. <b>"Do you know who I am?"</b> she asked then, quietly, with the hint of a threat that came with such a loaded question. He probably had no idea at all. She would endeavour to <i>educate</i> the poor man.

Somewhere a distance behind her, the rustle of paws caught her ears, but she paid it no heed yet. First, she needed to make sure that this man understood exactly who he was dealing with.</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Follko was happy to see the young one get angry.
Just getting her frustrated was his win. An experienced wolf
would have known that he was trying to get her to snap.
His nose registered a second wolf approaching from further down the knoll,
but right now he was too interested in bugging this female.

When her anger disappeared and was replaced with that damn
smugness again Follko was only slightly confused. He smiled though
and continued to prod at the little female. Standing up with the flower
still in his mouth he watched as she held her head up and stared at him.
Well thats a threat if I ever did see one. Is this pup stupid? He watched
and stood taller than she when she spoke.

"Who you are?" He snickered as he pretended to think about it then lowered himself
into a playful puppy bow, wagging his tail the whole time.
"By your attitude I would say that your some alphas kid." He smiled still with
the red flower dangling from his jaws. With a shake the wolf stood up again
and began slowly walking towards the yearling. He raised his once dashing head
and lifted his tail arching high above his back. He would not be downsized by a pup.
No matter who her parents may be. Even the young pups of alphas need to be
taught a lesson by older stronger wolves.
Though of course he was still planning on playing with her more, he wasn't about
to hurt anyone.
"Well I will go first then. My name is Follko Theizkei. And you are my lady?" He
asked as he held himself proudly a good distance away.
Played by Bridget who has 139 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis

Well, well. If her ears did not fool her, Chantille would believe that there was some harassment occurring. An impertinent feeling overtook her, and she bounded forth, appearing over the slight hill. Before her stood a young wolf, not even two seasons old. The other wolf, though, seemed to be quite a bit older. Perhaps double Chantille's very own age. With a light grunt, the creamy woman seemed to flow down the river of red flowers, her brown gaze upon Follko as she did so. Follko Theizkei. The graceful woman caught the name at the very last moment.

"Hello, there." Chantille said cheerily, paws digging into the earth, causing her to stop in her tracks. The blood red flowers were a brilliant contrast against her cream-white pelt, flowing all about her. She felt as if she could lay on the flowers and be drifted off to nowhere. The kind she-wolf flicked her tail, gazing for a moment at the young lady beside her. "I am Chantille. Chantille Idasis." She replaced the young wolf's name with her own- it was perhaps that the girl did not wish to reveal her own identity.

She stepped a paw before her, and the elegant woman dipped her head in greeting toward the elder. A scent of a different pack drifted into the wind off of him, and she smelled it, unable to identify its source.

Inactive No Rank
Trisden Lyall
<blockquote>While his persistent, arrogance ignorance ignited the fuel of indignation within her, Trisden fought hard to retain her composure. It would not do to simply shout at the misguided man for the moron he was - oh how she wished she was older, bigger, so that she could put him in his place. It was made sweeter, however, by the fact that she <i>knew</i> where his place was even better than he did.

The kid of some alpha, huh? Oh, he had no idea.

As he drew closer to her, she struggled not to snap, though her lips quivered with the need to snarl at his stupid ugly face. The raise of his tail was almost enough to set her off, but still she resisted, the knowledge that she held just enough to keep her temper at bay. It would be all the sweeter this way. Her need for retribution grew to unbearable levels, and as he gave her his worthless name, she lowered her head and grinned darkly at him.

Just as she was about to blow his jeering face out of the water, the other wolf trotted merrily in and stole her thunder.

<i>Chantille Idasis,</i> the pretty cream female said, and Trisden nearly tore her face off. What did she think she was doing? Furious that her limelight had been stolen, a low growl sounded in her chest, and she jerked her head at the interrupting bitch, lip curling back. <b>"He didn't ask <i>you!</i> He asked <i>me</i> - Trisden Lyall,"</b> and she turned her gaze back to the older man, wanting to see the realisation in his face. The anger in her expression melted into a dark smirk. <b>"Daughter of Jaysyek Enap Lyall - you know, who is <i>just some alpha</i>."</b>

It was not quite as neat as she had hoped, but oh well. She had made the best of a ruined opportunity.</blockquote>