(See All?) Announcements
225 Users Online
Bing, Google, Matos, Reverie, Adelard

A Hundred Highways — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
    the suns going to shine, and sometimes the clouds will rain.

Arlette knew not all females were shy, and quiet. Meeting one was just a bit heap of awkward on top of confusion with a dash of likening. Who would have thought she was talkative? She didn't, but saw no sense in remaining quiet when the lady seemed out of sorts...out of place. The pair of golden eyes flicking like a frightful bird, darting from one place of safety to the next did little to keep her mind from wandering..or going just blank staring. The girl more understood how afraid, how out of place she really was in the looming ancient timbers when she bit by bit pulled the answer from thought to sound.

"Oh, kinda like Hush Meadow?" She slowly spoke, adding another question to it all while trying to make sense of the lady's background. She didn't think wolves would live in an open space like that, but was certain that's the way it sounded. She had liked being in tall, tall grass when she was little. She could tuck herself away, and remembered hiding out against imagery enemies sometimes hoping to surprise her own siblings when the time arose. She had felt a bit overwhelmed in the vast green world. That seemed like ages ago, and the child within her was dying. "Lost? Sometimes I get a little confused, but my..dad taught me to look out for markers to remember, and there is loads of trails I've discovered to help. I could take ya on some." Her white tail tried to wiggle,but more flicked to the side of her haunch. She was still hung up on what Borden had told her...who she really was. She was very stubborn, and did not want to ruin this conversation nor opportunity just because she wasn't sure about some things. She decided to ask further. Gaining knowledge was always a treat.

"What was your favorite part? Did you hunt in the forest?" Asking questions, that could keep her occupied on anything but Midnight Plateau.

[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Played by Kydnt who has 172 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
<i>“Yeah, it was a bit like Hush Meadow, only bigger,”</i> Sibyl recalled her first night in Relic Lore, that eerie blustery evening on the field. She stared off to the side as she answered, <i>“The elk and deer liked to graze out on the grass. But my sister-”</i> she seemed to become stuck on the word, as if it were a large syrupy mass lodged in her throat that needed to be swallowed back down. She tried not to think about Senka most of the time. The scariest thing about the forests of home weren’t the unknown terrors, but her own sister lurking in the shadows. But Sibyl was far away from all that now, she needn’t worry about Senka, her flashing white teeth and dark, angry eyes. It was safe here. She swallowed a couple times, finally banishing the dry ache in her throat as the moisture returned to her mouth.

Sibyl regained her composure, releasing the tension in her limbs. She continued speaking, careful to avoid mention of <i>that</i> sibling, <i>“My pack liked to chase them into the woods, get the herds broken up and confused. Except, I’d get lost and confused too… After a while, she just made me sit and wait in the grass for them to come back.”</i> Sibyl looked back up to Arlette with a sort of confused expression, her ears down and pointed to the sides. Her heart ached strangely and she wasn’t sure if she should feel homesick or relieved.
[Image: Sibyl-greysig01b.png]
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
sorry for the wait, if you want to fade out some time or something. thanks for patience/rping with me again. <3

the suns going to shine, and sometimes the clouds will rain.

The imagine of Hush Meadow was brought to life in her mind. She tried to make it bigger, but it already seemed so large to her. Most of her memories were in her smaller days when it was significantly large compared to the steps she could take with her chubby little legs. She was letting her mind run away, and blinked aware of Sibyl's own distant eyes of somewhere else. Shifting to better hear, she pulled her ears upward, and closely listened. The prey in her world were a lot like the ones here, she noticed the way sister caught in her throat, if it could not quite slide freely into the air. Arlette took it as something bad had happened to this sister, and her face soured for she of coarse wanted to press, but at the same time did not want to nor would. It was clear how sudden she was held by pain, maybe Arlette would never want to know the horror or pain of it. She was patient, and her pale eyes did not linger from the lady.

It was strange when she continued, and more sad than anything. Was the forest so horrible to her? She was face with a moment to do something for better or worse. She was at a blank, but her own pain was etched upon her pale face. "I can see why you'd like the grass rather than the forest. I personally prefer here, but I guess it's what I'm use too." Her words were nothing extraordinary or helpful, and she half frowned wishing to come up with something better. All in her mind was Sibyl's sister. She blinked blankly, shifting her eyes to her paws not sure what else she may say.

(This post was last modified: Jun 17, 2012, 04:10 AM by Arlette.)
[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Played by Kydnt who has 172 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>OOC: No problem! Sorry this post is kinda meh, though. Let me know if you'd like another thread sometime :) You can reply and archive, or just archive.</span>

Sibyl lowered herself so that she was laying on the ground with her white chin resting on her forelegs. She seemed to be thinking, staring off at nothing as she pondered. Arlette had grown up among the trees and she was fine. She looked at ease with her environment, confident in her home. This was a safe place, and there was no reason for Sibyl to be so afraid here. Sibyl huffed a sigh before responding, <i>"I suppose I'll get used to it too, eventually. Hopefully."</i> An uneasy but optimistic smile lit upon her face. It was strange that she would look to the younger wolf as a role-model.

Slowly her lids lowered, before springing back open for her eyes to dart around the scenery, checking that it was safe. She was tired from her travels and was fighting a losing battle with sleep. She hoped Arlette wouldn't mind her taking a nap here. She lifted her head a fraction and looked to the girl, <i>"I'm just going to rest a bit, but maybe sometime you can show me those trails?"</i> she said and finished the sentence with a yawn. Again, she set her head down. Her eyes closed and she hadn't the effort to open them. Sibyl drifted off to sleep.
[Image: Sibyl-greysig01b.png]