(See All?) Announcements
551 Users Online
Bing, Google, Baidu

to a point — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
    If I go crazy then will you stillcall me superman?

The female continued to do the work, and he had to bite his cheeks not to offer help--not that it mattered. He could see he was not needed or wanted and was ready to make himself scarce. This was getting a little too mushy for him, and he felt almost like he was intruding on a private moment. He lazily shifted his haunches side ways, leaning heavily on them, while letting his eyes loom above to the outreached arms of the branches of dead trees. He was still there in body, but his mind was being held by his own torments.

Dark ear twitched at mention of remedy for pain. This, this had his attention. Poor little boy nose hurt did he? Triell knew what could help, but he wasn't about to give it to him. After all this wolf needed another lesson, and it was up to him if he continued to learn the hard way. Faking a cough at the moment he planted a kiss to Narimé, he stretched to a stand. A slick grin encased his dark muzzle. "I think it's more rescuer and annoyance," he stated with an amused tone. His lips parted, in a more toothy grin, and he added, "But you can call me Triell. And,I do know something that might stop that nose from hurting, but it will come at a price."

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
<i>Ehhhhh..!!!?? What the!?</i> Narimé was momentarily stunned after the lighter<br>
male came over and gave her a real kiss. Her little lick before given to Rais had<br>
been to comfort him. The young she wolf was too innocent. She did not know the<br>
consequences of her action. Now she sat stunned as Triell now looked to both<br>
Rais and herself saying he knew what could help the younger boys pain.<br>
A little voice in Narimé's head warned her to move. It told her to stand tall and<br>
to keep her wits about her. She blinked her incredible bluish purple eyes then<br>
snapped her jaws at the air around Rais' muzzle. With her tail raised and a low growl<br>
she stood watching him warily now. It was a warning to the patient not to mess with<br>
the pretty nurse again. Or she'd have to poke him with her razor sharp teeth.<br>
<br><br>
Narimé then took a few steps away from Rais and looked over to Triell. Maybe<br>
he did know what herbs could help Rais pain. But what was the catch? What <br>
exactly was the price to be paid?<br>
<br><br>
<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"What exactly <i>is</i> this price that needs to be paid?"</b><br>
She finally lowered her tail and forced down her hackles while the yearling stood<br>
and watched Triell. She was definately going to be more cautious this time.<br>

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViKaGA0Isrc' target='_blank'>Theme Song (Sloane With Narimé)</a>
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2013, 04:28 PM by Narimé.)

Played by Kydnt who has 154 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
As he'd expected, the girl bristled at the unsolicited lick. He only rolled his shoulders in a sheepish shrug at her, returning another one of his plentiful smiles for her own growl. Standing, the black wolf gave his name and made Rais an offer. Rais' eyes narrowed and ears flattened at Triell's bargain. Just what was it he would expect a lone wolf to pay for such a remedy? The female echoed his thoughts, and he nodded in agreement to her.

Just what was it that he would be expected to trade? The only possession the little wolf had was the skin on his back, and he certainly wouldn't be parting with that. Price didn't necessarily mean an object, and Rais wondered if Triell wanted some sort of favor in return. If it was too much a hassle, he could just refuse and deal with the pain. He cuffed his wrist against his stinging snout, trying to rub away the burn. He'd much rather get the anesthetic though. Sighing, he faced Triell with his head tilted to the side and his silvery brows raised curiously. <b>"Yes, what price might you be expecting? As you can see,"</b> he glanced downward, off to the side at the stack of bloodied barbs, <b>"I don't have much to my name... Besides a pile of quills."</b>
[Image: LoneCrow1.png]
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

He stifled a chuckle as Narime corrected the yearling's action. Triell anticipated Rais to make a wrong move, but he did not. Maybe, the wolf was not the sharpest, but surely not the dullest of wolves. His eyes exchanged between the two, a teasing smile lingering at his lips. They were looking to him wondering of his offer. "Well, I do you a favor and you owe me one." He explained, wondering why they were getting their furs in a bunch. It wasn't like he wanted to be payed in blood, or have the wolf get him food. He really was trying to make the boy lose face, give him a reason to snap at it's already sore muzzle. His whole attitude needed a bit of changing one way or another. If he had been better about things, Triell wouldn't care for the favor. It might just get under the yearling's skin, owing him.

"So, what will it be?" He inquired with a dark raised brow, eyes upon the boy. Dark banner curled, and uncurled behind him as he waited. Then with a shrug he stood, ready to make his leaving. He turned away from his company, slowly walking through the familiar woods. He knew where the remedy was, and made to head in that way should they follow him.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
The girl shook her fur a bit then stepped forward to follow Triell. She would<br>
owe him nothing. As far as she knew anyway. She didn't have to get medical herbs<br>
for Rais. If anything Rais would owe her for helping out, but Triell. No he didn't owe her<br>
anything and neither would she owe him any favor. Keeping her mouth shut she followed<br>
him anyway to see if he would show her to the herbs she would need. <br>
<br><br>
Looking around she spotted plants of every kind, but no where in her head did<br>
Narimé know which type of plants would help or poison. Right about now the yearling was<br>
awed by the amount of knowledge Elettra and Kyrie had about plants. She would never be<br>
able to remember all their names, colors, smells, and appearances. <i>I would likely kill<br>
someone accidentally picking the wrong plant.</i> She made a sour face and continued walking.<br>
<br><br>
<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"So... You're from Swift River right? Then you know<br>
Cali, Ice, and Jessie? I wonder if you could say Hi to them for me when you get <br>
home.."</b> She smiled. Ice had been a nice fellow, and the two sisters were both<br>
good natured wolves as well. Narimé had enjoyed talking with all of them.<br>

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViKaGA0Isrc' target='_blank'>Theme Song (Sloane With Narimé)</a>
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2013, 04:29 PM by Narimé.)

Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
The scowl twisted across Rais' face made no attempt at hiding his displeasure at the situation. The nature of the favor was vague, and he didn't really like being on the hanging end of a bargain. Or, it would seem to be such, at first. If this man expected Rais to repay him at a later date, well, Rais saw no reason he actually had to follow through. It was much easier to break promises, or simply disappear if Triell didn't expect him to do anything for him first. He regarded Triell for a moment, then sighing, he seemed to come to a decision. <b>"Fine, I'll do it."</b>

He trailed along after the others, head hanging sullenly. Occasionally his tongue would flick out, lizard-like, to clean away the blood. He didn't have to agree with the trade, but he really did want to see just what the wolf had in mind for the pain. While Rais could just as easily stick his snout in some cool water to soothe it, just the knowledge of which plant it was could come in handy later.

The boy looked disinterested, distracted even, as he walked behind them, but he was intently listening. He found Narime's idle conversation interesting, the little sentence telling more than one might imagine. Triell apparently was from Swift River, and Rais actually had the "fortune" of meeting one of the wolves the girl had mentioned. He had trespassed once over the pack's border and it was Cali who had chased him back out. Rais didn't know if she had given the pack his name after the little stunt. He figured it would be best if he withheld it from the two here, in case they might decide to withhold the remedy in return.
(This post was last modified: Sep 05, 2012, 02:46 AM by Rais.)
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

"Well come along than," he said, ready to be on his way. He wasn't sure how long he might succumb the urge to not harm Rais. His emotions were not exactly fickle, but there were a few things that could put the Tainn in an awful mood. Enough he wouldn't think twice about taking it out on the lone wolf. Narimé easily followed him, and he suspected that was the main reason the yearling did at all. Or maybe he realized his nose was not about to feel better on it's own.

Narimé began talking, and his ears bent back to listen. He first wondered how she knew, but she continued to speak it was because she had met other River wolves. "I am, Ice is a very good friend of mine actually, but I need to get to know Cali and Jessie better. I will tell them for you though." The dark wolf smiled, glad someone knew how to be polite. Golden eyes found their way to the younger man. "So, do you have a name or do I call you Pokey?" He asked, with a curious raise of his brow. He quickly looked ahead once more, continuing on his way. He knew exactly what he wanted, and it was not too far. It was only to find it.

Humming a deep song, his dark ears cupped forward listening for the creek. He could hear it's simple tune, and turned left, than right through the trees. When he spotted it he immediately began looking for hellebore. There should be some somewhere around here. "I'm looking for hellebore, it's bright green, long pointy leaves, and bunches of little flowers. It will help your pain considerably." Triell looked between his companions before heading down to the creek bank. It would be somewhere nice and wet.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé listened on as she padded behind the male. They were<br>
approaching a slightly moist area where ferns and other wet loving plants<br>
were growing under the tree's shade. Before the dark man had spoken about<br>
the plant needed she wondered if he really knew where they were going.<br>
<br><br>
Her light ears perked up after Triell mentioned the plant they needed. The<br>
she wolf heard the description of the plant "hellebore" and began immediately<br>
searching the plants around her for something that matched the description. <br>
She followed the older male down to the creek bank and continued searching for <br>
a light green plant with pointy leaves. She doubted that it would flower this late in<br>
summer but just in case the girl also looked for flowering plants. <br>
<br><br>
After about ten minutes she spotted something farther down the stream<br>
that might have been what Triell was looking for. Quickly she pulled the plant from its<br>
muddy roots and brought it over to the older man. It was bright green with long pointy<br>
leaves but only a few flowers were left on the stalk. She hoped it was the right one.<br>
<b style="color:#FFFFFF"> "This it?"</b> She spoke through the plant then set it down in front<br>
of the pair of black wolves. <br>
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2013, 04:30 PM by Narimé.)

Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
Rais snorted, then barked half of a laugh. He wasn't very fond of the dark man, but a joke was a joke. <b>"Well, Pokey works. Or you can call me Silver."</b> There was no hesitation in his voice, though he had never been called by such a name in his life. And it wasn't <i>really</i> a lie, after all, he didn't say that it was his name, just that they could call him that. Which was more or less true.

Soon Rais heard the babbling of water through the trees, and it seemed that what Triell was hunting after was down that way, as he turned abruptly towards it. Rais followed Triell down the slope, down to the damp mud beside the creek. He listened to Triell's explanation of what the plant in question looked like. The boy would rather sit up on the upper portion of the bank and just wait for the black wolf to find it himself. But when Narime' set forth to help, Rais didn't want to <i>look</i> like he was being lazy. Triell was already <span class='word'>spleenful</span> enough towards him, he didn't need to piss the man off more and risk having him just poison him with the wrong plant.

He made a feeble attempt at finding the herb, wandering lazily down the creek bank while doing his best to look busy. If he <i>really</i> took the effort to look, he was sure he would find it with time. At first sight though, all the plants looked more or less identical to his untrained eye. He figured that with the two others dutifully searching, there was no reason for him to waste his energy on looking, too. He had meandered past a shrub growing beside the creek with the pretense of hunting for the hellebore. After he was out of sight from the others, he sat down behind the bush and hunched his head down so his white tufted ears wouldn't peak out.

He had been sitting there for several minutes before he heard the girl's voice again. Scrabbling to his feet, he emerged from the bush and ambled over to the pair. A mangled set of leaves and blooms, more or less matching what Triell mentioned, drooped from her jaws. Rais had the faint worry that the dark male would have tried to poison him, but seeing Narime' with the plant in her mouth reassured him that if poison was the intention, at least it wouldn't be him dying first.

<b>"Soo,"</b> His eyes bounced from the herb to Triell's own yellow eyes, questioning, <b>"What do I gotta do with it? Just stick it on my nose? Eat it?"</b>
(This post was last modified: Sep 10, 2012, 02:35 AM by Rais.)
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
D: i fail.

He could tell the boy did not want to share his name by his careful words, but the Tainn simply nodded letting it slide. He did not know why it would matter. The last thing he wanted was to start a fight.

Orange-yellow eyes searched for the plant, he was unaware they had one less helper or he would have stopped immediately. Narimé soon came upon it, and he saw Rais make haste toward them. A raised brow, his lips shifted in a smirk. He thought he had some growing up to do, but it seemed Rais had a lot more. Giving his attention to the plant between her teeth. It looks right from what he was taught by his sister, and he swiftly nodded. "It is," he smiled, "You have a great eye." She could had heart to learn, wanting wisdom and to better herself. Triell quickly let his attention rest to Mr. Silver. Triell really did want to tell him to jab it up his nose, but it would be different words that drifted off his tongue. "You chew the roots, and swallow. Do not eat more than the size of your paw or your heart could stop,"he warned. If Rais didn't want to eat dirt with it, he could clean it for himself.

It was with a weary sigh, his dark ears coaxed back atop his skull. He should be headed for home, and turned to the girl. "It was pleasure meet you," he said then turned to Silver. "You best be on the look out for one day I will hunt you down for that favor. Until than if you experience more pain I suggest you chew, and swallow willow bark. Especially if this does not help." With a dip of his head, and twitch of his tail he settled off toward Swift River leaving the yearlings behind.

{end}

(This post was last modified: Sep 18, 2012, 03:52 AM by Triell.)